NFFC Plans for 2010?

King of Queens

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Any timetable for the 2010 NFFC events schedule? Saw this posted on the FFOC boards, so obviously things are in the works:

Brian M. of Fanball: Double Coverage will be very similar to their new Double Play format in NFBC. It is a live draft in 1 of up to 6 locations of your choice. You compete for $25,000 in the Live Draft portion of the event and you also compete in the on-line version (thus the name double coverage). Baseball was $60,000 for the online portion. I am not sure what the football prize money will look like but it should be similar."

From another post, it appears that there will be a $525 entry fee for the Double Coverage.

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:59 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Any timetable for the 2010 NFFC events schedule? Saw this posted on the FFOC boards, so obviously things are in the works:

Brian M. of Fanball: Double Coverage will be very similar to their new Double Play format in NFBC. It is a live draft in 1 of up to 6 locations of your choice. You compete for $25,000 in the Live Draft portion of the event and you also compete in the on-line version (thus the name double coverage). Baseball was $60,000 for the online portion. I am not sure what the football prize money will look like but it should be similar."

From another post, it appears that there will be a $525 entry fee for the Double Coverage. You don't miss anything King of Queens, do you? :D

We do have our plans in place and I'm sure Brian was just answering this question, but give us a week to unveil everything. I think I've released some of this info already, so it's not much of a surprise.

We will be duplicating some of our ideas from baseball. As I stated previously, we will be offering an NFFC Auction Championship with a guaranteed $10,000 grand prize, an NFFC Draft Champions Championship with a guranteed $10,000 grand prize and a Double Play version, involving the 12-team format. The original plan called for a $500 price tag, but since we did our P&L with Brian we may have a slight revision. Stay tuned on that because I want to get that grand prize meaningful and I'm still discussing that through.

We have special plans for the Ultimate and Super and even some plans for the next weekend. But let me fly to St. Louis next week for some meetings, finalize everything and then get the NFFC web site live before announcing everything. We have an idea of some of the host cities, but we need to finalize that too. Not much is changing from previous years, although, a lot is changing!! :D Does that make sense?

Everyone jump into the NFFC Post-Season contest and stay on the boards for the next five weeks and I promise to reveal all details before the Super Bowl. Then we can give away more prize money, start the Trendsetters League and keep the football talk going through the off-season. Sound good?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 am

Pssssst.....Greg, Tom,

Your two main competitors are already taking signups.....
I know you guys are real busy with baseball, but I was just curious if you're planning your football announcements soon.

Glenn

Shrink Attack

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:04 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Pssssst.....Greg, Tom,

I know you guys are real busy with baseball, but I was just curious if you're planning your football announcements soon.

Glenn BUMP
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:55 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Pssssst.....Greg, Tom,

Glenn Yes, we're working on the new website now and will announce plans soon. In years past we also took signups immediately after the previous season, but we need to create the new website and get every event in order first. We are debuting our NFFC Auction Championship and NFFC Draft Champions Championship and will have a nice surprise about an NFFC Diamond League, Ultimate League, Super League and more. Good details to come.

We know what everyone else is doing and when. We'll have our dates, locations and other info coming soon. Sorry for the delay, but we are talking with some unique sites right now and hope to have an NFBC-style announcement of these locations soon. Just announcing the city isn't as much fun. ;)

You know the wait was worth it in baseball. The same will be true with football. And like we did with baseball, we'll catch up on the signups quickly. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

eliasond

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by eliasond » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Greg, can you at least confirm the Vegas weekend date of Sep 3-5 and the fact that it's at the Flamingo again like last year? Even if you can't confirm the exact details of all the contests, that's fine, but Allegiant has a great deal going right now on an airfare/hotel pacakage for the next couple weeks, so Bill and I would like to make our flight reservations - thanks! Daren.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

Roger

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Roger » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:13 am

I don't think that it is going to be the Flamingo again. They just pulled all of this year's baseball events out of the Flamingo and into the Bellagio.

Shrink Attack

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:20 am

I thought some announcements were coming soon about exciting changes for 2010...
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Coltsfan

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:59 pm

It is odd that the nffc has been very quiet about 2010. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. The discussions here have been almost non-existent.

Wayne