+*+*+ Official NFFC Champ Final 4 Thread +*+*

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:57 am

I started this thread to post comments, thoughts, poems, anecdotes, prayers and wishes from the Final 4 players as well as others who may want to chime in and give insight.

Eagles @ Cowboys @ 5pm est
Jets @ Miami @ 8pm est

Teds Cracked Head 630.70 (McMichael)

Incredible Hulking Us 606.79 (Coles, Reggie Brown)

FI$HER 590.22 (Garcia and LJ Smith)

TexasCrew 588.54 (Harrington, Coles, Dallas D)
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

TexasHeat

Post by TexasHeat » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:28 am

Let me start by saying I am not the owner of TexasCrew, the owner is my dad. But, if there is going to be any forum voice for TexasCrew, it will have to be from me, as the only thing he cares to do on the computer is do football research and change his lineups ;) . That being said, I know he is a nervous wreck for the games tonight and that yesterday was a blast all watching the games together as a family. With everyone erupting in unison with each Mike Furrey catch and Ladell Betts carry :D

We do feel fortunate that we have Harrington, who should absorb most any points that TCH will get from McMichael. Reggie Brown is the one that scares me, going against the Dallas D who have been giving up big plays all year in the passing game.

It will be an uphill battle no doubt, and he is glad to be in the thick of things with just 2 games to play. Once again, good luck all.

[ December 25, 2006, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: TexasHeat ]
"That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there"

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:31 am

Teds Cracked Head 630.70 (R McMichael)

Randy McMichael had a solid game vs the Jets in Week 6 by hauling in 8 catches for 72 yards which equates to 15.2 pts. He has the Texas Crew QB, Harrington throwing him the ball so that helps TCH. McMichael is known sometimes for pulling a disappearing act with 10 games without scoring more than 9.5 pts. He could push TCH towards a final score of around 640 with some upside since its a big game for both teams who are big rivals in their division. M. Booker is out for the Phins, so it may be safe to say that McMichael will get alot more targets tonight.

Incredible Hulking Us 606.79 (Lavy Coles, Reggie Brown)

IHU has 2 WRs who remain that have been playing well as of late. Reggie Brown put up 17.9 pts against the Cowboys in the 1st game. At the time, McNabb was under center. Also, in the 1st Jets/Miami matchup, Lavy Coles went for 27.6 pts. Add them together and u get 45.5 pts which is what would def. wrap up the title if their was a repeat performance. On the Miami Defense side, CB Goodman has been playing lock down as of late, and that could possibly mean that J. Cotchery will be even more involved and possibly have a really good game.

FI$HER 590.22 (Jeff Garcia and LJ Smith) - FI$HER is trying to pull off a major coup' tonite with his QB/TE combination platter. Looking for history with Garcia vs the Cowboys, I dug deep to his last start vs them, as a 49er, in 2002. In that December game, Garcia threw for 256 yards, 3 TDS, and ran for 50 yards and a TD. LJ Smith is another TE who is either involved in the passing game or not..so hopefully, for us, tonite he is on the same page with Garcia and could put up a TD. Another interesting note is the Cowboys last 2 opponents, the QBs , Brees and Vick, put up 49 and 39 pts. The last interesting note.... FI$HER's owners are DIEHARD Cowboys fans...NOT TONITE THOUGH ! :D And lastly, we are hoping that the man by the name of Donte Stallworth has a HUGE tonite and even the Pass Catching RB 36WEST could be good for our chances.

TexasCrew 588.54 (J Harrington, L. Coles, Dallas D) - The Crew have the most players going tonite, a total of 3. Lavy Coles on their team cancels out with Coles on IHU. So for the race to the championship, it will be Harrington & Dallas Defense vs R. Brown. Who would ever imagine that Harrington would be the QB who possible leads a team to a high-stakes championship?? Dallas Defense are aggresive against the Run but very poor vs the pass. Its safe to say that points will be scored so the opportunity of 12 pts for a shut out is almost nill. Harrington vs Jets Defense....the Fins most likely try to run the ball alot with Ronnie Brown & Sammy Morris to control the clock...For some reason, I forsee C. Chambers having a big day though.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:58 am

it's always best to already have the points in the bank as does Teds Cracked Head.

i think all of this comes down to mcmichael. if he scores 10+, Teds Cracked Head has it LOCKED up.

there is no way BOTH Coles AND Reggie Brown have huge games. Incredible Hulking Us has to hope for a mcmichael meltdown.

i don't think FI$HER or TexasCrew have much of a chance. they both need mcmichael, Coles AND Reggie Brown to all have subpar games. then they need their players to have great games. too many things to line up IMO. BUT, they at least have a chance, and ANYTHING can happen!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:37 am

GO ROB!

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:58 am

Way to go all of those who still have a shot to cash. This must be an especially exciting and nerve racking Christmas for the top 4 teams. All of you have had great seasons and deserve a shot at the title so good luck.

Just like 2004 the team that dominated the regular season isn't in the chase. Too bad for Jules as she had a great season but she's a class act and would never toot her own horn on this thread...so I'll give her quick props.

Rob,Fisher,Hulk and Texas....enjoy your families today. I hope you all got the gift of Zantac to help you through tonight. I'm jealous of all of you. Savor the moment and best of luck.

[ December 25, 2006, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Route C ]

Dr. FI$HER

Post by Dr. FI$HER » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:55 am

Route C-

The good Doctor will definitely be mixing up one of his specialty cocktails this evening.

Thank you for the kind wishes.
FI$HER

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:32 am

What a great finish once again. When you see how close this Championship Round has been, it reiterates to me that the playoff formula is pretty solid as is. Good luck to everyone who still has a shot at the $100,000 grand prize.

And thanks everyone once again for a great, great season. We have some class acts in the Top 10 right now and I'll be proud to reward any of you who emerge as the winner on the cover of our August Fantasy Sports Magazine holding up the $100,000 check. We might need a little photoshop touchups on some of you, but we made it work with Gekko and Emma and the Ferencs, so I'm sure we'll be okay with any of you guys! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

londog7

Post by londog7 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:54 am

Good luck to everyone still in the hunt and Merry Christmas to all!
I can lead a nation with a microphone.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:20 am

Heat, I had been wondering if this was you in the running but to have it be your dad has to be pretty kewl too. We are well represented with teams that will honor the NFFC and represent it well as Champion. Good luck to all of you and gratz again to Rob for really showing up to play this final week! Very very impressive final run.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.