Official Statement From Liberty Media

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:39 am

Here is the official statement from Liberty Media on the Fanball.com site:

The management of Fanball.com has determined to cease operations, effective as of June 30, 2011. Commissioner, Draft & Play, and Challenge games already in progress for NBA, NHL and NFL will continue to their conclusion. Prize payouts for the NBA, NHL and NFL games already in progress will be honored according to Fanball game rules. Fanball.com will not initiate new games for the NBA playoffs, the NHL playoffs or any other sports, and will promptly send a refund to customers of entry fees for 2011 PGA Tour Trade 1 and PGA Tour Trade 2.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:40 am

While there is never good news in a historic company being shut down, please realize that some things are still unannounced and undecided. Hopefully there's a reason for that. I don't know what will happen or if anything will happen with these assets, but they're not mentioned here in this first statement and that isn't all bad.

Tom, myself and most of the Fanball employees are still employed today by Liberty Media, the message boards are still active, all of our players will be paid in full, employees now at least know the terms of their time at Fanball, and life moves on. It's tragic to see such an important company leave this space, but it happens and folks move on.

Again, the boards are still alive. Use them for encouragement and positive thoughts, not to bash anyone or any entity. Let's stay hopeful that all things will work out for this great industry, for these great games, for these great customers and hopefully this great community of like-minded baseball and football fanatics will remain intact. That's my prayer tonight.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:39 am

Greg, I'm going to ask this, even though it's small potatoes to you and the other players here. (i'm admittedly a small potatoes fantasy player)

i won the magazine auction. a $250 credit was promised to me. how can i realize that credit?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:
Greg, I'm going to ask this, even though it's small potatoes to you and the other players here. (i'm admittedly a small potatoes fantasy player)

i won the magazine auction. a $250 credit was promised to me. how can i realize that credit? It was logged as a $250 winning and thus will be paid that way. You'll get what you won in cash.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:39 pm

awesome, thanks.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:56 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:

i won the magazine auction. a $250 credit was promised to me. how can i realize that credit? I don't consider that to be small potatoes, Pete. I was in that league and I was supposed to win it. Finishing third was not the plan. :D

I posted this on the NFBC boards and wanted to post it here as well:

I haven't posted anything since this all went down but I wanted to say that all of the kind words people have expressed have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. It means a lot. I like to believe Greg and I fostered three great events and it's the community of people within those events which make it all worthwhile. So whatever happens in the future will happen but I wanted to let everyone know that all of the kind words, compliments etc. have been very much appreciated and mean a great deal to me. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Both you and Greg offer one of the most valuable assets that anyone can offer in any business - a tremendous amount of good will. If you say something is going to get done, it does. If you say that we are going to get paid, your word is good enough. Everything that both of you have done has been done in a top flight, professional manner. The message board posts on this site and the NFBC site are a fair tribute to what both of you have built.

My advice to anyone interested in the future of the NFBC and NFFC is to make state your opinions loud and clear, because you never know who may be reading this.

calsuer

Post by calsuer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:32 am

Greg & Tom : Wish you both the best. Hopefully we can continue to do "business" in the future. Any time you can get down to New Orleans, please look
me up.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:41 am

Originally posted by calsuer:
Greg & Tom : Wish you both the best. Hopefully we can continue to do "business" in the future. Any time you can get down to New Orleans, please look
me up. Thanks Cal. Will do.

There's a little more info on the NFBC boards because of the timeliness of that event, so feel free to check this thread from time to time if you want to stay on top of the situation:

http://nfbcboards.fanball.com/cgi-bin/u ... 006515;p=1

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:08 am

can someone tell me what Oaktown means by "DC" below...

Originally posted by Oaktown:
Awful news, losing DC is crushing. But what does this mean for NFBC?