Top 10 avg. - 9.4
Top 15 avg. - 8.4
Top 20 avg. - 7.5
Top 25 avg. - 7.36
Top 30 avg. - 7.53

1-10 avg. - 9.4
11-20 avg. - 5.6
21-30 avg. - 7.6

In The Top 10, only 3 picks are lower than 7.
In The Top 10, there are FIVE picks 12/13/14.

In The Top 2, there is only one pick, #13. That's for Gecko. LOL.

Top Team, TEAM NEW, LV5, has almost a 1/2 week lead on #2. (70.95 pts)
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Week 6 Top 30

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:04 am

how many of the top 30 have culpepper? thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Week 6 Top 30

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:07 am

Thanks John. Good stuff and it's great to see the diversity from so many different draft positions. I'm going to analyze the head-to-head leaders in a different thread, but I love this analysis. I wish I knew how to get the average scoring total from each draft position using all 16 NFFC leagues, but I'm not a whiz at Excel like you are.

By the way, are you joining me in Arizona next week for Ron's Arizona Fall League Symposium? We missed you last year, but we'd love to have you back this year. Think about it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Week 6 Top 30

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:17 am

Originally posted by UFS:
In The Top 2, there is only one pick, #13. That's for Gecko. LOL. ya, ya...still doesn't change my premise. give an "intelligent" owner a top pick and they will do well. i will have a lot more "ammo" after the season is over. giving owners some input in draft slot selection can only be viewed as a MAJOR positive. collusion has been eliminated from the process i'm advocating.

ultimatefs

Week 6 Top 30

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:17 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
how many of the top 30 have culpepper? thanks. Only teams ranked 1,5,8 have him in Top 10. Didn't look at the rest.

ultimatefs

Week 6 Top 30

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:24 am

quote:Originally posted by UFS:
In The Top 2, there is only one pick, #13. That's for Gecko. LOL. ya, ya...still doesn't change my premise. give an "intelligent" owner a top pick and they will do well. i will have a lot more "ammo" after the season is over. giving owners some input in draft slot selection can only be viewed as a MAJOR positive. collusion has been eliminated from the process i'm advocating. [/QUOTE]This contest is proving that if you give an intelligent owner ANY pick, they will do well. That's been my point the whole time. The consistently best owners over a period of years will win from any position.

Your draft slot stuff is fun, adds some strategy, but gives a false signal IMO. There are just too many more variables in FF that come into play during the year. Injuires and FA picks have much greater impact on the outcome. Ask anyone that's picked up Moore and Droughns the last 2 weeks.

Gordon Gekko

Week 6 Top 30

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:02 am

This contest is proving that if you give an intelligent owner ANY pick, they will do well. That's been my point the whole time. The consistently best owners over a period of years will win from any position.

Your draft slot stuff is fun, adds some strategy, but gives a false signal IMO. There are just too many more variables in FF that come into play during the year. Injuires and FA picks have much greater impact on the outcome. Ask anyone that's picked up Moore and Droughns the last 2 weeks. it doesn't give a false signal. it can't compensate for poor picks or injuries. it's a way of getting owners involved in the draft slot process and helping REMOVE LUCK.

here goes, give me your best reason why blind bidding shouldn't be implemented....other than not changing because this is the way it's always been done.

kjduke

Week 6 Top 30

Post by kjduke » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:27 am

This contest is proving that if you give an intelligent owner ANY pick, they will do well. That's been my point the whole time. The consistently best owners over a period of years will win from any position.

Your draft slot stuff is fun, adds some strategy, but gives a false signal IMO. There are just too many more variables in FF that come into play during the year. Injuires and FA picks have much greater impact on the outcome. Ask anyone that's picked up Moore and Droughns the last 2 weeks. Couldn't disagree more. Any slot can win? Yes. What does that prove? How about "random assignment creates random results".

Am I interested in particiapting in a game of randomness? No thanks, I'll play the lottery.

This is supposed to be a game of skill, and targeting slot position to get the players I want is a skill. Much more so than relying on luck of the draw to see which "best available player" falls to me.

Greg, hope you're still listening ... more skill, less luck - better game.

[ October 19, 2004, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Greg Ambrosius

Week 6 Top 30

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:35 am

Oh, I'm always listening, Kevin. That doesn't mean I agree with everything you guys say, but I listen. I just don't always agree.

I feel these numbers bear out one simple but important fact: You can win your league title from any spot in the 14-team draft order. All this talk about how teams couldn't win drafting 13th or 14th should be put to bed by now. Many teams at the bottom of the turn are doing very well and teams that picked up Reuben Droughns recently are also doing quite well. There's more to winning this thing than getting the "ideal" draft spot.

I have thoughts on all of this talk about bidding for draft spots, but right now I would say that I'm pleased with the way the NFFC is going right now and how competitive every league seems to be. The "unconventional" wisdom of some owners who took a QB in the first round or a WR in the second round are probably faring better than their competitors thought on Draft Day.

I hope John keeps posting these Top 30 numbers each week and I hope someone can post the average scoring totals from each draft spot soon. That type of analysis will be more important than stumping for one system over another in 2005.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

dgamblnman

Week 6 Top 30

Post by dgamblnman » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:24 am

quote:Originally posted by UFS:

Your draft slot stuff is fun, adds some strategy, but gives a false signal IMO. There are just too many more variables in FF that come into play during the year. Injuires and FA picks have much greater impact on the outcome. Ask anyone that's picked up Moore and Droughns the last 2 weeks. it doesn't give a false signal. it can't compensate for poor picks or injuries. it's a way of getting owners involved in the draft slot process and helping REMOVE LUCK.

here goes, give me your best reason why blind bidding shouldn't be implemented....other than not changing because this is the way it's always been done.
[/QUOTE]Are suggesting that picking your own slot will eliminate poor drafating and injuries????????????