NFBBC

jdoggmms

NFBBC

Post by jdoggmms » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:35 am

is this contest happening for the upcoming season? I haven't heard of or seen any announcements thus far. I apologize for posting this topic in the NFFC Classic section of the message board. I realize there is a separate section for the NFBBC, but there have been no posts since last season, so I figured this area would be more effective.

Last season, I bailed on the contest due to the position eligibility inconsistencies leading to a debacle where everyone had to redraft their teams. Not cool. I think that the situation could have been avoided if the event was organized a bit sooner and more preparations and consideration was taken, instead of piecing a contest together at the last minute.

I do hope that there is enough interest in a basketball event this season because I am eager to play, assuming that the rules and positions are clearly defined, and the draft and league management software is adequate. So what are the current plans, if any? Let's get the ball moving because the season starts in about a month.

Greg Ambrosius

NFBBC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:44 am

Yes, we have finalized plans for 2010-11 and we will have a Main Event again and I will unveil an NFBBC Online Championship, too. Price levels are still being determined, but I'm thinking about $750 per team for the main event and $350 for the Online Championship. More details to come.

I'll gladly run private satellite leagues if there is interest. Some folks have played at $125 in the past and we will offer one or two draft dates for that. Some owners have even asked about a Super League at a price level between $1250-$2500 and I would do that as well if there is interest. But right now we are focusing our efforts on the two type of national contests.

Position eligibility is already established for 2010-11 on the Fanball.com site and we will again use the Fanball.com Basketball Commissioner product. We will host drafts on www.draftpractice.com and there will be a Draft Board like we had in football with colored position stickers for each pick. That draft site should be available shortly. Overall standings will be calculated again for the national contests, but we are still working on those plans.

The goal is to unveil things this week, but you beat me to the punch. We are much better prepared for this upcoming season and I don't see any of the problems we had last year when we tried to do this one week before the start of the NBA season.

We will NOT host live drafts for basketball this year. Everything will be done online. We had talked about hosting a live draft at the Bellagio in Las Vegas and possibly even one in New York, but one look at expenses to do that made it unrealistic. But if basketball ever takes off, we'll gladly be the first company to host two regional live drafts. Maybe we can do that in 2011-12.

Stay tuned for more details this week. We're excited to unveil our plans and get another season rolling. Thanks for asking.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

jdoggmms

NFBBC

Post by jdoggmms » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:55 am

Awesome! Thanks Greg
You can count me in for the main event and the Super League

wizardbw

NFBBC

Post by wizardbw » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:07 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Yes, we have finalized plans for 2010-11 and we will have a Main Event again and I will unveil an NFBBC Online Championship, too. Price levels are still being determined, but I'm thinking about $750 per team for the main event and $350 for the Online Championship. More details to come.

I'll gladly run private satellite leagues if there is interest. Some folks have played at $125 in the past and we will offer one or two draft dates for that. Some owners have even asked about a Super League at a price level between $1250-$2500 and I would do that as well if there is interest. But right now we are focusing our efforts on the two type of national contests.

Position eligibility is already established for 2010-11 on the Fanball.com site and we will again use the Fanball.com Basketball Commissioner product. We will host drafts on www.draftpractice.com and there will be a Draft Board like we had in football with colored position stickers for each pick. That draft site should be available shortly. Overall standings will be calculated again for the national contests, but we are still working on those plans.

The goal is to unveil things this week, but you beat me to the punch. We are much better prepared for this upcoming season and I don't see any of the problems we had last year when we tried to do this one week before the start of the NBA season.

We will NOT host live drafts for basketball this year. Everything will be done online. We had talked about hosting a live draft at the Bellagio in Las Vegas and possibly even one in New York, but one look at expenses to do that made it unrealistic. But if basketball ever takes off, we'll gladly be the first company to host two regional live drafts. Maybe we can do that in 2011-12.

Stay tuned for more details this week. We're excited to unveil our plans and get another season rolling. Thanks for asking. about time basketball gets some love, roto basketball is another kind of beast that a junkie like myself would love to learn to master..

greg, put me down on the "interested" list for the super league.

Sebadiah23

NFBBC

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:23 pm

Awesome. Lou Nemphos and I are interested again of course. I strongly suggest promoting this event heavily on the Fanball Basketball Challenge boards and whatever other way possible. There is a big diehard fanbase there that would like this contest.

-Craig Kielinski
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

Sebadiah23

NFBBC

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:24 pm

We are also interested in the Super League.

Sebadiah23

NFBBC

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:05 pm

I went ahead and copied Greg's post to the Basketball Challenge board.

It tends to get hopping in mid-October

http://rotobasketball.fanball.com/bbs/b ... b&area=bbs

Greg Ambrosius

NFBBC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:23 am

Originally posted by jdoggmms:
is this contest happening for the upcoming season? I haven't heard of or seen any announcements thus far. I apologize for posting this topic in the NFFC Classic section of the message board. I realize there is a separate section for the NFBBC, but there have been no posts since last season, so I figured this area would be more effective.

Last season, I bailed on the contest due to the position eligibility inconsistencies leading to a debacle where everyone had to redraft their teams. Not cool. I think that the situation could have been avoided if the event was organized a bit sooner and more preparations and consideration was taken, instead of piecing a contest together at the last minute.

I do hope that there is enough interest in a basketball event this season because I am eager to play, assuming that the rules and positions are clearly defined, and the draft and league management software is adequate. So what are the current plans, if any? Let's get the ball moving because the season starts in about a month. We had planned to get the basketball web site live this week, but it looks like it will be early next week. Anyway, maybe folks can plan ahead with some of this tentative information I put together for the IT team.

Again, we have national contests for the Main Event at $750 per team and the $350 Online Championship. We'll offer a $125 Satellite League for folks who just want to dip their toes into the water and a $2500 Super League if folks are interested. All leagues will have drafts online and payouts are all 80%, except for the Super League, which could be 90%. More details to come.

Here's the tentative details:

NFBBC Main Event
Prize Breakdown:

Place Overall League
1st $5,000 $3,200
2nd $2,000 $1,500
3rd $1,000 $750
4th $500 --
5th $300 --

Game Information:

Number of teams per league: 12
Total Number of Teams: 60
Cost per Entry: $750
All drafts will be held online.

Draft dates and times:

Friday, Oct. 22, 9 pm ET
Saturday, Oct. 23, 1 pm ET
Saturday, Oct. 23, 7 pm ET
Monday, Oct. 25, 7 pm ET

NFBBC Online Championship

Prize Breakdown:

Place Overall League
1st $2,400 $1,400
2nd $1,200 $700
3rd $700 --
4th $400 --
5th $300 --

Game Information:

Total Number of Teams: 48
Cost per Entry: $350
All drafts will be held online.

Draft dates and times:

Tuesday, Oct. 19, 7 pm ET
Wednesday, Oct. 20, 9 pm ET
Thursday, Oct. 21, 7 pm ET
Monday, Oct. 25, 7 pm ET

NFBBC $125 Satellite League:

Prize Breakdown:

Place League
1st $725
2nd $350
3rd $125

Game Information:

Cost per Entry: $125
All drafts will be held online for these private leagues.

Draft dates and times:

Tuesday, Oct. 19, 9 pm ET
Thursday, Oct. 21, 7 pm ET
Saturday, Oct. 23, 4 pm ET
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mattjb

NFBBC

Post by mattjb » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:42 am

Put me as a maybe for the online $350 greg.

Money

NFBBC

Post by Money » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:36 am

Pretty sure we'll be up for the main event as well as the Super.
Joe