Scoring Question?

Max Factor

Scoring Question?

Post by Max Factor » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Any scores made by special teams and defenses go toward the DST. The individual player like Desean Jackson or Reggie Bush do not get credit for anything (which is what the rules state), so why are they subject to a deduction if they fumble while on special teams. Does this make sense to anyone? If anyone gets a deduction it should be the DST not the individual.

[ September 15, 2009, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Max Factor ]
Jeff Potok

KOTRAX

Scoring Question?

Post by KOTRAX » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:12 pm

NOPE THEY WILL NOT LOSE POINTS ON A FUMBLE JUST LIKE THEY WONT GAIN ANY FOR THE RETURN.

Max Factor

Scoring Question?

Post by Max Factor » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:15 pm

I thought Bush fumbled on a punt return and a deduction was made. Did he fumble a different time that I did not see?
Jeff Potok

Max Factor

Scoring Question?

Post by Max Factor » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 am

Does anyone know the answer to this question?
Jeff Potok

Max Factor

Scoring Question?

Post by Max Factor » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:38 pm

bump
Jeff Potok

Greg Ambrosius

Scoring Question?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:05 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
I thought Bush fumbled on a punt return and a deduction was made. Did he fumble a different time that I did not see? If the deduction was made, we'll correct it. Individual players do not lose points for fumbles on special teams. I'll check with STATS on this scoring and if there was an error it will be corrected.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Scoring Question?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:33 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
Any scores made by special teams and defenses go toward the DST. The individual player like Desean Jackson or Reggie Bush do not get credit for anything (which is what the rules state), so why are they subject to a deduction if they fumble while on special teams. Does this make sense to anyone? If anyone gets a deduction it should be the DST not the individual. Just a clarification from STATS this morning: The lost point did show up on live scoring because it's coming straight from the game feed, but it did not show up at all in the NFFC scoring totals after Sunday's games. So all scores are correct from Week 1. Hope this helps.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

philpo

Scoring Question?

Post by philpo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:31 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Max Factor:
Any scores made by special teams and defenses go toward the DST. The individual player like Desean Jackson or Reggie Bush do not get credit for anything (which is what the rules state), so why are they subject to a deduction if they fumble while on special teams. Does this make sense to anyone? If anyone gets a deduction it should be the DST not the individual. Just a clarification from STATS this morning: The lost point did show up on live scoring because it's coming straight from the game feed, but it did not show up at all in the NFFC scoring totals after Sunday's games. So all scores are correct from Week 1. Hope this helps. [/QUOTE]Greg I think Greg Jennings point total is wrong by 1.2 points he caught a 2 point conversion but was not credited with the catch plus the 2 yards he was credited with the 2 points

[ September 16, 2009, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: philpo ]

Greg Ambrosius

Scoring Question?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:38 am

Originally posted by philpo:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Max Factor:
Any scores made by special teams and defenses go toward the DST. The individual player like Desean Jackson or Reggie Bush do not get credit for anything (which is what the rules state), so why are they subject to a deduction if they fumble while on special teams. Does this make sense to anyone? If anyone gets a deduction it should be the DST not the individual. Just a clarification from STATS this morning: The lost point did show up on live scoring because it's coming straight from the game feed, but it did not show up at all in the NFFC scoring totals after Sunday's games. So all scores are correct from Week 1. Hope this helps. [/QUOTE]Greg I think Greg Jennings point total is wrong by 1.2 points he caught a 2 point conversion but was not credited with the catch plus the 2 yards he was credited with the 2 points
[/QUOTE]I was there. I saw it happen!!! :D I'm on it. I'll forward to STATS and make sure we have this correct.

By the way, why did the NFL have to take five minutes to review that play?? It was clearly a catch and if the booth felt it needed to be reviewed why can't the NFL just have the booth guy review it. Why must the field judge go to the hidden TV and spend five minutes reviewing this play. The NFL seriously needs to put an official upstairs to quickly review these plays once and for all. It just kills the flow of these games.

Just my two cents. ;)