DM Update for Chicago and NY

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:07 am

Greg,

Just curious if it looks like there will be full leagues or might it be a split one using the phone based on numbers in thus far?

Thx in advance
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:42 am

Scott,

It looks like we'll have to combine Chicago and New York as I believe we are at 11 teams right now between the two cities. I know we have one more signup coming in Chicago for sure and maybe two. The only concern is making sure all of the Chicago entrants can come a little early since we have a one hour time difference. The draft would start at 1 p.m. EST and we'd have to have the Chicago guys there at noon. I haven't contacted anyone yet because I'm waiting to see what the late signups bring, but reality is starting to set in.

Since there isn't head-to-head competition in the Draft Masters League, we basically could even go with 13 teams or 12 if need be. But I feel confident that this final weekend will bring a few final signups.

If any of the Chicago Draft Masters League members are seeing this, let me know if a noon start works for you. The phone draft will go smoothly as each city will have its own set of draft facilitators and huge draft boards. You'll even be seated in your draft spot in the big U-shaped draft area, so I see absolutely no problem with this at all.

The Chicago guys who would need to approve this are: Scott Stauffer, Donald Thompson, James Tracy, Dean Newsom, Thomas Greenwald and Mike Ferre. If that setup sounds okay, say so here and we'll recruit three more in those two cities and fill this up. Sound like a plan?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:13 am

I will be there and can start at any time Greg so no problem with a change in time here.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:19 am

Chicago guys, it's an hour versus not getting to play so I hope you can make it. Keep in mind that the New York guys are dead money, so your pot odds will be great.

Don

Post by Don » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:36 am

The noon starting time is no problem for me!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:58 am

And for those that don't know it - drafting in a phone league means you have a full table in your city and only half present, so you have tons of space. I would take a phone league any time for that reason alone!

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:11 am

I like the cooperation. Now let's find three more guys to play among two of the largest cities in the country!!!! We can do that, can't we? After that, the computer finds out who was the best drafter. Awesome.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius