YTD ADP & Actual Positional Ranks

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:02 pm

In at typical year about 50% of the early RB's meet expectations while WR's run 50-60% so the odds are definitely better of not missing at WR. It looks like this year is running pretty much true to form. It's just weird seeing those REALLY low ADP guys performing so well.

Wayne

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
In at typical year about 50% of the early RB's meet expectations while WR's run 50-60% so the odds are definitely better of not missing at WR. It looks like this year is running pretty much true to form. It's just weird seeing those REALLY low ADP guys performing so well.

Wayne wayne great stat there. def can use it to learn from draft mistakes. my perception was that WR are easy to miss on as they can go on hot and cold streaks. but the reality is it is safer to take a WR and if there is a 50-50 shot at running back it is a smarter move to take some risks at RB later on.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Here are the final stats folks. Enjoy.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Great job Mike! Most everything looks pretty consistent with other years with a few exceptions.

-I can never remember a year when the QB's held to form so consistently with ADP. It was amazing. You really got what you wanted when drafted a QB (outside of injuries) with the exception of the wavier wire pickup on the decade in Vick

-I can never remember a year when 2 clear cut waiver wire guys finished in the top 10 at WR in the same year.

-I also can't remember a year when a top 3 WR finished outside of the top 70 at his position WITHOUT getting injured.

-What a crazy year with injuries to the top TE's. It was a great year to wait. There was just a LOT on inconsistency at TE until the playoffs and Witten went off.

Very nice job with the numbers. It will be interesting to see where many of these guys end up going next year.

Wayne

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:37 pm

Nicely done Mike. Thanks for taking the time to share this with the other kids.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:02 pm

Great stuff Mike!

Thanks for doing all this!

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:47 am

Good stuff Mike...thanks
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:20 am

You're all quite welcome. BTW, don't forget that there are tabs at the bottom of the page to view each position's player stats.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:29 am

The stats made it quite clear that targeting Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush, Addai and Mathews in most of my leagues was not the best draft plan.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:07 am

WOW, thats cool and thanks.

I think the fact that Brandon Marshallw as #20 at the WR position sums up what a strange year it was outside of any injuries.

Anyone that owned Marshall can tell you for the most part he was useless until the very end in FF for the year.

Great job again and thanks.

3'