Proof that picking WRs is better and the RB people are wrong

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:29 am

I just think it's funny that a few career performances from a handfull of 2nd tier RBs is somehow justifying the 3-RB draft strategy. Just remember that there's a reason why they're called "career performances" - they happen a few times in a career. Let's not get delusional after Week 1.
For Players. By Players.

ruslerue

Post by ruslerue » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:14 pm

i took curtis martin with my 2nd pick, say what you want...but i find it interesting that people think he's finished and a bad rb...

btw, got dunn in the 4th round, took s smith in the 3rd, but now i'm pisssed i even took him over q. griffin

158 points without smith

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:10 pm

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, Ico, but the company server went out. Thanks for the clarification as I knew that just didn't sound like you but I'm sure you'll remind me of that post when you kick my butt later in the season!! :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

johnbriganti

Post by johnbriganti » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:17 am

Despite one's philosophy regarding RBs and WRs, one must not forget to take into consideration where they picked in the draft. I am in Chicago League 4 and had pick 14.
With the 14th and 15th pick I selected T. Owens and T. Holt (M. Harrison was off the board).
At 14 I feel that I had to have WR studs to compete with the RB studs which were off the board by pick 8.
If I had an earlier pick I surely would have gone the D. Davis/Q. Griffin route.
All I'm trying to say is my strategy going in (before the draft order) was going to be RB/RB and perhaps even RB), but once I got pick 14 I had to adjust my strategy and take WR studs and RBs late who have high upside and hope I get lucky.
For all the industry experts and those who feel adamently about a specific strategy I say this - you make you plan and God laughs!
I eeked out a with with 119 points last week with M. Williams and R. Dayne as mu RBs - and Holt didn't score. This week L. Suggs gets the nod along with Dayne again. I hope to do better.

John Briganti
McNair, Brunell
M. Williams,R. Dayne,L. Suggs,C. Perry, G. Hearst
T. Holt,T. Owens,C. Chambers,D.Bennett,A.Bryant
A. Crumpler, A. Kinny
J. Kasay, M. Vandewrjact
Miami,Seahawks
Johnny Football

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:39 am

John, I was 12th in our league and was sitting on one of the 3 WRs to get back to me, (Holt, Owens or Harrison)... you guys suck

I was shooting RB/WR at the 12 spot and had to change b/c 3 WRs went in the next 4 picks right before me.

johnbriganti

Post by johnbriganti » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:34 am

Sorry Vegas, there just wasn't any RB there with the value of either Holt or Owens. I'm hurting at RB now though with the injury to M. Williams and the uncertainty of L. Suggs.

Good Luck to you .

John
Johnny Football

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:42 am

Lets also keep in mind....

IT IS ONLY ONE WEEK!!!!!!!

Does anyone out there really believe that Culpepper will throw for 5 TD's again this year?

Or McNabb throw for 4 AND 300 yards?

Those that had a "lights out" week.... congratulations! I just wouldn't be expecting it all the time.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:10 pm

Originally posted by Hot Sauce:
My first 3 WR are Price,LLoyd and Terrell.I also took Heap before them Ouch!
For Players. By Players.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:21 pm

Not everyone with 3 RB's got stuck with crummy WR's. In the Champions draft (14 teams same point system) I drafted Holms, Griffin and Martin ... then Rod Smith, Fitzgerald and Muhammad as WR's and Gates for my TE.
Hakuna Matata!

brad_brown

Post by brad_brown » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:15 am

I think we are doing fine now that Stephen Davis is done.

We managed to get Edgerrin James, Chris Brown and DeShaun Foster while able to draft Darrell Jackson, Chris Chambers and Lelie/Warrick at WR.

All depends on the league I guess.
Uber Wizdom / Chicago League #3 / Pick #8
Chicago MickeyWhippers / NFFC Mid-Season A / Pick #6