So how did everyone do?

King of Queens

So how did everyone do?

Post by King of Queens » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:40 pm

Who thinks they had the best draft today? We were **shocked** to get Edgerrin James, Domanick Davis and Curtis Martin from the #8 spot. Michael Vick, Keyshawn Johnson and Reggie Wayne round out our Top 6. Lots of speculative picks after that, but as long as we get the expected production from our Big Guns, I think we have a pretty solid team.

Anyone else feel they had an awesome first few picks?

JerseyPaul

So how did everyone do?

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:57 pm

I'm a stud RB guy...

So of course I took Harrison/Holt/Moulds to start my draft. NO decent RB was there at 3.12, not even Dunn or Suggs or anybody other than Wheatley who I waited until the 4th to draft.

But it didn't come out too bad. According to FBG's projections, my starters will give me 2080 points or about 130 points a week based on 16 weeks. Bye week fill-ins will lower that some.

What are some other totals based on published projections?

BLACKHAND

So how did everyone do?

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:17 pm

HOW DO YOU GET THE PROJECTIONS ? ALSO HOW DO YOU PUT YOUR ROSTER IN ? THANKS IN ADVANCE.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

JerseyPaul

So how did everyone do?

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:37 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
HOW DO YOU GET THE PROJECTIONS ? ALSO HOW DO YOU PUT YOUR ROSTER IN ? THANKS IN ADVANCE. My understanding is that rosters will be entered into Stats on Tuesday based on emails from the volunteers making Excel spreadsheets.

We'll have to make sure our Thursday starters are correct before gametime.

Projections can be found at www.blackeyedjoe.com

BLACKHAND

So how did everyone do?

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:46 pm

THANKS FOR THE STAT INFO.....ABOUT THE PROJECTIONS , MY BROTHER FREDO HAS AN EXTRA SEAT IN HIS BOAT FOR YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS.

THANKS
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

renman

So how did everyone do?

Post by renman » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:13 pm

though i was not happy about drawing the 1st pick in the draft.. i was happy with my results. my plan/strategy was thrown off when peyton manning fell to me to begin the 3rd round.. i had planned on any number of QB's later in the draft.. this lead to my RB's not being very deep.. but all in all i was happy with my results and enjoyed the draft...

now can phil rivers take over in SD and spread that field for my boy LT?

Nag'

So how did everyone do?

Post by Nag' » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:21 pm

I was a little surprised to see how fast the running backs flew off the board, considering the .5 pt/rec for RBs vs. 1 for WRs. As opposed to other leagues like the WCOFF, I think here many owners underestimated the importance of having stud WRs. I predict that those teams who drafted 3 RBs with their first 3-4 picks will find themselves desperately searching for quality production from their reciever slots, and will only have a successfull season if they can hit a homerun with one or two of their sleepers. On the other hand, some owners went the Stud WR route and are lacking even one solid RB, which spells certain death. Although I'm not super thrilled about my own team, I feel I've achieved the balance needed to make the run at the playoffs. My first 6 picks from the 12-hole were Holt, Barlow, A.Johnson, Garner, Fitzgerald and McNair. You may choose to debate my particular choice of players, but I think this was a good strategy at building a winning team.
For Players. By Players.

JerseyPaul

So how did everyone do?

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:28 pm

Barlow went at 1.13 in my league, right after I took Harrison.

lichtman

So how did everyone do?

Post by lichtman » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:40 pm

JP -- Blackeyedjoe tells me 2132. And I'm sure those forecasts are perfect. :confused:

Nag -- I agree 100%. Lots of smart football guys in the room, but I wasn't sure that people paid enough attention to the scoring and roster rules. I may have gone a bit too far, drafting RB/WR/WR/WR/WR in the first five (McAllister/C Johnson/H Ward/A Johnson/J Porter), but I think people picking a third "iffy" back in the 3rd round (J. Jones, Q Griffith, K Jones) are not going to be happy with their flex player and 3rd WR if that 3rd RB doesn't pan out.

[ September 04, 2004, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Ico Jones ]
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

Diesel

So how did everyone do?

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:22 pm

<<---Portis, Suggs and Joe Horn to start it off. If Suggs' talent is anywhere close to what he showed late last season, I'm looking strong.

Team Diesel joined all 3 drafts in New York. It was good to put some faces with the names of the messageboard. Lots of personalities. And a lot of serious Fantasy players.

The Friday Auction and The Friday Chicago/New York DraftMasters went really smooth. We had a ball in NY with the free beer and pizza..Speaking of pizza...Hey Chicago, I hope your "famous" deep dish Pizza is better than your draft picks...jk :D :D :cool:
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."