Chicago NFFC: Hyatt Regency Is Our New Home

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:07 am

Okay, the lockout has bought us a little extra time to explore a few new options in New York and Chicago and one in Chicago has presented itself this week. This is a hotel in the Rosemont area near the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center where we could get a solid ballroom setup and a place that has affordable rooms, a nice sports bar in the hotel and good food. The room rates would be $89, which is very solid for this first class hotel.

I'm looking into that now and hopefully we'll finalize the Windy City very soon. For those in the Windy City, are you okay with returning to the Rosemont area? For those flying in, this is a short taxi ride from O'Hare and is most convenient for folks coming in that way. For those driving to the NFFC, it's an easy access from the north and accessible from all areas as it's just off the interstate.

We should have more details soon, but before you book your hotel in Chicago give us a little more time to finalize this. It's possible we will have an option to go along with Trackside Arlington Park. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks all.

We're still finalizing New York as well, but we definitely will be in the Manhattan area. If all goes as planned, you'll like this new location we have planned.

[ August 01, 2011, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

SS

Post by SS » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:25 am

Greg, I will be in Vegas for the drafts but for the guys and gals heading to Chicago, Arlington Park was really nice for the baseball drafts and there was a lot of open space. You can also take the Metra train there from the city and suburbs which helps alot...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:43 am

Greg,

I love the Rosemont area. There are plenty of food options and very easy access. I also like drafting at the hotel we are staying. Sounds good to me.

Wayne

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:20 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Greg,

I love the Rosemont area. There are plenty of food options and very easy access. I also like drafting at the hotel we are staying. Sounds good to me.

Wayne Ditto, coming from an out-of-town driver.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:17 am

Greg,

Wayne I agree. Rosemont is very convenient for travelers and drafting.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:55 am

Agree, agree, agree!

Honestly I was not impressed with Arlington Park.

The whole plan was to get Wayne drunk before he drafted, and the bartender wouldn't even serve him.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:55 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Agree, agree, agree!

Honestly I was not impressed with Arlington Park.

The whole plan was to get Wayne drunk before he drafted, and the bartender wouldn't even serve him. I think we can make it work at either location and as Scott said we really had solid drafts there for baseball. But trust me, we did not tell that bartender to be so strict with you guys. Heck, we wanted you folks to drink, eat and be merry the whole time there last year, but that apparently didn't happen long enough and I wasn't happy to hear reports from Trackside last year. But we'll get it right this year for sure.

Okay, we have a nice connection right now at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Rosemont. I think we can get room rates at $89. This is the hotel just to the left of the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center and they have a solid sports bar there, great restaurants and a solid ballroom for us. We can even expand the space if Chicago takes off like we hope it will. Check this out and let me know if you like this spot better:

http://www.ohare.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp?null

We don't have anything official yet, so don't jump to conclusions but this has potential. And if our veteran folks like Rosemont better than Arlington Park, we'll try to make it work. Thanks for any and all feedback here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:08 am

This is real close to Gibson's.........

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:36 am

Wayne It sure is. Great, great steakhouse.

We can get rooms at $89 per night on Friday and Saturday and I'm working on that now. I don't have a room block for Thursday night, but let me know if you're coming in that night and I'll see if we can get the same rate for that night. Will any of you be coming in on Thursday?

Okay, who's lining up the fun in the Windy City for this year? I'm leaning towards the Rosemont location and hopefully you guys can take it from there. This should be fun.

Finalizing New York next.

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:43 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:

Wayne It sure is. Great, great steakhouse.

We can get rooms at $89 per night on Friday and Saturday and I'm working on that now. I don't have a room block for Thursday night, but let me know if you're coming in that night and I'll see if we can get the same rate for that night. Will any of you be coming in on Thursday?

[/QUOTE]Greg, I will be coming to town on Thursday night.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!