Free NFFC Entry For Regular Season Pts Leader

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:22 am

Okay, thanks to Jules reminding me to do this, I've added another prize to our NFFC Prizes link. We'll give a 2008 NFFC free entry to the team that has the most points after Week 13 of the regular season. Jules set the NFFC record last year and earned a free entry this year and I'll gladly give another one next year to the team that beats 363 other teams through 13 weeks.

Thanks for the reminder Jules. I didn't forget about this, but I did forget to add this to the Prizes page. It's official now. Good luck everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

nostradamross

Post by nostradamross » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:58 pm

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:33 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, thanks to Jules reminding me to do this, I've added another prize to our NFFC Prizes link. We'll give a 2008 NFFC free entry to the team that has the most points after Week 13 of the regular season. Jules set the NFFC record last year and earned a free entry this year and I'll gladly give another one next year to the team that beats 363 other teams through 13 weeks.

Thanks for the reminder Jules. I didn't forget about this, but I did forget to add this to the Prizes page. It's official now. Good luck everyone. Greg,

What happen to the Back to back Main Event Winners???? :D That is only a 3 man Culb Here In the NFFC... :confused: 13 week points totals will happen year after year....And grow and grow...

:D :D :D

The 13 week total points for the main is a great change though....Haven't posted but Love all the changes to the Main you have made.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:04 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Thanks for the reminder Jules. I didn't forget about this, but I did forget to add this to the Prizes page. It's official now. Good luck everyone. Greg,

What happen to the Back to back Main Event Winners???? :D That is only a 3 man Culb Here In the NFFC... :confused: 13 week points totals will happen year after year....And grow and grow...

The 13 week total points for the main is a great change though....Haven't posted but Love all the changes to the Main you have made.
[/QUOTE]Johnny,

Although back to back is VERY impressive, I would think since the NFFC is only 3 years young, that ANY two time winner should be recognized.

That being said, I would be curious to know how many two time winners there would be if the current format of splitting the $5,000, and playing for the other $2,500 during the 3 week playoff was implemented back in 2004? As this has been said, this is the BEST way to determine the TRUE champion of each league (far too much luck involved with simple "head to head").

I don't know the answer, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if it was NONE. :eek:

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:19 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:

[/QUOTE]Johnny,

Although back to back is VERY impressive, I would think since the NFFC is only 3 years young, that ANY two time winner should be recognized.

That being said, I would be curious to know how many two time winners there would be if the current format of splitting the $5,000, and playing for the other $2,500 during the 3 week playoff was implemented back in 2004? As this has been said, this is the BEST way to determine the TRUE champion of each league (far too much luck involved with simple "head to head").

[/QUOTE]Billy Boy....you are very astute....

because we both know that if the rules of 2007 were in place in 2006, then Johnny Boy wouldnt be boasting about his back-to-back League Championships....only FI$HER would be

:D
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:59 am

Originally posted by FISHER:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

[/QUOTE]Johnny,

[/QUOTE]Billy Boy....you are very astute....

because we both know that if the rules of 2007 were in place in 2006, then Johnny Boy wouldnt be boasting about his back-to-back League Championships....only FI$HER would be

:D
[/QUOTE]Fisher, First off you have already said on the MB that you have someone else draft your teams for you. "Your team has one brain running three body's". lol....I draft my own squads.

Also you don't know what you are talking about...Do some homework and look into things. I won both total points and head 2 head a year ago also. Thats got to count for something. Along with getting the head 2 head crown this year. Either way the rules are the rules when we play.

I could say Gekko and Rob's Main championship won't be as good as the guy who wins the Main under the 3rr Rules this year.... :rolleyes: But Then I would be jealous like you....Right???

[ June 08, 2007, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: RI WORKHORSE ]
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:12 am

Johnny,

I don't think Fi$her was talking anything about your 2005 season (as obviously you won titles in both years- NICE JOB!), he was simply commenting that he WOULD have won back to back titles under the system that is being implemented this year (he was simply answering the question I asked - NICELY DONE TO YOU AS WELL FI$HER!)

I wonder if Kyle Pope and Derek Anderson (Lumpy's Losers) would of won back to back titles under this year's system? They of course were the ONLY team to win back to back titles in 2004 & 2005.

I know Big/Bigger Mo is the ONLY team to make the playoffs ALL THREE YEARS (quite a feat!), but I know in 2005, he was like 12th in total points in his league :eek: and somehow won the "head to head" title.

This is a GREAT example of why TOTAL POINTS is a much better barometer of success, and the system this year will end up proving that OVER AND OVER again! :D

[ June 08, 2007, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:18 am

[/QUOTE]Johnny,

[/QUOTE]Billy,

Wasn't bragging....Just was asking Greg a question. I remember when the thread was going about the topic of the 13 week total and the Record's. And Greg said he was going to make some prizes for us.....Just curious about if there would be prizes for the Records this year also...

I do agree with you about how many guys have won total points back 2 back. But the rules are the rules when we are playing and you can't take anything away from guys for that. There are two many factors.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:25 am

Johnny,

I don't think Fi$her was talking anything about your 2005 season (as obviously you won titles in both years- NICE JOB!), he was simply commenting that he WOULD have won back to back titles under the system that is being implemented this year (he was simply answering the question I asked - NICELY DONE TO YOU AS WELL FI$HER!)

I wonder if Kyle Pope and Derek Anderson (Lumpy's Losers) would of won back to back titles under this year's system? They of course were the ONLY team to win back to back titles in 2004 & 2005.

I know Big/Bigger Mo is the ONLY team to make the playoffs ALL THREE YEARS (quite a feat!), but I know in 2005, he was like 12th in total points in his league :eek: and somehow won the "head to head" title.

This is a GREAT example of why TOTAL POINTS is a much better barometer of success, and the system this year will end up proving that OVER AND OVER again! :D Agree in the value of total points.Been saying it from day one. But rules are rules. I was higher in total points then a few teams and should of made the playoff's in the auction. My whole team was injured for the auction this year. Got them all back and was on the outside looking in because of the H2H format.

But those are the rules. Greg and the Diesel are right. People will always find something to start something about. Even a simple question on a prize topic.... :rolleyes: Greg and Tom Run a hell of a show and don't know how they can please all of us guys with out going crazy....
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:25 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

[/QUOTE]Johnny,

[/QUOTE]Billy,

Wasn't bragging....Just was asking Greg a question. I remember when the thread was going about the topic of the 13 week total and the Record's. And Greg said he was going to make some prizes for us.....Just curious about if there would be prizes for the Records this year also...

I do agree with you about how many guys have won total points back 2 back. But the rules are the rules when we are playing and you can't take anything away from guys for that. There are two many factors.
[/QUOTE]Not a problem Johnny, and while I agree that we do "play by the rules", and the head to head winner has got the most $$$, it certainly doesn't mean they were TRULY the better team.

The goal for EVERY team each week is to score AS MANY POINTS AS POSSIBLE, factors like "who we play" are COMPLETELY out of our control. I KNOW you are a "points man" Johnny. You had a GREAT season Johnny, but deep down, you know FI$HER did better, and was more deserving of the $5,000.

If you don't believe that, it is only a matter of time before YOU have the most points (but not best record), have a crummy 3 weeks in the playoffs, and end up on the "other side of the fence", and only get the $2,500.