Live Chat With scoutPRO's Nelson Sousa: Wednesday, 7 p.m. EST

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:07 am

We're glad to welcome scoutPRO as our newest Event Sponsor for the NFFC in 2011. Nelson Sousa is the lead writer for scoutPRO and he's in charge of the player profiles that will be unveiled on the new web site shortly. Nelson is an NFFC veteran player who has won more than $75,000 in fantasy football over the last two years.

We're glad to have Nelson back with us in 2011 and he's ready to kick off our season by doing a Live Chat next week on the NFFC boards. Nelson will take your questions on Wednesday night, but let's load him up beforehand. Feel free to post your questions here and Nelson will take all of them in stride and post his answers on Wednesday night or maybe even beforehand. Let's get the ball rolling and analyze all of the rankings and ratings of all draftable players in 2011. Thanks all.

Welcome aboard Nelson and best of luck with this gang. Don't let them trip you up!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:10 am

Here's a few questions for you Nelson:

1. Do you agree with me that Donald Driver is being seriously undervalued right now or do you agree with those who believe Jordy Nelson carries more upside?

2. Are you concerned about Peyton Manning's neck injury?

3. Is this the year Joe Flacco finally takes the next step forward as a big-time fantasy QB?

4. How early would you take a QB this year?

5. Who's your favorite RB who nobody else seems to be paying much attention to right now?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:13 am

Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
maybe my question will get answered here by you mr. sousa as tom seems to be on overload in his live chat and can't seem the time to answer MY question. at any rate, here you are;

QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
who do you think can possibly be this years brandon lloyd (antonio bryant?) if anyone? you know, a guy that's in the league as a non-producer for many years and then suddenly striking ff gold? Some of the WRs who I think could blow up this season are:

Mario Manningham - great talent and should start

Mike Thomas - he's the new No. 1 WR in Jax.

Lance Moore - why are people still sleeping on this guy?

Steve Smith (Car.) - if he lands in San Diego as VJax's replacement he could be a fantasy stud again.
[/QUOTE]interesting list. but what if steve smith (nyg) is ready to play again? doesn't that negate manninham to wr3 status? and don't you think that it's possible that mike thomas could be overmatched by the opposing defense's number 1 db week in and week out? or do you feel that he's talented enough and ready to step up to the task as i have my doubts?
[/quote]

When you say this year's Brandon Lloyd, I'm assuming that you want a WR that will get drafted in a similar spot as Lloyd or in most cases not drafted at all.

Seyi Ajirotutu - If M.Floyd leaves via free agency

Mark Clayton - Same coach, why not?

MSW - Depends where he goes
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:32 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Here's a few questions for you Nelson:

1. Do you agree with me that Donald Driver is being seriously undervalued right now or do you agree with those who believe Jordy Nelson carries more upside?

Driver's tank is on empty. Nelson will be the best fantasy receiver in GB this year (Yes, I know Jennings is employed there :D )

2. Are you concerned about Peyton Manning's neck injury?

Not really. He could become a great value in drafts if he doesn't play early in preseason and guys start to get worried and let him slip.

3. Is this the year Joe Flacco finally takes the next step forward as a big-time fantasy QB?

He will have a better year than last year, but not that true break-out season most have been expecting.

4. How early would you take a QB this year?

Depends on the scoring format. NFFC - I want one by the 5th Rd

5. Who's your favorite RB who nobody else seems to be paying much attention to right now? HAHAHA............Wow this is harder than I expected. :D
Tell people players you like, but maintain a competitive advantage.

Ryan Torain - I don't respect Helu's talent. More straight line runner with stiff hips. Torain looks like a starting RB to me and it only takes one year to stay healthy to have a good season.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:39 am

That's the fun part about these chats Nelson.

I think people are sleeping on Driver and getting way too giddy about Jordy. Unless Driver suffers a major injury in the preseason I don't think my position is going to change.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:23 am

FFM - Sure there are plenty of WR in St Louis, but they are not going to play everyone. Two or three guys will come out of the pack and get most of the playing time.

Tom - I will continue to sleep on Driver. Actually at this point I'm probably in a coma........... ;)
The problem is even if he is going late there are WRs that will be drafted where he goes that have more upside. I guess it comes down to strategy. Are you looking for a safe low ceiling guy to compliment your team or are you looking for the home run? At that point in the draft I'm swinging for the fences instead of looking for the bunt single.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Free Agent Predictions:

-Denver signs McGahee, R.Brown or Barber to pair with Moreno. BTW, the Denver Post is all over the place. First D-Will is going to Denver and Moreno is no more than a 3rd-down back. Now McGahee makes sense and Denevr still hasn't given up on Moreno. A few more days and I'm sure they will get it right..... :rolleyes:

- James Jones signs with Bears or they trade for Ocho Cinco

- Rice signs with Ravens or Redskins..... Yes Flacco can go to Rice or Rice he can't go wrong.

- Holmes signs with Jets or Redskins - CHECK

- Asomugha signs with Texans or Cowboys

-D-Will signs with Bengals or goes back to Carolina - CHECK

-Bradshaw resigns with Giants. Dolphins, Bengals and Colts don't give him enough money

- Sproles takes his talents to South Beach

- R.Bush gets released and signs with Falcons or Rams

- Kolb seems to be an easy one but I think Seattle is in it until last minute

- McNabb goes to the Vikings. He is plan B for Arizona if they don't get Kolb - CHECK

- Cromartie will be playing musical chairs. I could see a dozen teams in on him depending on his asking price

- Orton gets traded to Redskins

- MSW signs with Patriots, Dolphins, Bears or Vikings

- S. Smith gets traded to Pats

- Ricky goes to Ravens

Most of these players will have a domino effect on each other.

[ July 27, 2011, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: The Franchise ]

SS

Post by SS » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Nelson, where do you see Willis McGahee signing now that he has been released and will he ever be a feature back worthy of lets say anywhere in the first 6 or 7 rounds status?
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place