Quitters ruin this contest....

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:11 am

I just flipped a coin on whether I will play in one of the Snake Main Events next year, or just stick to Auctions. The quarter landed on its side. Now what?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:26 am

While the luck/skill debate will go on FOREVER, there will ALWAYS be people who consistently have more success than others, people who will continually think they always have "bad luck" (AKA whiners), and people who realize there is luck in ALL fantasy games.

Forget getting rid of the "quitters", I would much rather do without the "whiners"! The quitters are few and far between (in football), but the whiners are out in full force EVERY year! :(

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:33 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Forget getting rid of the "quitters", I would much rather do without the "whiners"! The quitters are few and far between (in football), but the whiners are out in full force EVERY year! :( i'd prefer to get rid of the biggest luck components, H2H and the 3 week sprint (or lottery as you call it). hopefully that doesn't place me in the "Billy Waz Whiner Camp" :D

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:41 am

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT G.G. YOU WOULD BE PLAYING IN A HIGH-STAKES FANTASY FOOTBALL EVENT WITH MAYBE 30 OTHER PEOPLE.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:56 am

You guys really love the skill vs. luck argument....
You turn every thread into a continuation of this debate.

Have fun with it.... ;)
Glenn

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:59 am

Originally posted by Gekko:
i'd prefer to get rid of the biggest luck components, H2H and the 3 week sprint (or lottery as you call it)I finally understand Gekko, after all this time. You are the Don Quixote of fantasy football!! Keep up the good fight against those winddmills my man.

For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:00 am

Originally posted by Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Forget getting rid of the "quitters", I would much rather do without the "whiners"! The quitters are few and far between (in football), but the whiners are out in full force EVERY year! :( i'd prefer to get rid of the biggest luck components, H2H and the 3 week sprint (or lottery as you call it). hopefully that doesn't place me in the "Billy Waz Whiner Camp" :D [/QUOTE]I think we established that points scored and H2H wins are VERY MUCH correlated.

H2H isn't nearly as "luck driven" as you make it out to be, Mark. That is a losing argument for you.

The championship round, I am with you. However, one component of luck to keep the majority of people is a fair trade off in my book. :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:01 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Gekko:
i'd prefer to get rid of the biggest luck components, H2H and the 3 week sprint (or lottery as you call it)I finally understand Gekko, after all this time. You are the Don Quixote of fantasy football!! Keep up the good fight against those winddmills my man.

[/QUOTE]ROFLMAO!!! :D

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:02 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT G.G. YOU WOULD BE PLAYING IN A HIGH-STAKES FANTASY FOOTBALL EVENT WITH MAYBE 30 OTHER PEOPLE. oh, i don't think it will happen. people love lotteries (daily number, powerball, mega millions, slot machines, etc).

NOW, if a new fantasy football contest emerges that removes most of H2H and the 3 week sprint (when scores reset), they'll get ALL of my money.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:09 am

Originally posted by Nag':
I finally understand Gekko, after all this time. You are the Don Quixote of fantasy football!! Keep up the good fight against those winddmills my man.
so says the game operator