How would you feel?

Gordon Gekko II

How would you feel?

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:14 am

There’s been a lot of talk recently on other football boards about what to do if someone leaves a bye week or injured player in their lineup.

I’d like to take that a step further…
Imagine it’s Week 13 of the NFFC Primetime season. The last week before determining playoff teams.

Suppose…
Team A = Top H2H team is 10-2 with 1680 points.
Team B = YOUR team is 10-2 with 1580 points.
Team C = Top point team is 7-5 with 1800 points.
Team D = 2-10 with 1480 points.

Team D hasn’t logged into STATS and hasn’t changed their lineup for the past 4 weeks.

Team D plays Team A in Week 13, and the owner of Team D doesn’t like you so they log in, take out their starters and put in injured players and backups…allowing Team A an easy victory and assuring you miss the playoffs and possibly lose out on $$$$.

How would you feel as the owner of Team B? Anyone think this can happen?

Raiders

How would you feel?

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:25 am

Already has. This is when the person running the Contest has to step in.

1. That's why a 3rd team was added, which was point based.

2. Victory points is next. :D

This year, just keep on top of your League, and point out any BS moves being made. Or just scored enough points.

GG, Baseball doesn't have these problems?

John

Gordon Gekko II

How would you feel?

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:41 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Already has. This is when the person running the Contest has to step in.

1. That's why a 3rd team was added, which was point based.
John - In the Primetime league only 2 teams make the playoffs, correct?

Gordon Gekko II

How would you feel?

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:42 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
GG, Baseball doesn't have these problems?

John You wouldn't think so ;)

TURBOUGH

How would you feel?

Post by TURBOUGH » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:47 am

The problem I see is that one of the teams contending could have faced that same team (team D) earlier and they've already received an easy victory.

I don't see a way to fix it. It's sorry that people can't do the right thing and submit lineups the entire season.

I just wish the NFFC had a real playoff format but that topic has gotten me no where.

Raiders

How would you feel?

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:18 am

'I just wish the NFFC had a real playoff format but that topic has gotten me no where. '

13 weeks of playoffs, that's not enough?

I do think 'Victory points' would help.

John

Robert Edwards

How would you feel?

Post by Robert Edwards » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:45 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
There’s been a lot of talk recently on other football boards about what to do if someone leaves a bye week or injured player in their lineup.

Imagine it’s Week 13 of the NFFC Primetime season. The last week before determining playoff teams.

Suppose…

Team D hasn’t logged into STATS and hasn’t changed their lineup for the past 4 weeks.

Team D plays Team A in Week 13, and the owner of Team D doesn’t like you so they log in, take out their starters and put in injured players and backups…allowing Team A an easy victory and assuring you miss the playoffs and possibly lose out on $$$$.

How would you feel as the owner of Team B? Anyone think this can happen? Removed by me. On more mature consideration, I do not want to get involved in this discussion. Sorry.

[ September 29, 2009, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Phat Bustards ]
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

Raiders

How would you feel?

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:59 am

Originally posted by Phat Bustards:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:

Suppose…

How would you feel as the owner of Team B? Anyone think this can happen? Removed by me. On more mature consideration, I do not want to get involved in this discussion. Sorry.
[/QUOTE]I must be missing something? Please explain.

Thanks,

John

D-Day Heroes

How would you feel?

Post by D-Day Heroes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:10 am

What would be the problem with setting up a program where it plugs in your highest average player for any BYE week Position Not filled 5 minutes before kick-off !

Not just for those guys that quit , but what about for those that have an Emergency .
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

GOD Hates You

How would you feel?

Post by GOD Hates You » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:38 am

In the scenario above, it is not a BYE week, it is week 13. The bye week substitution with the highest available player, is a consideration but not for GG's question.