NFFC Post-Season Hold 'Em Contest Rules

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:39 am

Okay, I apologize for the delay, but I had to make sure we had the software in place to do our NFFC Post-Season Contest for the third straight year. The guys at TopGun Fantasy Sports had their site crash, but they have a new site up and ready for us. It's still our contest, but the TopGun guys run the back-end contest for us. We secure the funds and pay out the top winners just like the last two years when we paid $10,000 to the top winners. So there's no concern about any of that.

Anyway, here's the rules that I quickly found and tried to update. I wanted to post it here. You guys know better than me if anything is wrong here. But take a look at this and let's get the rhetoric going for a playoff contest and the chance to turn $100 into $10,000. You can just sign up via e-mail with me at [email protected] if you know you want a team or two and then I'll personally handle those online when we're all set to go. The first 150 teams in are guaranteed a spot. Last year I think we had 137 or 139 or something like that.

Here ya go:

Official Rules and Regulations of the
National Fantasy Football Championship
Hold ’Em Post-Season Tournament

1. Overview: The National Fantasy Football Championship (NFFC) Hold ’Em Post-Season Tournament in conjunction with Fantasy911.com will begin with the first wild card games on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2008 and continue through the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 3, 2008 Points will be accumulated throughout the playoffs and the team with the most total points wins the grand prize. Second through fifth place prizes will also be paid based on total points. Each week the number of points an NFL player earns for you will be multiplied by the number of weeks he has been on your roster, rewarding fantasy players who correctly can predict top players on this year’s Super Bowl teams. Players who have first-round byes automatically earn two times their total points during Week 2 of the playoffs.

2. Draft: Owners must manage a team of 12 players throughout the playoffs to accumulate the most league points. Owners will initially complete their roster by selecting one player from each team that qualified for the playoffs. In the second round as teams are eliminated from the playoffs, owners can have as many as two players from the same team on their Hold ’Em roster. After the second round of playoffs, there is no limit to the number of players you can have on your playoff roster. As teams are eliminated from the playoffs, owners are allowed to restock their roster by adding free agents at $2 per transaction.

3. Roster Requirements: Maximum of 12 players at all times. No more than one player per NFL team in the first round and no more than two players per NFL team in the second round. After the second round, there is no limit to the number of players per NFL team you can have on your playoff roster.

4. Starting Lineup Requirements: Starting lineups will consist of:
2 Quarterbacks
4 Running Backs
4 Receivers (includes Tight Ends)
1 Kicker
1 Team Defense/Specials Team
5. Scoring: Players can accumulate points in a number of ways:
PASSING:
.05 points for every yard passing (works out to 1 point every 20 yards).
6 points for every passing touchdown
minus 1 point for every interception and lost fumble
RUSHING:
.10 points for every yard rushing (works out to 1 point every 10 yards).
6 points for every rushing TD
minus 1 point for every lost fumble
6 points for a recovered offensive fumble for a touchdown (RB, QB, WR, TE)
RECEIVING:
.10 points for every yard receiving (works out to 1 point every 10 yards).
6 points for every receiving TD
1 point for every reception for WRs, Tight Ends and QBs
0.5 points for every reception for RBs
minus 1 point for every lost fumble
KICKING:
1 point for every extra point
3 points for every field goal from 1-30 yards
3 points for every field goal plus .10 points for every yard after 30 yards (i.e. a 47-yard field goal would be worth 4.7 points)
DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS:
1 point for every sack
2 points for every interception or opponents' fumble recovery
6 points for every touchdown (interception return, defensive fumble return, punt or kickoff return, blocked field goal return, blocked punt return). All special teams and defensive points are awarded to the team responsible, not the individual player. Should a kicker, punter or field goal holder throw a pass off a fake attempt, however, the offensive output for that offensive play would go towards the individual player, not the specials team. Also, any lost fumble or “muff” on a specials team play does not result in negative points for that individual player.
2 points for every safety
12 points for a shutout by the entire team
8 points for allowing 2-7 points by the entire team
4 points for allowing 8-12 points by the entire team
2 points for allowing 13-17 points by the entire team

6. Free Agent Acquisitions: After week one of the playoffs, you can pick up new players to fill out your playoff roster. In the second round as teams are eliminated from the playoffs, owners can have as many as two players from the same team on their Hold ’Em roster. After the second round of playoffs, there is no limit to the number of players you can have on your playoff roster. Transactions are unlimited each week.
A) Cost per transaction is $2
B) 6 transactions can be bought at once for $10
C) Unlimited transactions for $20

7. Hold ’Em Multipliers: Each week during the contest, fantasy points are multiplied by the number of weeks each player has been on your roster. So if you pick Peyton Manning to be one of your starting QBs in the first week of the playoffs, you would earn his points from week one. If the Colts won that wild card game, his points in the second round of playoffs would be multiplied by two. If the Colts advanced to the AFC Championship Game, his points would be multiplied by three and then by four if the Colts reached the Super Bowl. Any team that receives a first-round bye, automatically has their points multiplied by two during their first game. Once one of your players are eliminated from the playoffs, you can pick up a new player for that upcoming round, but the multiplier would begin at one because you just added him to your roster.

8. Roster Time Frame: All starting rosters must be finalized five minutes before that weekend’s first playoff game. No lineup changes will be allowed after that first kickoff.

9. Number of Bid Limits: There is no limit to the number of new free agents you can add each week.

10. Tied Bids: In the event that there is a tie for the grand prize, the following tie-breakers will be used:
Predicted score of the Super Bowl game.
Highest weekly score of the teams during the playoffs (i.e. one team had a high of 220 points and the other team’s high score was 215, the 220 would win).
Highest score of the teams involved from the Super Bowl.
Highest score of the teams involved from the third round games.
Highest score of the teams involved from the second round games.
Highest score of the teams involved from the first round games.
Split the prize money in question.

11. League Structure: The league will consist of all participating teams without any limitation of the number. The basis prize breakdown is set forth in Paragraph 12 which follows.

12. Prize Breakdown:
Fantasy911.com National Fantasy Football Championship = $10,000, or seat at the 2008 World Series of Poker Tournament
Second Place = $1,000
Third Place = $500
Fourth Place = $250
Fifth Place = $100

13. Fantasy911.com Guarantee: Once a participant signs up online and submits valid payment, no money will be refunded to participants or co-managers unless the Hold ’Em Post-Season Tournament is canceled. A team spot is considered filled when the entire $100 entry fee is paid. Fantasy911.com is not responsible for any loss or liability incurred by any participant or co-managers due to cancellation of The Hold ’Em Post-Season Tournament, including but not limited to time taken off from employment, etc.

14. Prize Winnings. If your prize winnings exceed $600.00, the winner must file a Form 1099 with the IRS at the end of this calendar year. If necessary, we will request your social security number. The Form contains the amount paid to you and you will receive a copy of the Form for tax purposes. You are responsible for paying any taxes that result from your cash prize. Please consult your income tax advisor for filing advice.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Cool, email sent requesting one team with unlimited transactions.

[ December 20, 2007, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Ted's Cracked Head ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:32 pm

NFFC POST-SEASON CONTEST
SIGNUP LIST, $100 Per Team
$10,000 1st Place, Pay Top 5

1. Mike Weber
2. Rob Benetti, (* = Unlimited moves)
3. Scott Atkins, *
4. Chad Tabler
5. Paul Sidikman *
6. Chris Schinker *
7. Colin Laufenberg *
8. Marc Quitsch *
9. Patrick Owens *
10. James Mack *
11. Jeff Butler *
12. George Kleemann *
13. Matthew Bauler *
14. Chris Slack
15. Team Canada *
16. Jules McLean *
17. Jules McLean *
18. Marc Quitsch *
19. Danny Mitlof *
20. Jonathan Lueth *
21. Jonathan Lueth *
22. Richard Kulaski *
23. Louis Tranquilli *
24. Scott Stauffer *
25. Chris Latka *
26. Chris Latka *
27. Lewis Lipsey *
28. Kyle Baldwin *
29. Richie Primo *
30. Billy Wasosky *
31. Ted Baehman *
32. Ted Baehman *
33. Ted Baehman *
34. Bobby Jurney *
35. Bobby Jurney *
36. Richard Kulaski *
37. Jeff Kratz *
38. Michael Hrabovsky *
39. Kevin Dukesherer *
40. David Zwickel *
41. James Mack *
42. Jeffrey Butler *

[ December 28, 2007, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:50 pm

In, this contest is MONEY!
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:02 pm

Diesel, in please. (*+$20 unlimited transactions)

*I may take another team soon. But this one is a definite. Charge me Greg. I'm in.

Marc

[ December 20, 2007, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

powens

Post by powens » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:15 pm

Sign me up with unlimited transactions.

Patrick

renman

Post by renman » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:18 am

Greg...

Add James Mack and Jeff Butler to the list. Unlimited transactions.

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:11 am

Greg sounds like a blast I'm in for unlimited transactions... I assume you have the credit # email me if not thx.
2008 double playoffs!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:28 am

Originally posted by Team Canada:
Greg sounds like a blast I'm in for unlimited transactions... I assume you have the credit # email me if not thx. Just shoot me your name and e-mail address to: [email protected]. Thanks much.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:22 pm

Greg, please let us know when the site is up and running, as I want to get a feel for it, well before the playoffs start...Thanks.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."