NFFC Draft Site

BillyWaz

NFFC Draft Site

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:34 pm

I just finished an online draft, and I must say that the website was very user friendly.

The best feature IMO is the draft grid, as it is EXCEPTIONAL for tracking the draft. In fact, I simply kept that up the entire draft and when it was my turn to pick I went back to the draft room and picked my player.

This is a BIG upgrade, and the draft went off without a single flaw (human errors not included).

Nice upgrades! :D

BONGIZMO

NFFC Draft Site

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Much improved although I still think they should get rid of the ads. Draft grid is a nice touch and can even be printed when done!

Draft freely now as it won't be what costs you a title... ;)
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

kjduke

NFFC Draft Site

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Absolutely agree with you Waz.

The big color draft board puts other draft rooms to shame! :D :D :D

There's still room for improvement in some of the layout details, but the draft is easy to track, the queue was 100% error free for me and it was smooth sailing all night!

Sandman62

NFFC Draft Site

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:33 pm

The draft software ran very smoothly w/ none of the glitches I had witnessed last week in GAMERS 1. What a wonderful experience! My only request would be to be able to resize the queue frame (or just make it longer so we can see 10-15 players?). You can move our roster up to the soon-to-be-vacant ad space and we'll be all set. :D

I agree w/ Billy that the colored grid is essential, very nice guys. Speaking of the grid Greg, I'd asked about maybe getting access to this from our My Teams page of drafts we've already done and you said you'd check on it. In the meantime, I discovered something neat tonight... I right-clicked on the grid after the draft, and selected Convert to Adobe PDF! So much easier to go back and look at drafts through this interface.

Great job on this software guys! You've really created a slick interface.

P.S.
I don't know about anyone else, but I never use the Draft Summary tab. Anyone? The grid is all I need. :cool:

moyer1313

NFFC Draft Site

Post by moyer1313 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Absolutely night and day!

Last week took 4 hours and 50 minutes. :(

This week took 3 hours and 15 minutes!

Thank you, for all the changes and enhancements!

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

moyer1313

NFFC Draft Site

Post by moyer1313 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
The draft software ran very smoothly w/ none of the glitches I had witnessed last week in GAMERS 1. What a wonderful experience! My only request would be to be able to resize the queue frame (or just make it longer so we can see 10-15 players?). You can move our roster up to the soon-to-be-vacant ad space and we'll be all set. :D

I agree w/ Billy that the colored grid is essential, very nice guys. Speaking of the grid Greg, I'd asked about maybe getting access to this from our My Teams page of drafts we've already done and you said you'd check on it. In the meantime, I discovered something neat tonight... I right-clicked on the grid after the draft, and selected Convert to Adobe PDF! So much easier to go back and look at drafts through this interface.

Great job on this software guys! You've really created a slick interface.

P.S.
I don't know about anyone else, but I never use the Draft Summary tab. Anyone? The grid is all I need. :cool: I am the exact opposite.

I use the Draft Summary all the time and never see the Grid.

To size everything to fit on one screen, I have to either flip/flop with the Player List and Draft Summary or use the Pop-Out for the Draft Summary.

I didn't try to have 2 Pop-Outs, so I don't know if it is possible. I'll have to try having a 2nd Pop-Out the next time.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

kjduke

NFFC Draft Site

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Well Greg, thanks to the quick turnaround with the draft software I just signed up for a fresh online championship 3-pak.

;)

da bears

NFFC Draft Site

Post by da bears » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:52 pm

I did the the Gamers 2 draft last night and I must say nice job with the improvements in the draft software compared to my experience last week in the Gamers 1 draft. The addition of the colorized draft grid is fanatastic. :cool: The draft went very smoothly and we did 26 rounds in a little over 3 hours.

I recommend to anyone considering an online league with the NFFC this season to go ahead and sign up right now. This draft software is easily the best software in the high stakes football arena. :cool: :cool: You won't be disappointed.

[ August 13, 2010, 04:18 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Draft Site

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:12 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Absolutely agree with you Waz.

The big color draft board puts other draft rooms to shame! :D :D :D

There's still room for improvement in some of the layout details, but the draft is easy to track, the queue was 100% error free for me and it was smooth sailing all night! I will agree everyone, that was a lot of fun last night. I sure screwed up my team once I put that damn Vikings QB on my team, but I am the only one to blame there!! :D

We had a BLAST together and it was a fun experience. And the draft grid sure looked pretty during that Gold Rush of Defenses and that purple rush of Kickers!! :D Wow. I got steamrolled there.

And not only did KJ Duke enjoy the experience, he backed it up by purchasing an NFFC Online Championship 3-Pack last night!! Now that's putting your money where your mouth is. Thanks.

Okay, we have last week's bad experience behind us and it's time to finish these last two weeks strong. The draft board is outstanding online, the tools are there to import your rankings, search easily for players, use the Draft Summary and even smack talk in Chat, which we did all night long. The font size couldn't have been too small because nobody stopped typing for 3+ hours. It was a hoot.

We're going to fill up the Online Championship, that looks to be a given. Now if you want to draft online in either main event or DC, jump in the waters. It's MIGHTY SAFE as these folks will tell ya.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Draft Site

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:17 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I don't know about anyone else, but I never use the Draft Summary tab. Anyone? The grid is all I need. :cool: Thanks Mike and I'll check on the Draft Board being available after the drafts or on your MY TEAMS page. And let me know what KOQ finds out about hotels in the NY area. I'm still checking too.

This is an interesting last statement and I was going to ask the same question today. I too didn't use the Draft Summary at all last night as the draft board told me everything I needed to know. But I love the tools in the Draft Summary, such as counting number of players picked at each position. But I didn't click off my Player List once. I was wondering if anyone else did the same thing. I was on Chat, Draft Board and Player List all night...and in that order too!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius