Stupid, stupid, stupid

Toscano

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Post by Toscano » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:08 pm

This week in FAAB I only bid on one kicker, lost and as result lost this week by three f'in points without starting a kicker. I should still be in first place at the end of the day but this move could cost me the season.

Lesson: Dont trust that you will get your bye week fill in's and bid on more than one option.

Greg Ambrosius

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Originally posted by Toscano:
This week in FAAB I only bid on one kicker, lost and as result lost this week by three f'in points without starting a kicker. I should still be in first place at the end of the day but this move could cost me the season.

Lesson: Dont trust that you will get your bye week fill in's and bid on more than one option. Our Conditional Bid setup is definitely easy enough to add 10 kickers in 1 minute. Do that every time if you can, even if each is for $1. You weren't alone this weekend as we had a few others do the same thing and ask if there was anything they could do. Nope, not after Friday night.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Toscano

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Post by Toscano » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Thanks Greg. I will do that in the future.

Ted's Cracked Head

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:47 pm

The FA system HERE is by far the best in the HS industry and yes, it only takes seconds to make multiple moves. Other sites make it frustrating to create a long list of alternatives.

I always end up adding every available K and D to my list on those weeks. It's worth the extra time. I usually make those bids on Tuesday so as not to find myself in a time crunch on Friday.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

renman

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Post by renman » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:54 pm

toscano,

If it makes you feel any better I needed a kicker in 3 of my four NFFC leagues... I bid on them in order that I liked them but never spent more than a couple dollars because kickers are unpredictable.

I got Rob Bironas... 1 point.

thegambler

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Post by thegambler » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:49 am

Originally posted by Silver and Black:
The FA system HERE is by far the best in the HS industry and yes, it only takes seconds to make multiple moves. Other sites make it frustrating to create a long list of alternatives.

i agree with this statement totally.....definitely the best FA system here by far. i wish my home league would adopt this system

kentucky

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Post by kentucky » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:18 am

I had my FA's set for the evening. Wasn't planning on doing anything else. I got home Friday night and was scrambling when I heard about SeaBass. I have him in all of my managed leagues. At 7:30 CT, I put in 8-10 kickers in each league just to assure of a kicker for the weekend. Good news, I got a replacement PK for each team. Bad news, It was Rob Bironas and/or Josh Brown.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

SS

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Post by SS » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:22 am

That is a shame, because the Janikowski news came from out of the blue this past Friday. I know I didn't have time to pick up another kicker by the deadline...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Toscano

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Post by Toscano » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:55 pm

And I am up by .4 in another league with no kicker hoping Torrey Smith gets hit by a bus.

mattjb

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Post by mattjb » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Originally posted by SS:
That is a shame, because the Janikowski news came from out of the blue this past Friday. I know I didn't have time to pick up another kicker by the deadline... not meaning to be smart but the news was everywhere on thursday.