WR vs RB in Flex

Dyv

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by Dyv » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:21 pm

Originally posted by MidasMike:
r u shitting me ....your telling me knowing steve smith would score more points than d.davis ....you would take davis???????THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO ....HUUUMMMMMMMM(iwish this guy was in my league ...or is he)whatever guy thanks for your 1400 dollar donation.....see ya next year...sucka I'm sure you'll win, Mike - nobody could be as smart as you and not win.

I've recently become aware of the fact that you don't understand what I'm saying. Not sure if it's attention problems or literacy but it doesn't really matter.

I think you'll do well with Emmitt Smith in your starting lineup. I wish I had him.

Regards,

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

TradeStar28

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:23 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by MidasMike:
r u shitting me ....your telling me knowing steve smith would score more points than d.davis ....you would take davis???????THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO ....HUUUMMMMMMMM(iwish this guy was in my league ...or is he)whatever guy thanks for your 1400 dollar donation.....see ya next year...sucka I'm sure you'll win, Mike - nobody could be as smart as you and not win.

I've recently become aware of the fact that you don't understand what I'm saying. Not sure if it's attention problems or literacy but it doesn't really matter.

I think you'll do well with Emmitt Smith in your starting lineup. I wish I had him.

Regards,

Dyv
[/QUOTE]Dyv...please post your full team roster.

Thanx :cool:
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Dyv

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by Dyv » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:43 pm

LV4, Pick #2

QB: McNair, Plummer, Rivers
RB: LT, Staley, Dayne, Hearst
WR: JavWalker, McCareins, R. Wayne, D. Hall, D. Driver, D. Watts
TE: Gonzalez
K: Carney, Nedney*
D: DEN, ATL

Welcome

Dyv

TradeStar28

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:48 pm

LV4, Pick #2

QB: McNair, Plummer, Rivers
RB: LT, Staley, Dayne, Hearst
WR: JavWalker, McCareins, R. Wayne, D. Hall, D. Driver, D. Watts
TE: Gonzalez
K: Carney, Nedney*
D: DEN, ATL

Welcome

Dyv Oh no...you have Nedney...there goes your season :confused:

Dyv

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by Dyv » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:49 pm

Indeed - but I will have you know that I didn't take him ahead of WR

TradeStar28

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:57 pm

Indeed - but I will have you know that I didn't take him ahead of WR I, for one, will not argue the RB vs WR debate. Obviously, by the look at my roster, you can see which side I have chosen!

You better fear Richie Anderson as RB2! And if he dont scare you, then Troy Hambone may! :D

Dyv

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by Dyv » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:08 pm

I could have had one of those top WR, I chose Gonzo instead... my gamble is that I can abuse matchups and waiver wire to patch WR together. If I'm right I'll be in good shape. If I'm wrong, then I'll be competitive.

Dyv

MidasMike

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by MidasMike » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:52 am

yeah the waiver wire is packed with potential...

Tkats96

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by Tkats96 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:03 am

Format H2H gives RB heavy teams advantage over WR heavy especially during bye weeks. RBs simply touch the ball more often and are more consistent. Now the total points factor may bail out WR heavy teams or at least close the gap.

3 RBs= consistent
4 WRs= explosive or weak (never know which)

Picking RBs isn't really hard this category nets about an 80% or better success rate. While outside of the top 10-12 WRs the success rate of picking these chumps is about 15%. Simply look at the rosters in your league at WR 12 teams are all thinking they picked the right guys and fact is we won't really know till about week 10 will we. Now look at the RB team and you know who is a contender now. Example- Someone drafted Reggie Wayne to be a #3 or yikes #2 WR and felt like it was a solid pick, but this morning I'll bet they feel a bit different about that (and should he has 4 solid NFL games ever 2 with Harrison out).

Of course many factors will determine the overall champ, but RB heavy teams will prevail more than not in H2H competition,

Dyv

WR vs RB in Flex

Post by Dyv » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:09 am

Originally posted by MidasMike:
yeah the waiver wire is packed with potential... Not for you, RB don't grow on waivers ;)