Suggestion for Next Year

BONGIZMO

Suggestion for Next Year

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:42 pm

Greg,

Everything has been solid in your inaugural event but one thing that would be very useful next year would be an overall card for each entrant to track the draft with. I for one have saved each one from all the WCOFF events not only as a memento but also for reference. As with anything, you recall it much better when you are filling it out as the draft progresses versus just printing it off at a later date off the puter. Again just a suggestion but might be a welcomed touch by other participants too...
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

JerseyPaul

Suggestion for Next Year

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:14 am

Suggestion #2

I think it is inappropriate for any of your speakers to talk about fantasy related issues right before the draft. If somebody does not know the current ETA for Michael Bennett's return that is their problem and it shouldn't be handed to them on a platter. I spend hours researching this stuff and if one contestant gets 1 fact they didn't know, that's one too may gifts as far as I'm concerned.

I think it's great to have ex players or other football related people tell about their experiences and interesting stories. That's a terrific way to kick off the competition. But it IS a competition and the subject matter of the competition is not an appropriate topic of discussion.

The drafts, by the way, were great. The Auction was the most fun. Having 1 full league in the room with a bunch of guys going at it full tilt with each other created a great atmosphere. Lots of trash talk and humor.

lichtman

Suggestion for Next Year

Post by lichtman » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:13 pm

It was even less cool that the very guy giving the info was drafting a team (I think). Nice meeting you JP!
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

King of Queens

Suggestion for Next Year

Post by King of Queens » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:30 pm

JP, you're right--the auction was great! Remember where you heard it first: you should have gone to $7 on Ron Dayne...

It was great to see some familiar faces this weekend. Nice to meet all of you, and special thanks to Vinny Goombaz and Joey Bagadonuts for the free drinks!

Erok

Suggestion for Next Year

Post by Erok » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:51 pm

Greg--
Can you post miniature sized draft board results on here somewhere?

Diesel

Suggestion for Next Year

Post by Diesel » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:42 am

Originally posted by Ico Jones:
It was even less cool that the very guy giving the info was drafting a team (I think). Nice meeting you JP! That guy was in my league...League 2...Everyone at the table was visibly pissed off when we saw that guy walk from the stage, giving advice, to our table in the FIRST OVERALL DRAFTING SPOT. But all in all, I didn't see a difference in his draft from anyone else's...He went high on Driver, so if Driver pans out for him, it was because of the immense amount of information he is around. He was a cool guy, but I think I would have rather had Ottis Anderson in the 1st spot instead of the head guy at footballinjuries.com...Anyway, I accept the competition, and if I wind up ahead of him, I know I took down some tough competition.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Suggestion for Next Year

Post by Diesel » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:27 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
JP, you're right--the auction was great! Remember where you heard it first: you should have gone to $7 on Ron Dayne...

It was great to see some familiar faces this weekend. Nice to meet all of you, and special thanks to Vinny Goombaz and Joey Bagadonuts for the free drinks! KoQ, which team # were you? I was team 11 in the Auction..The guy with the Browns jersey....My co-owner wanted to strangle me when we ended up paying $42 for Hines Ward...lol..But when he catches 100 balls he'll be worth it...That was fun.

King of Queens

Suggestion for Next Year

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:58 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

It was great to see some familiar faces this weekend. Nice to meet all of you, and special thanks to Vinny Goombaz and Joey Bagadonuts for the free drinks! KoQ, which team # were you? I was team 11 in the Auction..The guy with the Browns jersey....My co-owner wanted to strangle me when we ended up paying $42 for Hines Ward...lol..But when he catches 100 balls he'll be worth it...That was fun.
[/QUOTE]I was in spot #6 (the Open Spot). I got Randy Moss for $52, and ended up with a collection of garbage for my 2nd RB (Dayne, Hambrick, J.Jackson, etc.). This was my first auction--it's fantastic to be able to get whomever you choose. I will definitely do this again next year.

Diesel

Suggestion for Next Year

Post by Diesel » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:06 am

Personally, I liked the DraftMasters because of the many different strategies people used to score the most points during the year without having any free agent pickups...But the Auction did have more energy, and I will be there next year for both, again. When team 12 fell off his chair after hearing Jersey Paul's bid, that was classic...lol

King of Queens

Suggestion for Next Year

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:16 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
When team 12 fell off his chair after hearing Jersey Paul's bid, that was classic...lol Eddie rocks.