Live Chat With Tom & Greg: Today, 3 PM ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:53 am

Okay, we all watched a lot of pre-season games this weekend -- damn, these MUST be the highest rated pre-season games in NFL history -- and so it's time to talk some football today. Tom is ready with all of your football-related questions and I'm here to serve the drinks!! :D Let's do it again today with a Live Chat at 3 pm EST and take your questions for an hour or two. NOTHING is off limits today.

We have five more days of signups to fill up the Classic and our ancillary Auctions and Draft Champions. Let's do all we can to get that done by Friday and announce the Main Event draft spots on Saturday. We can do it.

And talking about draft trends, player news and more will help pave the way this week. We're going to do that as much as possible this week, so stay tuned here all week long. We've got nothing else to do, so why not Chat on the boards?!!! :D

Feel free to post some questions in advance and we'll get to them as soon as we can and then jump in here during your work hours and talk football with us. See you then.

[ August 23, 2011, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:33 am

Hi Guys,

With the revelation that Best had a(nother) concussion how far do you drop him down your board? He had the concussion issue at Cal his last season and he was already an injury risk. Does he now drop outside of the top 15 running backs? 20? 25?

Thanks.
Joe

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:44 am

I didn't have him in the Top 15 on my board but I would dip him into the early 20s right now. I'm more concerned about the concussion history than I am his turf toe problems from last season. I'm not worried the turf toe issues will pop up again. However, more concussions are clearly possible, if not probable.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:11 am

Free agent DE Antwan Odom was shot in the leg early Monday, according to WKRG's Jessica Taloney......

Does anyone know where Plaxico Burress was after the game yesterday?

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:14 am

how do you see deangelo williams and stewart spilting time? also with such a bad qb (either newton or claussen) do you see either of them having a good fantasy year?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:18 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
how do you see deangelo williams and stewart spilting time? also with such a bad qb (either newton or claussen) do you see either of them having a good fantasy year? I think Newton could actually be an upgrade over what they had last season. His ability to make plays out of the pocket should also open up running lanes, similar to what we saw with Vince Young/Chris Johnson in Tennessee.

My guess is Williams gets 65% or so of the lead carries with Stewart getting the remainder and Goodson handling most of the third-down work. I love JStew but he is in a horrible situation. For him to generate any type of value other than low-end RB3 he really needs Williams to get hurt again. Otherwise, I think he's bench fodder in traditional leagues (although I do like him in DC formats). Williams remains a great value. He's a Top 10-15 RB when healthy and he's going for a good price as a RB2.

[ August 22, 2011, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:23 am

with best having his injury problems who do you see emerging as the guy getting most carries?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:27 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
with best having his injury problems who do you see emerging as the guy getting most carries? Not a big fan of anyone they have there other than Best but Jerome Harrison may be the best bet as we sit there today.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:30 am

Tom I know you've been talking up Ingram - convince me that it isn't a horrible multiple job share with not enough touches to make anyone better than a RB3.

Post by 751542 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:33 am

tom

did you see or read anything this weekend that would change your kds preferences?? what would be yours at this time??? i am struggling with setting mine any insight would help...thanks!