How Many of you out there in Fantasy Land have had an appendectomy?

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:17 am

It depends on the severity of the infection. If it was in an advanced stage to where it was near rupturing, then the recovery time could be long enough to make Cassel miss the game this weekend. There is always the possibility of an abcess reforming after an appendectomy, so doctors are cautious. They can typically keep you in the hospital for several days and pump you with antibiotics to make sure that no infection returns. They also encourage little activity for at least a week so that the area can heal.

It takes alot out of you either way. Even if he plays, Cassel will be extremely sore and groggy as it takes time for your body to get over the incisions and drugs.

Of course, after writing this he'll probably go out there and throw for 400+ yards and three scores, but that's what I know about the procedure.

Good luck in your decision.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:49 am

Glenn,

I had surgery and mine was bad (it exploded in the doctors hand just after removal).

With that said, it took me 6 MONTHS to fully recover!!!

Now that I've scared you :D I think it will take him a few weeks at a minimum. No way he performs at a high level this weekend IMO.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:10 am

Geez, Russ, did you eat a firecracker?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:10 am

Something like that!

I ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks fighting the poison that did escape. Lots of morphine. :D

They had to sew the stomach wall but left my wound wide open to be packed with saline soaked gauze for 2 months as it healed.

Not fun and now have a 2" wide x 6" long scar to show for it.

Worst pain I've ever felt! Even worse than when I found out the Oprah show was ending. :D :D

lycanthrope

Post by lycanthrope » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:33 am

I had bad abdominal pains on a Saturday morning while doing an online fantasy football draft. Asked one of the league members to take me to the hospital after the draft was over. Had an appendectomy that day and checked out of the hospital the next morning and went straight to another draft where I conducted a six hour auction. Lost the online league but won the auction league. I remember when I was being wheeled in for surgery I told one of the nurses I had somewhere to be the next morning and she just laughed at me and told me to relax.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:06 am

My pains were so bad I could only lay in a fetal position. My 4 brothers had to carry me to the vehicle.

They drove me to the doctors office that was situated on the property in front of the hospital(thank God!).

My doctor saw me right away and immediately diagnosed appendicitis. He then got me a wheel chair and ran me himself to the ER. Within 10 minutes I was in surgery.

Pretty serious stuff. People have died from the poison.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:13 am

How do I avoid having to have an apendectomy?