So how did everyone do?

lichtman

So how did everyone do?

Post by lichtman » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:52 am

"When you have 3 good backs, you arent shorthanded on a bye week."

You won't shorthanded at RB on the 2 weeks you have starter byes (altough there are only a handful of reliable 3rd RBs), but you sure are shorthanded at the 3rd WR position every other week, and super shorthanded at the 3rd WR spot and flex spot on those bye weeks. Head to head is important of course, but it doesn't matter where you get your points in a particular week.

Can't deny value of goof backup RB, but not when you have to draft him in 3rd round.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

JerseyPaul

So how did everyone do?

Post by JerseyPaul » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:14 am

Ico,

Looking forward to today's announcement that Sammie Morris will start for Miami and Fiedler (on my DM as QB3) will be the Week 1 QB.

Gordon Gekko

So how did everyone do?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:07 am

Gekko has returned. This afternoon, I'll give a rundown of my teams. You guys can have at it. Quick summary:

DraftMasters League - Just about ever team was prepared. Toughest draft I've ever been involved with.

Auction League - Some of the guys in the DM league were also in this. It was challenging, but some players went for INSANE $$$$!!!!

Main Event - Locked up 3 good RB. Team has a good chance to contend.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

GriffithVT

So how did everyone do?

Post by GriffithVT » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:13 am

Hey all,

Great meeting everyone in New York. Had a blast. Alot of good guys; was very impressed by the football knowledge there.

My team is quite strange; I have at least one top top flight player at most positions, however my RB's are the worst I have ever seen.

QB Culpepper, Palmer, Warner, Freotte (Handcuff to Dante nice here)

RB Garner, Emmitt, Hambrick, A Smith

WR Moss,Galloway, Kev Johnson, Kelly Washington, Terry Glenn, Josh Reed

TE Gonzalez

Def Pats

K David Akers, Shayne Graham

The Moss/Culpepper hancuff makes or breaks me. Gonzales, Pats D and Aker are solid. RB's are horrible...there were simply none left at the 4th pick.

Any thoughts on this rag-tag squad?

Thanks,
Gstar
The Gstar!

Gordon Gekko

So how did everyone do?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:16 am

Originally posted by Gstar:
My team is quite strange; I have at least one top top flight player at most positions, however my RB's are the worst I have ever seen.
Garner should get some good pts, if healthy. The rest of your RB's are pretty bad.

I'm not a fan of any of your WR's after Moss.

Nice job getting Gonzo though.

[ September 06, 2004, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

GriffithVT

So how did everyone do?

Post by GriffithVT » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:22 am

Gekko,

Thanks for the feedback. I am with you on my WR's. I also was surprised that Gonzalez was there at 35.

The backs are the worst Ive seen on any team. Hopefully it won't kill me.
The Gstar!

GriffithVT

So how did everyone do?

Post by GriffithVT » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:35 am

Snake,

Like your team alot.

McNabb will have a good year. Holmes is Holmes. I like your other RB's as I think Jones will finally come through and Foster will get carries. Smith is a stud at WR and Heap is a top 3 TE...

Very good team for picking No. 1 with all the space between picks.
The Gstar!

DIP

So how did everyone do?

Post by DIP » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:39 am

I was in NY League #3, Team 2.

Our #1 choice fell to us at #2 (LT). Count me among those who think Priest's age will come back to haunt him, not to mention 0.5 PPC.

We were fully prepared for what happened to us after that - we expected a run on RB's. We were hoping to draft 1 of the top 6 WR's with our second round pick, and then make a judgement call about what to do in the 3rd round. Well, in EVERY NY league except for ours, at least 1 of the Top 6 WR's fell to our spot at 2.13 - EXCEPT ours. Our back-up plan was to go Chris Brown at 2.13, but the hype on him ended up soaring his status through the roof and we never had a shot (and wouldn't have in any of the NY leagues). So we were faced with our worst-case scenario, and took Mason & D. Jackson rather than reaching for a 3rd or 4th tier RB (Barber, Thomas Jones, Kevin Jones, Lee Suggs).

Jerry Porter was our 4th round pick and we semi-reached for Stephen Jackson in the 5th as our second running back. Because things did not necessarily work out for us in the 2nd/3rd wrap around, it was a risk we had to take.

In a pleasant surprise, Brandon Lloyd fell to us at 6.13, and Moe Williams fell to 7.02. So we have a temporary solution for RB until we can fly out to St. Louis and push Marshall Faulk down a flight of stairs.

We went McGahee-O. Smith in the 8th/9th wrap around, because we were happy with our WR and wanted to roll the dice on another couple of high-upside RB2's.

We ended up with Palmer (11th) and McCown (14th) as our QB's, because of supply & demand we do not view the position as one of major importance, and are higher on those two guys than most. Freddie Jones is our TE, with a defense that bad SOMEBODY has to catch the ball out there this year, and Denny Green has already referred to him as Pro-Bowl guy. Philly D was ours in the 10th round, and we backed up LT in the last round with Michael Turner. We thought we STOLE Kelley Washington as our 5th WR in the 12th round. In case we need a quick fix of GHB, Janikowski is our kicker.

All in all, we're happy with our team. Our bad luck in the 2nd/3rd wrap around made us take some chances in later rounds. We think NAG and our team will be two of the strongest teams come Week 13. We're cautiously optimistic, and rooting for Marshall's degenerate knee to help us out.

To sum up:
QB - Palmer & McCown
RB - Tomlinson, S. Jackson, M. Williams, O. Smith, W. McGahee, M. Moore, M. Turner, Dante Brown (based on Caplan's advice, guess that one's not happening).
WR - Mason, D. Jackson, Porter, Lloyd, K. Washington
TE - F. Jones
K - Janikowski
DEF - Eagles

MidasMike

So how did everyone do?

Post by MidasMike » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:22 am

The excuse for the horrible spelling on my teams behalf = my partner. my team is :McNabb/Boller , Henry/Emmitt/Minor/Pinner/JJackson/L Johnson/Stecker , Moss/ S Smith/Burress/Warrick/Northcutt Gates/Kliensasser , Vinitieri, Carolina. Obviously our Rb are weak, thus we took 7 and are hoping 1 steps up to compliment Henry. I did see onee team where Bettis was their #1 rb so i know we dont have the worst backfield! I think Mcnabb will be a top 4 QB. Our Recievers are our strongpoint, and will carry us. Every team seems to have at least one weakness , due to the size of the league. I would rather have a weakness at RB than reciever due to the 1 pt per reception. My d is solid , as is Kicker and i think Gates will be a top 5 TE!