Grade out my team from satellite last night(Thanks)

chartythechamp

Post by chartythechamp » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:03 am

QB- Tony Romo Alex Smith

RB- Ray Rice Ced Benson Ronnie Brown Ben Tate Kendall Hunter

WR- Miles Austin Roy Williams Devone Bess Sims Walker Steve Smith(Phi) Arelious Benn Greg Little Jordan Shipley

TE- Antonio Gates Vernon Davis

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:16 am

I think you won't recover from the lack of a genuine RB2 all year. I think benson is in for a poor year. I think you need a lot of luck at WR. Two stud TEs will not make up for these weaknesses in my opinion. Looks middle of the pack to me.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:28 am

To me you have a good base with Rice, Austin, Gates, and Davis. Obviously Gates has to stay healthy but he has huge upside if he plays all year.

You have quite a few question mark at WR after Austin and at RB2. But you do have some nice upside picks that could fill those spots nicely. It's probably not a team I would consider loaded but it is one that has enough upside to compete and even win the league if things go your way.

Wayne

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:42 am

In the 14 team leagues you will have a weakness in at least one category. If you take a QB or TE early there is going to be a glaring hole at RB or WR.

Rice is a stud but he alone cannot carry a team in this format unless you have a stronger wr core. You have chosen bup RBs from teams in which you will need an injury to occur for them to see the field very often. There are RBs available in the mid to late rounds who WILL be on the field every week and though they are limited roiles, they will not need an injury to be bye week filler.

Anyone who drafts Benson NEEDS to grab Scott. I have been grabbing Scott in every league I can get him without Benson on those teams.

WRs: Fairly weak after Austin and lots of question marks but I do like Benn and Little and think they will likely end up starting for you.I like them as 3 and 4s in 14 team leagues but you have no #2 wr in a format that has to start 3.

You will obviously be starting a TE as your flex.

A solid core in Romo, Rice, Austin, Gates and VD but I think your holes at RB and WR may be too much to overcome absent some form of fantasy gold on the wire.

Good luck.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:24 am

Thanks for playing...

Roger

Post by Roger » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:27 am

My take. You will get about 24/gm out of Romo, 17 out of Rice, 11 out of Benson (I agree with prior posts - I am not high on him either), 14 out of Austin, 12 out of Bess, 10 out of whoever the WR3 is (still not clear what Roy Williams role is going to be), 14 out of Gates, 13 out of Vernon, and 18 for whatever defense and kicker you have for a total of 133 points per game. This is middle of the pack. Should be well into the 140's for a realistic shot to win the league.

Find one good RB & one good WR in free agency, you can make up the gap and rise to the top. If Benson or Gates go down, you move to the bottom.

Good luck.