Chris Moneymaker is in Chicago!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:48 am

This is cool ... I foolishly assumed Vegas!

Chris ... if your on the message board ... drop by Friday night after the auction draft if you want ... around 8:30 pm or so ... downstairs. We are going to discuss the draft highlights/strategy and play some holdum in a friendly get together ... you won't win millions ... but you might get cab fare out of it!

Shoot ... you could just show up for a drink and make fun of our playing ability for all I care.

Mike
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:24 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

Chris ... if your on the message board ... drop by Friday night after the auction draft if you want ... around 8:30 pm or so ... downstairs. We are going to discuss the draft highlights/strategy and play some holdum in a friendly get together ... you won't win millions ... but you might get cab fare out of it!

Shoot ... you could just show up for a drink and make fun of our playing ability for all I care.

Mike UYT,

DId we find a place to draft?

I think Moneymaker doesn't get into Chicago until Saturday morning. I would like to lose $20 to him just to say "I did"!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:26 pm

Other than his one lucky WSOP I'm not sure he's won anything since... you might just win $20 from him...
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:45 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
Other than his one lucky WSOP I'm not sure he's won anything since... you might just win $20 from him... Exactly :D
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:39 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

Mike UYT,

DId we find a place to draft?

I think Moneymaker doesn't get into Chicago until Saturday morning. I would like to lose $20 to him just to say "I did"!
[/QUOTE]My Thought's exactly!

We'll work something out about cards when we get there ... we can always grab a couple tables in the lounge ... worse case.
Hakuna Matata!

fcphantom

Post by fcphantom » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:49 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
Other than his one lucky WSOP I'm not sure he's won anything since... you might just win $20 from him... Are you kidding?! He won the blind man's bluff WSPO event last year! ;)

Seriously though, he has made at least one World Poker Tour final table since then, although I certainly wouldn't place him with the top players in the world - Phil Ivey, Daniel Negranue (sp?), Howard Lederer, etc.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:14 am

well, in any case, whatever the stakes we would play for, expect him to play, ahem.. like a loose cannon.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:45 am

Knocking Chris's ability to play Holdum is like knocking Gecco's ability to play in the NFFC ... Neither will win them all ... but talking smack to someone who's "been to the dance ... and got the girl!" ... is pretty funny coming from guys who went home alone or didn't even make it to the dance!

IMHO
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:06 am

Knocking Chris's ability to play Holdum is like knocking Gecco's ability to play in the NFFC ... Neither will win them all ... but talking smack to someone who's "been to the dance ... and got the girl!" ... is pretty funny coming from guys who went home alone or didn't even make it to the dance!

IMHO EXACTLY! Winning it once, is more $$ than MOST of us will ever see in Fantasy Football or Poker!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:22 am

IMHO I don't dance - but that doesn't mean I can't make an observation. Forgive me for intruding in your world of 'known facts' - I have seen him make numberous bad plays in every tournament I have watched since he won it. There will always be a difference between 'luck' and 'skill' - I believe Chris won on a larger percentage of luck than most. That doesn't make him a bad player or a bad person.

I will attempt to no longer have an opinion on this matter ;)

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!