bonehead move...

renman

bonehead move...

Post by renman » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:00 am

all week long i had bid 734 on stecker as i saw very little talent available on the free agent wire that even COULD establish itself as a productive fantasy player... i had curtis martin on a bye in week 3 and saw this as a chance to get some possible good production from stecker...

all week long i kept seeing that ki-jana carter would "split" carries and this started to concern me. i finally had this thought that carter might be more likely to get goal-line carries and i switched my bid to him last second before the free agent deadline for bids... bidding one dollar less for stecker as a conditional.

i got carter, regretted it immediately...(someone else got stecker spending less) and then watched stecker run for 100+ and a td.. while carter watched.. and duece will be back before carter has any value. and more then likely i would not have started carter anyway as my other RB's will be active and off byes... thus i wasted nearly my entire faab budget for nothing...

anyone make a bigger idiot move than this?

[ September 27, 2004, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

Dyv

bonehead move...

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:31 am

I once mailed in my utility bill and didn't put enough postage on it... the check came back to me and because I missed the early bird deadline I had to pay an extra $3.

From a Fantasy Perspective - I had to pick between 2 kickers this past week and I chose to waive Carney and keep Cundiff. I would have appreciated those 5 FG massive points from Carney yesterday, although I did okay so far without him. Maybe Cundiff can show up and knock down 3-4 FG and make me feel less of an idiot.

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

mrx

bonehead move...

Post by mrx » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:39 am

Originally posted by renman:
anyone make a bigger idiot move than this? [/QB]For the second week running we had an RB AND WR each post a stellar ZERO points. "Onterrio's down - Moe's in the game - look at him RUN - he's HEALTHY...oh, he's chasing the Bear that picked up the fumble... and O. Smith is back in perfect health!!!"

(I also cost myself a win in another league with Blalock - Dicky V. should be fined for falsifying his injury report.)
Calhooooooooooooun
2007 NFFC 7-6
2006 NFFC 4-9 (rebuilding year)

www.myspace.com/karchadonis

da bears

bonehead move...

Post by da bears » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:34 am

Dyv, yeah you only got 203 pts this week. Good job fellow LV4 member
Bauler Shot Caller

Dyv

bonehead move...

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:51 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Dyv, yeah you only got 203 pts this week. Good job fellow LV4 member Thank you - and timing was perfect. With 190 pts. total through the first 2 weeks a 200 point weekend was well received back in the Dyv Locker Room.

Go Cundiff?

Dyv

JB

bonehead move...

Post by JB » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:07 pm

Nice week Dyv! Looks like you're in good shape for that Troy Aikman autographed photo. Team NEW has Coles still left though (If you needed something to root against).

Dyv

bonehead move...

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:26 pm

Originally posted by JB:
Nice week Dyv! Looks like you're in good shape for that Troy Aikman autographed photo. Team NEW has Coles still left though (If you needed something to root against). Ok, so I need 13+Cundiff vs. Coles?

Tell ya what, I'd take 10-12 pts. and he can have the Aikman picture... Troy Aikman? Blah...

D

Gordon Gekko

bonehead move...

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:34 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
Thank you - and timing was perfect. With 190 pts. total through the first 2 weeks a 200 point weekend was well received back in the Dyv Locker Room. Well done Dyv.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

wlfskp

bonehead move...

Post by wlfskp » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:07 pm

Good Job Dyv.....Good Luck All
Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth." -
-- Mark Twain
Play FF like its a new day -- Fanatics

Dyv

bonehead move...

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:30 pm

Thanks guys, luck back at ya - be nice if a Message Board regular won instead of some faceless person ;)

Dave