LEAGUE SUGGESTION

mikeweber7777

LEAGUE SUGGESTION

Post by mikeweber7777 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:17 pm

to the NFFC creators.. the WCOFF has been very successful the past years however it's going through a rough time .. i think the 14 team leagues really scares alot of people away.. i think simply changing format to 12 teams each league you would double your participation.. i wouldn't leave the WCOFF based on that fact.. if this league ever switched to that format, i think alot would consider.. WCOFF is a better format or at least a lot different.. just curious what people in this league think..

WCOFF

LEAGUE SUGGESTION

Post by WCOFF » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:48 pm

I can live with everything except having the draft on Labor Day weekend. That is a deal killer. I prefer 12 team leagues but would try a 14 teamer. I agree that most fantasy players would prefer a 12 team league.

TradeStar28

LEAGUE SUGGESTION

Post by TradeStar28 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:53 pm

12 team league is an all-star team...especially for the guys who posts on these boards and a nice amount who dont as well.

wcoff season is a measely 11 weeks...if you dont get out of the gate well record and/or point wise, you are done!

NFFC has 13 weeks of action, alot more for your $ and better chance to express your draft/ team management skillz.

WCOFF draft is after a football game, and you can start players who already played....thats just down right weak in my opinion.

Most importantly, NFFC is run by the greatest and most respected duo of guys in the high-stakes fantasy football market. Their names are Greg and Tom , and they are generous with the draft day drink tickets !!!!

And lastly, would u rather spend Saturday of Labor day weekend with your Mother in law........or with the freaks who luv football here!

Case closed!

:D
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Shrink Attack

LEAGUE SUGGESTION

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:37 pm

weber77...Welcome to the NFFC Message Board. We're glad to have you.

A little history first. This issue of 12 Teams vs. 14 Teams has been discussed and debated countless times on these boards. The conclusion is always the same: 14 Team leagues are an essential part of the NFFC identity and that will never change. I understand what you're saying about attracting more business, but it's simply not what this contest represents. The NFFC in no way wants to emulate the WCOFF, for reasons that have become more and more obvious over time.

That being said, you should give the 14 Team format a try. I was uncomfortable with the concept at first, but now I'm a complete convert. I'm confident you'd be as well if you'd give it a chance. So join up and see!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Diesel

LEAGUE SUGGESTION

Post by Diesel » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:13 pm

Weber77,

I suggest, at the very least, next season you try a satellite with the 14 league format. Once you play this format, you'll understand why Greg and Tom have kept the leagues at 14 instead of dropping it to the common 12. Giving one point per reception for WR's and TE's give more value to players other than the "sacred" RB's.

I can't imagine any kind of high stakes contest having the kind of personal touch that Greg and Tom give to this event. Not only do they listen to opinions and critiques, but occasionally, you'll see a thread on the messageboards asking for your opinions on certain aspects of the event.

Also, Greg and Tom have NEVER knocked the WCOFF, or any other high stakes event. They feel that there is room for everyone, and that word of mouth will keep the "machine" running smooth. That is the sign of good company management.

The fact that the NFFC's draft is on Labor Day weekend really doesn't have many negative reactions...What are you going to miss? A Bar-B-Q? :D I'll tell you what...You come to NY for next year's draft(s), and I'll buy you a cheeseburger or hotdogs if you're really set on the Bar-B-Q thing...lol

Without knocking WCOFF, I am totally against a high stakes event that drafts after any game is played.

I've never been on the WCOFF's messageboards, but I can guarantee you that if you are a diehard fantasy football fan, you can talk and/or read opinions on the NFFC messageboards whether it's week 3 of the NFL, or in April when you'd think that noone is thinking of fantasy football.

Welcome to the NFFC boards...

[ November 11, 2006, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Diesel-MoJo Rising ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

D-Day Heroes

LEAGUE SUGGESTION

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:47 pm

I'm not sure if this was planned and/or if it plays out in any other format but I think one of the things that makes this 14 team league format special, is that everyone plays everyone else , one and ONLY one time in the season, THAT RIGHT THERE IS ENOUGH TO CEMENT THIS FORMAT FOR ME. Anyway , I have played this Game for 10 plus years, and I'll say it again. I have been searching all that time for a league like this and I hope Greg and Tom know how much it is APPRECIATED, and that they will do everything possible to maintain and develop the CHARACTER of this league they have established. Sure, change is necessary But, " TRADITION is Vital ". Thank-You..!!!!
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ted's Cracked Head

LEAGUE SUGGESTION

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:01 am

Except for this year because of a scheduling conflict, I am a WCOFF lifer. (I will be back next year as those two weeks next September will have NO CONFLICTS)

Having said that, I LOVE the 14 team format set up by the NFFC. Furthermore, I prefer it now. I think it takes MORE skill to succeed in and is a tad more challenging (though I did have no success in the WCOFF). If you are scared by that, CYA. If you feel as though you have the skillset to succeed in the WCOFF, this challenge is ALSO for you.

Each challenge is different and BOTH are TOP NOTCH. The site is flawless and the management is as good as it gets.

I say do not choose between them, play in them both if you have the means.

Added: If I had to choose between the two, I would have to say goodbye to the WCOFF. I feel that strongly about this format.

[ November 12, 2006, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Ted's Cracked Head ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

WCOFF

LEAGUE SUGGESTION

Post by WCOFF » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:16 am

I have played in WCOFF since Day 1. Next year, I will play in both WCOFF and NFFC. Fortunately, I have the means. I also look forward to the challenge of a 14 team league.

I believe NFFC's growth in the future will be steady but not at the level that WCOFF has experienced or will continue to experience. That may be good or bad depending upon your viewpoint.

At the end of the day, the WCOFF's format of 12 team leagues is more for the average fantasy player that has the means. NFFC's format does require more involvement and expertise. Therefore, I do not see an enormous defection from WCOFF even with the problems WCOFF has had this year.

CC's Desperados

LEAGUE SUGGESTION

Post by CC's Desperados » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:32 am

I think the NFFC is poised for a huge jump in entries next year. I could see it jumping two humdred entries in one year. I played the WCOFF this year and wasn't impressed. I will play it again because I need the money!! I felt as though the few players around me were unaware that there is another high stakes game to play.

renman

LEAGUE SUGGESTION

Post by renman » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:57 am

I am a NFFC lifer who has been with it from day one. I have never played in a WCOFF event and have nothing disparaging to say about it or them. I know it has been popular for years so I am sure the event is doing something right.

However, the 14 team format here with the NFFC to me is part of the essence of the event. It really tests the fantasy footballer on a level that makes this game extra fulfilling. As many have said before me the guys running this thing (Greg and Tom) are really hands on and make the event and dealing with the event a pleasure. They themselves are serious fantasy footballers and I sense that makes them more in touch with what we want from our league.

The NFFC will steadily grow as it has for a couple years now simply from word of mouth from other people happy with the event/product. These will become passionate members who will likely stick with the event making it less difficult to sell it in years to come. I think the NFFC is doing it the right way.

I might play in the WCOFF next year if money were to allow it... but I will not miss an NFFC going forward.

[ November 12, 2006, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: renman ]