Fanball in Chicago= AWESOME!!!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:16 pm

I went back to Chicago to draft this year for the first time since 2006. My main reason was that I wanted to meet up with some of my buddies I hadn't seen in a while and met many people I knew from the boards, and others who I hadn't met. My Classic league and auction were EXTREMELY competitive, but it was still GREAT fun!

What made the weekend great (from strictly the drafting point of view) was the staff from Fanball. Everyone working there went out of there way to be personable, and they paid attention to EVERY minute detail.

They were doing live interviews with players in the NFFC, filmed portions of drafts, and again, just made everyone feel very "at home" IMO.

I'm hoping Ryan will read this and commend his Chicago staff for an OUTSTANDING job this past weekend!!

Thanks so much everyone, as you made a GREAT event so much better!

BillyWaz (AKA.. the guy in the Lawrence Phillips jersey! ;) )

[ September 06, 2009, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:19 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
BillyWaz (AKA.. the guy in the Lawrence Phillips jersey! ;) ) You still have that jersey? Keep the tradition going!

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Billy,

I completely agree! This was far and away the most friendly group of people and they made everyone feel welcome and right at home.

Wayne

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
BillyWaz (AKA.. the guy in the Lawrence Phillips jersey! ;) ) You still have that jersey? Keep the tradition going! [/QUOTE]The Chicago police tried to arrest him on an old, outstanding Phillips warrant. I thought I heard them say nobody would ever wear that jersey unless it was Phillips himself. :D

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:34 pm

I agree that the Fanball folks were top notch and very accomodative in Chicago. Well done all!
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:03 pm

If Billy Waz wins anything it's because he drafted off my lists all day. If he fails miserably I'm glad I covered them up ;)

Good to meet you, Mr. Waz and good luck this season, sir!
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:32 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
If Billy Waz wins anything it's because he drafted off my lists all day. If he fails miserably I'm glad I covered them up ;)

Good to meet you, Mr. Waz and good luck this season, sir! You sniping Kevin Smith in front of me in the 3rd STILL stings, and I was really hoping you took Portis. Then again, I know you are too smart to do that. ;)

Great meeting you as well, and good luck in all your leagues this year! :D

RyanHouston

Post by RyanHouston » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:05 am

I'll make sure to let everyone know about this thread.

I know Mike, Seth, Jeff, Danny, Kyle, Corey and Matt worked really hard to pull this off.

Thanks again for taking time out and letting me know. I'm sure they will be thrilled by the kind words!
Ryan Houston
Fanball.com
Senior VP Marketing & Business Development
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanhouston

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:08 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
BillyWaz (AKA.. the guy in the Lawrence Phillips jersey! ;) ) You still have that jersey? Keep the tradition going! [/QUOTE]The Chicago police tried to arrest him on an old, outstanding Phillips warrant. I thought I heard them say nobody would ever wear that jersey unless it was Phillips himself. :D
[/QUOTE]Jack,

It was OK, as I told them I knew you, and they immediately took the cuffs off and let me go free. ;) I guess they knew they would be in trouble if I hired you as my attorney! :eek:

Great meeting you this past weekend, and best of luck to you this coming weekend! :D

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:18 am

Originally posted by Ryan E. Houston:
I'll make sure to let everyone know about this thread.

I know Mike, Seth, Jeff, Danny, Kyle, Corey and Matt worked really hard to pull this off.

Thanks again for taking time out and letting me know. I'm sure they will be thrilled by the kind words! They did an EXCELLENT job all weekend, kudos to the staff for the entire event. I do have to say however, that our Primetime league was completely OUT OF CONTROL due to a couple beligerent owners of a team. The staff was overheard asking them several times to quiet down, but it never worked. Several in my draft asked for something to be done, but the three of them just kept it up, the entire draft. You couldn't hear the picks being made and while you were on the clock, they yammered loudly the whole time. The guy sitting beside me brought his friend in as a co-manager this year and told him before the draft how quiet and professional these leagues are. He was shocked and said he would be calling Greg and that he would not be back unless this was addressed. I'm a DIE HARD and sure, no big deal right? Guys, I felt the same way. It was BAD.

Somewhere in the rules it needs addressed. Anytime somebody did ask them, they responded harshly to them. They tried their best to make it uncomfortable for others. As for me, I tried my best to tune it out, but I know others wanted me to say something, so there it is.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy