NFL Sunday Ticket This Year

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:55 am

Okay, I'm sure I'm not alone here with NFL Sunday Ticket. I've purchased this product every year from DirecTV that it's been available and I have DirecTV over Dish mainly because of the NFL Sunday Ticket. So much to my dismay I see that the Ticket is now FREE to new subscribers.

Naturally I called DirecTV yesterday to say I wanted the NFL Sunday Ticket, but I wasn't willing to pay this year's $335 price. Heck, I remember when it was $125. I told her I'd cancel my subscription for a month and sign up in September. She said not only couldn't she give it to me free but she no longer was allowed to give out any discounts. In the past, you could always talk them into some type of discount.

So now my question to the masses: Did I get a bad operator and should I just keep trying? Or should I just cancel my subscription and start anew? What are you folks doing to get around a full $335 payment this year? Thanks for any advice. I need my fix, but hopefully not at $335.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:55 am

Okay, I'm sure I'm not alone here with NFL Sunday Ticket. I've purchased this product every year from DirecTV that it's been available and I have DirecTV over Dish mainly because of the NFL Sunday Ticket. So much to my dismay I see that the Ticket is now FREE to new subscribers.

Naturally I called DirecTV yesterday to say I wanted the NFL Sunday Ticket, but I wasn't willing to pay this year's $335 price. Heck, I remember when it was $125. I told her I'd cancel my subscription for a month and sign up in September. She said not only couldn't she give it to me free but she no longer was allowed to give out any discounts. In the past, you could always talk them into some type of discount.

So now my question to the masses: Did I get a bad operator and should I just keep trying? Or should I just cancel my subscription and start anew? What are you folks doing to get around a full $335 payment this year? Thanks for any advice. I need my fix, but hopefully not at $335.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:05 am

$45 NFL Red Zone. :D

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:05 am

$45 NFL Red Zone. :D

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:04 am

I would call again. Pull the loyalty card out. Been with DirecTV X years. Sounds like they a locking people into two year contracts at the expense of old customers. When this contract is up with DirecTV it will be their last for exclusive rights. I would bet the NFL is going streaming to the masses and offering the Sunday ticket to a;; cable providers. If I am not mistaken you can get all regular season games on demand for 39.99. You cant watch live but after the Sunday night game all games go on demand and on Tuesday the Monday night game goes on. All HD like the $20 preseason package. If anyone knows how to stream this to my TV let me know.

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:04 am

I would call again. Pull the loyalty card out. Been with DirecTV X years. Sounds like they a locking people into two year contracts at the expense of old customers. When this contract is up with DirecTV it will be their last for exclusive rights. I would bet the NFL is going streaming to the masses and offering the Sunday ticket to a;; cable providers. If I am not mistaken you can get all regular season games on demand for 39.99. You cant watch live but after the Sunday night game all games go on demand and on Tuesday the Monday night game goes on. All HD like the $20 preseason package. If anyone knows how to stream this to my TV let me know.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:12 am

i tried the loyalty card. they don't give a ****.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:12 am

i tried the loyalty card. they don't give a ****.

Erok

Post by Erok » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:20 am

[ August 14, 2011, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Erok ]

Erok

Post by Erok » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:20 am

[ August 14, 2011, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Erok ]