Bears-Packers

da bears

Bears-Packers

Post by da bears » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:06 am

It should be a heck of a game tonight. Going into the season I thought the Bears would have no chance but they played great last week and Cutler has been on fire so far. Obviously that guy Matthews concerns me but Rogers better watch out for Julius Peppers on the other side.

I have so many packers on my fantasy teams this season that it actually will be tough to root against the Packers but I will anyways. :D

I think the Bears win tonight 27-24 and move to 3-0!!!

GO BEARS!!!!!
Bauler Shot Caller

BONGIZMO

Bears-Packers

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:20 am

I will admit to being surprised at the Bears success so far as that line simply looks like it will get cutler killed. I think tonight will give us a true litmus test as GB seems more together and more disciplined than the first two opponents.

Interesting to also note that the Chicago D with a healthy Urlacher seems to be similar to Pittsburgh's D now that Pal is healthy...

I still think Chicago's coach needs to go as does the front office folks and really hope GB pummels them because should Chicago go 3-0, it will mask some core underlying issues with this organization and make Lovie continue to have more lives than Morris the Cat.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Tom Kessenich

Bears-Packers

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:25 am

We'll learn a lot about both teams tonight. We'll find out if Cutler's strong showing is for real or if this is a repeat of prior seasons when he started fast only to fade as the season went along. We'll find out if the Green Bay secondary - torched by every elite QB it faced last season - has improved and can hold up against the onslaught Martz is sure to throw its way.

I doubt either team runs effectively or much at all. I expect this to be a passing game and the difference could be which defense makes more big plays. I also think this may be the game Jermichael Finley owners have been waiting for.

Packers 27, Bears 23
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Bears-Packers

Post by mattjb » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:40 am

Green Bay 38 Chicago 28

BillyWaz

Bears-Packers

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:59 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I also think this may be the game Jermichael Finley owners have been waiting for.

Packers 27, Bears 23 I hope you are right Tom. Could use some points from him (13+ in 1.5 ppr to be exact!)

I remembering him shining against Baltimore on MNF, maybe he likes the lights.

Packers 27 Bears 16

BONGIZMO

Bears-Packers

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:19 am

GB 34-CHI 24

Old School

Bears-Packers

Post by Old School » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:49 am

spread is only -3 Green Bay ???

BONGIZMO

Bears-Packers

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:25 am

Indeed...but always tough to go against the home dog, at least for most, not me lol.

Greg Ambrosius

Bears-Packers

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:35 am

This should be a good, good game tonight for NFL fans and an even better one for fantasy players. I think both offenses will excel and I could see a 27-24 or 30-24 outcome as well.

I think the Bears are going to stop the run straight-up, which will be able to give them extra defenders in the passing game. Teddy is too stubborn to address the running game, but this will be the first case of it really slowing down the offense. The Bears can flat out stop the run and the Packers have absolutely no deep threat in the backfield. This will be key.

Defensively, the key as always with Cutler is putting pressure on him and making him throw off his back foot a few times. They did it last year at home and they can do it again. But if he throws quickly their wideouts will move the chains on this secondary. Handling Matthews will be the key here.

Rodgers and Cutler could both have big games. It's hard to believe that a Packers-Bears matchup will turn into a shootout, but I expect that to happen. Both teams pass better than they throw and both defenses have holes in their secondaries. Should be fun to watch.

And Matt, that Urlacher jersey needs to be replaced soon. Time for a new one!! ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kentucky

Bears-Packers

Post by kentucky » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:54 am

i look for it to be a FG one way or the other. probably whoever has the ball last.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!