LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

mikeybok

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:41 pm

3RR, KSD, PPR, ½ PPR RB’s are all great rules that add balance and more control to this game. Their is one more area of this game that needs to be fixed.

We (NFFC) need to fix the FA system from blind bidding to eBay style bidding.

I am sick of guessing what others are going to bid. Like you guys know what your doing anyway

The way to assure that the person who is willing to spend the most for a free agent gets the FA … is eBay style bidding. The reason eBay uses auction style is because it brings in the most money. If blind bidding did … eBay would use blind bidding instead ... Trust me ... they are not leaving money on the table.

Bids would go up … and we would no longer play the game of what will others bid for this guy.

It's a Dumb game.

Instead … it will be … what is the max dollars this FA worth to me (without automatically giving that amount of money if no one else wants him … you would get the player for ONE more dollar than the second highest bid). If we were holding this in person … there is NO way we would be putting numbers in a jar and having the biggest bid win the player … we would have an auction and the guy willing to pay one more buck than the last would get the player (like the NFFC auction draft).

Why ... because it is the BEST WAY.

This would truly make FA’s like an auction … not a guessing game. It makes no sense why we don't auction players off in FA ... like in an auction draft or eBay.

Anyone disagree?
Hakuna Matata!

BLACKHAND

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:52 pm

you make some valid points but on the other hand smart players can lock up a player . if you figure he will go for 200 aprox. then why not bid 999 and lock him up for 200+ . if its not broken dont fix it.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

kapefear

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by kapefear » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:52 pm

????????????? SOUNDS INTERESTING..........

pizzatyme

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:54 pm

I like it but I'm sure some will argue that they get to feel really smart when you overbid for a player.

For instance, in one of my leagues tonight, a WR went for over $600 and the final bid was more than double the next highest bidder.

Be prepared for the "it's part of the strategy" argument that is sure to follow.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

DOOMSDAY

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by DOOMSDAY » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:54 pm

F#$! that, grow a sac and bid accordingly

BLACKHAND

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
F#$! that, grow a sac and bid accordingly BIG D...like ur style. that was my thoughts , but your words sound better.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

pizzatyme

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Yes, if that sounds good, I think the NFFC should offer a sat next year that is FAAB auction style for the draft.

Nominate a player, everyone who is interested enters a Blind Bid and they are all revealed at once. High bid wins.

So on and so on until all rosters are filled.

Thoughts?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

mikeybok

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:06 pm

F#$! that, grow a sac and bid accordingly Nice ... are you like 15 years old? Do you always talk to people like this who can't see you?

Very manly to trash someone who you are hidden from ... wow ... that sure takes a sac. I guess when you don't have ideas ... that's what you do?
Hakuna Matata!

Gordon Gekko

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:07 pm

grow a sac oh man. that one never gets old :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

DOOMSDAY

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by DOOMSDAY » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:07 pm

Thanks BLACK.

I could see how it may be percieved as a little harsh, but I see no good from that change.

I actually like this contest just the way it is,
and I think the FAAB process is a part of what makes this so much fun.