Slow Drafts

purpleacecards

Slow Drafts

Post by purpleacecards » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:13 am

Hi, Greg.

When are we going to fire up some slow drafts for football? It may be a bit early, but I'd be interested in joining once you get them going.

Thanks.
Scott

norb_55

Slow Drafts

Post by norb_55 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:15 am

I don't know if slow drafts are possible now that MDC is owned by another entity. All of our slow drafts for NFBC in the past have been done on MDC. I hope this doesn't mean the end of this gameplay option as I really enjoyed it for NFBC.

Coltsfan

Slow Drafts

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:29 am

Last year we started the slow drafts in May. It's definitely not too early.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Slow Drafts

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:57 am

Originally posted by Scott:
Hi, Greg.

When are we going to fire up some slow drafts for football? It may be a bit early, but I'd be interested in joining once you get them going.

Thanks.
Scott Yes, we will be able to do Slow Drafts starting in early July. We are building our own draft software for all of the pay online leagues and our own mock draft software and that will be done shortly. Our hope is to unveil everything the week of July 6th.

The Slow Drafts are a great way to get folks drafting early in the season, competing against fellow NFFC members and testing out the 3RR in our 14-team formats. We hope to offer those soon. Sorry for the delay this year, but as mentioned before thing are changing in the industry and we just have to build and own everything ourselves. That's what we're doing now and it should be done soon.

We'll crank this season up with drafts after the Fourth of July!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

purpleacecards

Slow Drafts

Post by purpleacecards » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:51 am

Hi, Greg.

If it still looks like slow drafts will be available after July 4, please sign me up once you're ready.

Thanks.
Scott

TOMDOG

Slow Drafts

Post by TOMDOG » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:08 am

I really liked the 375 DM where the top 3 finishers got a seat in the next years classic,and want to be first to sign up if you guys do one.I realize you want to fill the online championship,and i understand your point there,but if you do this DM,i am IN.

Glenneration X

Slow Drafts

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Originally posted by TOMDOG:
I really liked the 375 DM where the top 3 finishers got a seat in the next years classic,and want to be first to sign up if you guys do one.I realize you want to fill the online championship,and i understand your point there,but if you do this DM,i am IN. Dependent upon when these drafts are offered, what Tom described is something I would be interested in as well.

Enjoy your 4th everyone.

Glenn

Greg Ambrosius

Slow Drafts

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:03 pm

Originally posted by Scott:
Hi, Greg.

If it still looks like slow drafts will be available after July 4, please sign me up once you're ready.

Thanks.
Scott I'm flying to St. Louis on Tuesday to see everything and finalize the back-end with IT. I'll post an update shortly. Thanks for your patience all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Slow Drafts

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Originally posted by TOMDOG:
I really liked the 375 DM where the top 3 finishers got a seat in the next years classic,and want to be first to sign up if you guys do one.I realize you want to fill the online championship,and i understand your point there,but if you do this DM,i am IN. Yeah, that $375 Slow Draft filled fast last year and three teams earned free entries into the NFFC Classic this year. That was a good season prep and a good prize package. I'll let you know if we can do that again shortly. It's time to get the season underway, right? Thanks for your patience all.

moyer1313

Slow Drafts

Post by moyer1313 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:25 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by TOMDOG:
I really liked the 375 DM where the top 3 finishers got a seat in the next years classic,and want to be first to sign up if you guys do one.I realize you want to fill the online championship,and i understand your point there,but if you do this DM,i am IN. Yeah, that $375 Slow Draft filled fast last year and three teams earned free entries into the NFFC Classic this year. That was a good season prep and a good prize package. I'll let you know if we can do that again shortly. It's time to get the season underway, right? Thanks for your patience all. [/QUOTE]I'm in, too.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95