Steven Jackson...

BillyWaz

Steven Jackson...

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:29 am

I agree 100%.

S-Jax is a "sick" talent on a VERY sick team. :D

This is the week he gets in the end zone. ;)

flex

Steven Jackson...

Post by flex » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:37 am

In my mind he was the best rb in the game at the end of 2006 (even with tomlinson going crazy)

Injuries have derailed him the last couple years and now his team is awful. Put him on a decent team and he breaks the total yards record, catches 65 balls and scores 18 tds.

Moonlight Graham

Steven Jackson...

Post by Moonlight Graham » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:42 am

I tend to agree and took Steven Jackson this year under the logic the offense would be functional. I think he will finish with 5-8 TD's and solid yardage numbers when the season finishes. Given how RB's have performed this year that would make him a good pick.

BONGIZMO

Steven Jackson...

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:12 am

Sjax is an undeniable talent and I agree totally that if he was in a better situation he would amazing. I agree Billy that the streak of lots of yardage and no scores ends this week especially with the Rams showing a small pulse again. He may really help any teams around playoff time if they have him.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

DOOMSDAY

Steven Jackson...

Post by DOOMSDAY » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:33 am

SJAX will visit the end zone 3 times on Sunday, count on it!

Now could the Chiefs please just release LJ so that the Pats can swoop in and sign him already. How sweet would that be?

Raiders

Steven Jackson...

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:58 am

I say he does NOT score 1 TD.

[ October 30, 2009, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

renman

Steven Jackson...

Post by renman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:04 am

Originally posted by GK:
...as an owner I was well aware of all of the pitfalls and flaws of drafting him ("the Rams" just about succinctly sums it up) heading into the season but I must state that on talent and ability alone imho I don't think that there is a better pure RB in all of the things an NFL RB does (outside of Adrian Peterson and even that may be debatable based on SJax's pass-catching skills)...if SJax were simply on a decent team (Seahawks, Dolphins, Cowgirls, Jets), never mind a good or even an offensive powerhouse team (Saints, Colts, Texans) I think that his numbers would be downright scary...just sayin'...GK I could not agree more. I think Jackson is as talented as an RB in the NFL. If I were starting a team and could have any RB in the league and was playing for just this year (meaning no reason to take a rookie) I would take S Jackson.

He does it all. Can run, run for short yardage, be a factor in the pass game, picks up the blitz, is a homerun threat.

Just stuck in a bad situation. Just another example of how a players circumstance can profoundly impact his production. Not this this circumstance is THAT bad because due to the team being so bad, he gets a TON of touches.

ultimatefs

Steven Jackson...

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:58 am

No way was I drafting Sjax or LT with any first round pick this year. LT is not the same, and STL sucks. I didn't think he'd have 0 TD's at this point, but I knew he wouldn't have many and your 1st rounder has to be a TD guy.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.