I'll Chat Live Friday At 2 p.m. ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:57 am

Let's have ourselves a Friday afternoon chat. Be here with questions, comments, thoughts, hopes, dreams and I'll be ready to supply as many answers as possible. And if I don't have a good one, I'll make one up.

Be here.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Tom,
Since I'll be at work at 1pm cst and unable to chat, I'm submitting my question in advance.

RB situations: Looking 4-5 weeks down the road, what's your opinion on the following rb situations:

1. Seattle- Any shot Forsett takes over as the feature back or is Seattle committed to Jones no matter what?

2. Pittsburgh- FWP put up better stats last Sunday but I didn't see the game. Mendenhall or Moore chances to replace him?

On a side note, I'd be very concerned if I owned Portis. Way too much news about how much his ankles are killing him. Doesn't sound like he's making through the season.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Tom if Tashard Choice was on the waiver wire in a 12 team league and your 2nd running back is LJ with D Ward as your 3rd how much would you spend on him assuming you have your 1000.
Also thoughts on the Barber'Jones'and Choice from here on out.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:03 pm

FWP is banged up. Mendenhall looks like a bust. Are we about the see the Mewelde Moore show again, soon?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

botherk

Post by botherk » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Who do you miss more CC Sabathia or Brett Favre?

Who does the state of Wisconsin miss more?
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:16 am

Roll w/ FWP (w/ Moore in case late scratch) or use Leon earlier in the day?

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:39 am

Tom,

Is LT done?

Thanks,

John

philpo

Post by philpo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:29 am

Tom

Now that Eddie royal looks like he has a groin injury is it time to move on ?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:40 am

Originally posted by rkulaski:
Tom,
Since I'll be at work at 1pm cst and unable to chat, I'm submitting my question in advance.

RB situations: Looking 4-5 weeks down the road, what's your opinion on the following rb situations:

1. Seattle- Any shot Forsett takes over as the feature back or is Seattle committed to Jones no matter what?

2. Pittsburgh- FWP put up better stats last Sunday but I didn't see the game. Mendenhall or Moore chances to replace him?

On a side note, I'd be very concerned if I owned Portis. Way too much news about how much his ankles are killing him. Doesn't sound like he's making through the season. I'll answer some early:

1. I think it's possible. I don't see Jones being the answer for 16 games and I don't think Edge is the answer either. I think Forsett will get a shot before it's all said and done.

2. Parker's looking iffy with a turf toe injury so we could see Mendenhall and Moore get larger roles. The problem for fnatasy owners is the game is Sunday night. If Parker doesn't practice today, I don't think you can start him.

3. I agree about Portis and I wrote that on Monday. I've been a huge fan of his for years but I think he's done. I think all of the carries have caught up to him.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:42 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Tom if Tashard Choice was on the waiver wire in a 12 team league and your 2nd running back is LJ with D Ward as your 3rd how much would you spend on him assuming you have your 1000.
Also thoughts on the Barber'Jones'and Choice from here on out. I'm not going to give FAAB advice in terms of how much to spend. Let's just say I think pursuing Choice is obviously a worthy investment. As far as the Cowboys, I'm worried about Jones. Tremendous talent but he's looking very brittle. I love Barber but he now has durability issues. Choice is pretty darn good and hasn't shown a propensity to get injured. He could emerge as the best option in that backfield. That wouldn't surprise me.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich