Worst team ever

BLACKHAND

Worst team ever

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:02 am

although i firmly believe this should be FUN and not life and death it does make other teams in that league much stronger having someone draft so bad. a few lucky 32 teams will have to go against strong teams in that league since this person drafted so bad. I am sure comments made on this team was not a personal attack but just a little fun being poked at his team.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Gordon Gekko

Worst team ever

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:24 am

i got a couple of the same players on my team that the "worst?" team has. guess that makes me 2nd worst.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Dyv

Worst team ever

Post by Dyv » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:18 am

Gstar, that was pretty.

Having said that - this bulletin board would be a very dull place if we all posted variants of Miss America Pageant answers... "Um, well, um, if I could have one thing to make the world a better place it would be peace and goodwill on message boards and good health for all people... and animals!"

On another note, I could be wrong... but I would bet Greg and Tom appreciate the activity on the boards.

I agree that personal attacks don't need to be 'nasty' but the fact is when I see a red rose I want to feel free to call it a red rose, even if you would rather I don't identify the particular hue of the plantlife in question.

Fact is, I think what Nnoy did was foolish. Not that it may not work... and I do actually think that Nnoy is a pretty intelligent and good fantasy gamer.

Still - if you need this world to be so policitally correct and afraid of honesty then please spend your days on the soccer field watching kids play in games where they don't keep track of scores so nobody has to 'lose'.

Perfect ;)

Sorry for the rant, but the 'nice' parts of your comments were fueled by something I don't agree with.

Dyv

p.s. You seem like a very nice guy. I would still like to be your friend.
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

nnoy

Worst team ever

Post by nnoy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:12 am

Dyv,

Which move do you deem “foolish?” Selecting Vick and Favre or calling out the Bahamas?

GriffithVT

Worst team ever

Post by GriffithVT » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:25 am

Dyv,

I agree that we have to have some smack talk/banter.

I appreciate your comments and will still be your friend. haha In fact, I'd like to treat you to a refreshing Fresca at the next draft. (Or your beverage of choice.)

On that note, ouch owners of Chris Brown!!! Guy kills first half only to leave with an injury. Im loving my Antoine Smith pick right now!!! Hey better you than me.

I'm off to watch soccer and sing Carpenters tunes.
The Gstar!

Dyv

Worst team ever

Post by Dyv » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:03 am

lol

Nnoy: Vick/Favre with same bye week ( I have no problem with 2 early QB...)

Fresca is an excellent drink, Gstar - ;)

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

nnoy

Worst team ever

Post by nnoy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:21 am

As I previously noted I was fully aware of that when I took Favre in the 5th. I figured by week 9 I would have found a viable one week option off the FA wire. Then I lucked into Grossman late, assuming he’s healthy he plays the G-men that week, hardly a defensive force.

Also as beaten to death on the boards I felt any RC I could take in the 5th was marginally better than those that would be there from rounds 7-11. Week 9 is only one week, odds are I will have one of the top-5 QB producers in my line-up for more weeks than not, and I can survive an injury to one of these guys (which I will be rooting FOR come week 14.)

JerseyPaul

Worst team ever

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:34 am

Originally posted by nnoy:
As I previously noted I was fully aware of that when I took Favre in the 5th. Awareness does not imply insight.

richieprimo

Worst team ever

Post by richieprimo » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:54 pm

Lucked into Grossman???

Rooting for an injury???

Odds ARE that you can only start ONE of those top-5 QB's every week. More than not, you'll probably sit the higher scorer for that week.

JP...I have some "insight" of my own on that guy.

:rolleyes:
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

richieprimo

Worst team ever

Post by richieprimo » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:01 pm

And another thing, Mr. a-NNOY-ing....Don't be so quick to pass judgement on who has the worst team. I think that I may be in contention for that dubious honor. I "lucked" into Testaverde in the late rounds.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.