DeShawn Wynn on injured_reserve

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:37 am

Packers placed RB DeShawn Wynn on injured reserve with an unspecified injury, ending his season.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:45 am

Money well spent by Greg and I in WCOFF. We paid over $700 for him and started him once and that was last night.

I love this game. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:46 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Packers placed RB DeShawn Wynn on injured reserve with an unspecified injury, ending his season. Allow me to specify: he sucks!

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:01 am

A lot of $$$ will be spent on Grant this week.

I wonder if people realize the Pack hadn't done anything on the ground prior to last night. Grant looked decent, but it was mainly due to the inept run defense of the Broncos.

Maybe Gado will make his way back to WI .
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:18 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Packers placed RB DeShawn Wynn on injured reserve with an unspecified injury, ending his season. Allow me to specify: he sucks! [/QUOTE]LMAO! That was funny Glenn! :D

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:31 am

This will lead to the return of Brandon Jackson to the mix. Also, Vernand will get his touches in the passing game as Grant will not see the field on obvious passing situations. That was quite obvious last night.

Some of you guys are great as it's like a new Harley coming out. Just can't wait to spend money. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:49 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Money well spent by Greg and I in WCOFF. We paid over $700 for him and started him once and that was last night.

I love this game. :D Of ALL the people who should have known better, you two as Packer fans knew that Green Bay's running game blew. You, in fact, said it several times, TK. I am very surprised you guys spent that kind of dough on him.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:28 pm

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

I love this game. :D Of ALL the people who should have known better, you two as Packer fans knew that Green Bay's running game blew. You, in fact, said it several times, TK. I am very surprised you guys spent that kind of dough on him.
[/QUOTE]Not surprised at all. I really felt the big back like Wynn was the right fit for this offense, not a small back like Jackson or Morency. McCarthy isn't going to give up on this zone blocking scheme and he will keep pushing it as the Packers can't win in December without a formidable running game. Someone in that backfield is going to be a solid contributor and I really felt Wynn was that back.

If he doesn't get hurt last night, he could have easily had those same numbers that Grant put up. Now it's Grant's show and we certainly don't feel bad about spending our money early in the WCOFF season to improve the weakest spot of our lineup: RB2. We'd take the shot again if given the chance, especially in a shortened 11-week season like that one.

One more thought: Grant sure looks a lot like a young Dorsey Levens wearing that No. 25. He has a similar running style like Dorsey, who grew into an All-Pro back. I'm not sure Grant is capable of becoming like Dorsey was in 1996, but I like his early looks. And I'll admit, I don't have him in a single fantasy league thus far.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:31 pm

I have to say that if you are putting your hopes on anyone in Green Bay's running game you are reaching for the stars here and coming up really short. DeShawn Wynn was a waiver wire wonder for the short time that he was but we all knew that he wasn't going to be the stud that everyone wanted him to be.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:50 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
I have to say that if you are putting your hopes on anyone in Green Bay's running game you are reaching for the stars here and coming up really short. DeShawn Wynn was a waiver wire wonder for the short time that he was but we all knew that he wasn't going to be the stud that everyone wanted him to be. Agreed. I can see both Brandon and Morency working their way right back into the mix.

BUT...aside from Chatman...Grant may be the RB to logically get the most touches going forward off waivers.

I know he's mine in the magazine auction league (sorry Greg)...as well as WCOFF main. I have big FA $$$ in both...and see no reason to not use it here.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver