Tuesday Chat

Greg Ambrosius

Tuesday Chat

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:03 pm

Glenn, shoot an e-mail to [email protected] as they will help you out. STATS knows the game site better than Tom or I as we don't really go in there much since we don't have teams. Someone here help Glenn out or otherwise wait for STATS to contact you via e-mail.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Tuesday Chat

Post by Dyv » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:10 pm

Originally posted by the snake:
Greg and Tom - unless I am missing something I STILL can't figure out how to change my team name after I log on to site...there does not appear to be anyplace to go to change my team name - please instruct!! Hey Glenn, click on your team name to get into the page titled "Team Whatever"

Then on the navbar at the top - look to the far right side for a link titled "My Settings"

Click on that link - and then change your team name and select the button called 'Change Name'

Alternatively, log in, and click on this link:

http://game.fantasybaseballchampionship ... m_info.asp

You must click on that link AFTER LOGGING IN.

Good luck

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Greg Ambrosius

Tuesday Chat

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:22 pm

Okay, back to the floor layout. Here's how it's going to work:

1) We'll have a U-shaped draft area (square U mind you) with spots for five teams down the left side, four down the bottom and five up the right side. There will be 10 chairs down the left (1 for manager and 1 for co-manager of each team), eight chairs down the bottom and 10 up the right side. A five-foot draft board will be at the front of the U for all to see with color-coded stickers for each player by position.

2) There will be one draft facilitator putting the stickers on the draft board and one draft facilitator with the stop watch in hand basically walking up to each person on the clock and asking for their next pick and then calling it out. That facilitator will also say when there is 15 seconds left, when there is 10 seconds left, and then 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. That's how it will go.

3) We don't have our mock draft setup in the building anymore, but I believe we have eight-foot tables and each team had five feet of space (so 2.5 feet wide per partner). It's cozy and not every team brings a partner, but that entire space is for that team, not for everyone else to spread out.

4) We go counter clockwise, so the No. 1 pick starts at the top left and we work our way down and then to the right and then of course back up again in reverse order.

As Dyv said, it's a sight to see with New York and Las Vegas having 6-7 full leagues filling up 8,000 square feet of space. There's space inbetween the leagues, but you'll still hear the picks being made from draft to draft. I believe we will have two across in all of the cities, next to each other, and as deep as we need to go.

Wear your favorite NFL team colors if you'd like and respect everyone around you. Some guys will be on cell phones, but if you do be courteous of the guys next to you. Nothing spoils a draft like two bozos next to you disrupting every thought you make.

Bring laptops, but bring strong batteries. There's no electrical outlets available. Gotta run, the phone is ringing.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Tom Kessenich

Tuesday Chat

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:34 pm

Originally posted by the snake:
Greg and Tom - what do you make, if anything, on the latest news on F. Taylor (being held out the final 2 preseason games due to a foot injury which the team claims is simply precautionary)?..thanks Glenn, Taylor had done a great job of shedding his "Fragile Fred" tag the last two seasons. But I think anytime the guy chips a nail fantasy owners are going to hold their collective breath because of all the things that transpired with him prior to that point in time.

For now, I wouldn't worry about this current injury since, according to the team, rest will take care of things. However, it will be interesting to see what kind of workload Taylor gets early in the season. The Jags have talked quite a bit about giving him 25+ carries as often as possible and so I'll be interested to see whether they stick with that plan or whether this foot problem causes them to back off that plan - even slightly.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Walla Walla

Tuesday Chat

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:52 pm

About draft spots for auction and draft masters being picked tomorrow.
They should wait until the main event is picked.
The players in the main league are laying down the big bucks they should learn first. Just my thoughts. As far as Gordon's league being picked it doesn't apply. Not really part of this contest.

Ditka

Tuesday Chat

Post by Ditka » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:57 pm

Let's Rock. It's looking like 400 for the NFFC.You cheeseheads are cranking!

Greg Ambrosius

Tuesday Chat

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:02 am

Thanks for the compliments, Iron Mike. But I want you to know that as a lifelong Packers' fan, I still don't forgive you for running up that 63-7 score against ol' Bart in 1983 or whenever the hell it was!!!! :mad: Damn, you were tough on us as a coach. I think Brett says "here's one for you Bart" everytime he finds a way to spank the Bears!!!

Packers-Bears at Lambeau Field on Sunday, Sept. 18th. I will be entertaining the folks from STATS (Chicago Bears fans of course) in the company suite that day. Stop by the parking lot for the tailgate, which (it goes without saying) starts at 8:30 a.m. for the noon game!!! :D