Patriots Game Plan?

Gordon Gekko

Patriots Game Plan?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:56 am

I've recently read that the Patriots have a ridiculously easy schedule this year. Their opponents combined record from last year is 99 wins and 157 losses (38.7% winning %).

Is there a chance that belichick changes course 180 degrees and uses a run-oriented approach? i doubt it, but i figured i'd ask folks doing more than "weekend prep"
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Route Collectors

Patriots Game Plan?

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:39 am

The risk far outweighs the reward to me. I want to be in a position to win the 100K so I want as much of a sure thing as I can get.

Does NE running game offer this or is it a mirror of Denver? I love Maroneys talent but I'm not buying his stock with so many safer choices.

boutrous11

Patriots Game Plan?

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:42 am

Brady will throw 32 tds, Maroney will run in 15. draft accordingly.

Gordon Gekko

Patriots Game Plan?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:43 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
Brady will throw 32 tds, Maroney will run in 15. draft accordingly. you seem very clear about this. if maroney does run for 15, he will be GREAT value given his adp! :cool:

Gordon Gekko

Patriots Game Plan?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:44 am

Originally posted by Route C:
The risk far outweighs the reward to me. I want to be in a position to win the 100K so I want as much of a sure thing as I can get.

Does NE running game offer this or is it a mirror of Denver? I love Maroneys talent but I'm not buying his stock with so many safer choices. what if you can get maroney in the 3rd round? is he worth it there. you know i loved him last year. 3rd round is a big dropoff from last year

Shrink Attack

Patriots Game Plan?

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:49 am

There might be a slight inclination to do more running, but not by much, IMO. Why should they? They were one helmet-pressing pass-catch by a reserve WR away from being 19-0. Honestly, I don't really buy all this talk about the Patriots needing to be more "balanced" this year. I've yet to see any evidence why this would be the case.

Losing the Super Bowl has left a bad taste in their mouths which will only be washed away by running up the score on everyone in sight...via the pass.

Bill Belichick (who I think has a form of high-functioning autism which limits his social relatedness...seriously) doesn't give a flip about what anyone thinks, has no respect for opposing coaches, and will never let off the gas pedal for anyone. Period.

[ July 15, 2008, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Shrink Attack ]
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Shrink Attack

Patriots Game Plan?

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:56 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
Brady will throw 32 tds, Maroney will run in 15. draft accordingly. I don't think the Pats have much faith in Maroney at all. He'll split carries with Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk will be the 3rd down RB, and he'll get very few goal line carries.

I can't think of a worse feeling than being a Maroney owner and watching helplessly as the 1st and Goal look is to...Mike Vrabel!!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Route Collectors

Patriots Game Plan?

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:29 pm

I'm probably looking at another position in the 3rd so he won't be a choice for me. 15 TD's is ALOT more than I'm expecting. Obviously if that happens forget the 3rd .... he's a bargain in the 2nd.

Ted's Cracked Head

Patriots Game Plan?

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:46 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There might be a slight inclination to do more running, but not by much, IMO. Why should they? They were one helmet-pressing pass-catch by a reserve WR away from being 19-0. Honestly, I don't really buy all this talk about the Patriots needing to be more "balanced" this year. I've yet to see any evidence why this would be the case.

Losing the Super Bowl has left a bad taste in their mouths which will only be washed away by running up the score on everyone in sight...via the pass.

Bill Belichick (who I think has a form of high-functioning autism which limits his social relatedness...seriously) doesn't give a flip about what anyone thinks, has no respect for opposing coaches, and will never let off the gas pedal for anyone. Period.

[ July 15, 2008, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Shrink Attack ] I agree.

I say Brady goes OVER 41 TDs.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Gordon Gekko

Patriots Game Plan?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:00 am

When things are going well, no one ever thinks they'll change. History tells us they always do change.