Changes To NFFC Draft Room & DraftPractice.com

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:00 am

You won't notice a real visible change to the NFFC draft software since Wednesday, but we have added a lot of new functionality that with a little practice will work well. Some of those features are only visible during NFFC pay drafts, but you can certainly size up the tools now in DraftPractice.com.

If you go there now and jump into a mock draft, you'll see the room same as it was earlier this week. But there are several tools that pop out into separate windows and can be sized and placed the way you want it so that you can track every pick easily. First things to see include:

** Within the Live Chat box, you can now click to just Show Picks and the last 14 picks will show up there. You can also choose just Show Chat and only chat will show there.

** There is also a link under that box called Chat Popout where you can create a new window for chat and even size it to go anywhere you want. I put it over the ad and vertical outside my screen so it doesn't disappear!! That way I have the Chat and the last 14 picks right in front of me.

** The best feature now is right under the Chat box where there is a link for Draft Board and it's a color-coded draft board by position. Again, that pops out and you can size it to fit vertically or horizontally. I sized it to fit under the player list and Chat box and I could see three rounds at once. Within that grid is a Toggle Grid with the color-coded player positions or a List View with a list of the last picks.

Again, while these are popout windows, once you fit them the way you want them on your screen you have everything right there in front of you without flying all around.

The NFFC draft room will also have:
1. A list of owners in the draft room

2. A Call Commish button for help

3. A Load your rankings button in the draft room to override the default rankings. You can save those and load them in every draft you do with us.

4. The sides won't have the black ads look, they will be white.

The boxes at the top haven't been changed, but in the upper left it does state Round 16, Pick 1 (192 overall). Then those boxes just show you the next person up and highlights where your team is during the next 14 picks.

Again, do a couple of mocks to see if the draft grid helps here. I think the colored roster grid is very nice; now just fit it on your screen beforehand. Do a mock draft and watch that fill up with green, blue, pink, brown and other colored players.

A lot of the Flash components couldn't just be swapped out in a day, so it had to stay for now. This was all done to get it prepped and ready for Sunday's drafts and we'll take input from you all along. Thanks and give it a test ride.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:53 am

Greg the grid view is fantastic but I don't seemt o be able to re-siuze it and it's massive on my screen.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Originally posted by mattjb:
Greg the grid view is fantastic but I don't seemt o be able to re-siuze it and it's massive on my screen. Can't you grab the lower bottom right corner of that screen and pull to as skinny or as vertical as you want? That's all I do. I make it long and narrow by grabbing one corner and then it fits perfectly under the Live Chat and player list, allowing me to see 3-4 rounds at a time.

If that grid was part of the entire draft room in that area it would be amazing. It's a great grid and I'm hopeful that everyone tests the site out enough to know how to call that up and use it properly. It's like seeing a draft board at one of the live events with color coded stickers for each owner.

If you continue to struggle, email me at [email protected] and I'll call you tomorrow and we'll see if we can do it together somehow. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Marauders

Post by Marauders » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:02 pm

I also am having a problem sizing the windows (both the chat popout and draft board) both are nice features, especially the color coated position feature within the draft board.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:17 pm

greg , i have not checked yet but were you able to make the fonts larger.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:45 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by mattjb:
Greg the grid view is fantastic but I don't seemt o be able to re-siuze it and it's massive on my screen. Can't you grab the lower bottom right corner of that screen and pull to as skinny or as vertical as you want? That's all I do. I make it long and narrow by grabbing one corner and then it fits perfectly under the Live Chat and player list, allowing me to see 3-4 rounds at a time.

If that grid was part of the entire draft room in that area it would be amazing. It's a great grid and I'm hopeful that everyone tests the site out enough to know how to call that up and use it properly. It's like seeing a draft board at one of the live events with color coded stickers for each owner.

If you continue to struggle, email me at [email protected] and I'll call you tomorrow and we'll see if we can do it together somehow. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]Greg, I couldn't resize the draft grid either.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...I can resize it - just go to the corners, get your arrows and drag ...I actually am beginning to like the look of the room and am well accoustmed to it already...it's not bad at all imho...still have to get rid of that damn ad in the upper right hand corner though :mad: ...GK Yeah, I know how to re-size a box. :rolleyes:

It's not working. Maybe there is a limitation in relation to the size of the screen it's on? I'm doing it on my laptop with a 13 or 14" screen.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:34 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
...I can resize it - just go to the corners, get your arrows and drag ...I actually am beginning to like the look of the room and am well accoustmed to it already...it's not bad at all imho...still have to get rid of that damn ad in the upper right hand corner though :mad: ...GK Yeah, I know how to re-size a box. :rolleyes:

It's not working. Maybe there is a limitation in relation to the size of the screen it's on? I'm doing it on my laptop with a 13 or 14" screen.
[/QUOTE]There's no size limitation that I'm aware of Russ. I was using a laptop at times yesterday too and was able to re-size the roster grid/chat windows without any difficulty. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to do the same.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:39 am

I'll ask someone to look into that. If a couple of people are having trouble resizing the box, maybe something isn't right there. We HAVE to look into it because the grid is really nice and even if you have two rounds of it open it's incredibly helpful. I'll have John look into that ASAP.

Glen, open the Chat Box and stick that thing right over the ad!!! Pull it out far enough so you never lose it behind the main screen, but that's what I'm doing. Chat there, picks rolling below it, grid underneath my player list vertically so I can see all 14 rounds.

The tools are all here; it's just that we're making you rearrange things before you get going.