Still waiting....

JerseyPaul

Still waiting....

Post by JerseyPaul » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:15 pm

Still waiting for my refund from FFM. Here's the story:

Well, I saved so much money not having to go to Vegas that I decided to sign up for Ryan Houston and Emil Kadlec's event... Fantasy Football Masters (FFM). This is the first year for the event, I believe, but Emil's name attached gave it some substance for me. This is an online event with a real-time online draft with a choice of draft dates, 8/28 or 9/6. I chose 9/6 (of course).

Initially, the league management was to be done on MFL. Never having used MFL, I asked Ryan to set up a mock draft so I could become familiar with the software. Ultimately he did, and the results were not great and many had misgivings. Subsequent mocks had problems so Ryan decided at the last minute to switch to Xpert Leagues (XL). I must admit that some of my Message Board posts might have influenced that decision.

On 8/28 the first drafts went off and as luck (the bad kind) would have it, XL had one-time software problems unrelated to FFM on that date. The problems were worked on and 5 or so hours later all but two of the leagues completed their drafts. There were, of course, many posts on the MB about the problems, pages and pages. As I was following the proceedings, lo and behold the thread disappeared. I then posted the following (my only post of the day):

If this Forum is just for Marketing, then don't invite comments from the players.

I think it's Bush League to delete threads. Open and frank discussion of known issues is better than a misguided attempt to cover them up.

So a server went down due to a software problem unrelated to this event. It happens. Now how you handle it will be the true test of whether FFM will be a force in this fledgling industry. Not such a bad post, I don't think.

Well, Ryan sends me an email indicating that since my posts never have a positive comment, he would appreciate it if I just dropped out and he would send me a refund.

I agreed, and asked him to send me the refund. That was August 29th.

Today, September 22, I'm still waiting for my refund and 2 emails have gone unanswered.

nnoy

Still waiting....

Post by nnoy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:53 am

Wow another classic example of someone from the industry not having a clue what “customer service” means.

I personally would go into “bill collector” mode and start a daily phone campaign until my refund arrived. Call them two-three times a day requesting your money, you’ll be surprised how quick you get it.

By the way I think it has long since been established that “Emil’s name” truly holds little weight in the industry.

Dyv

Still waiting....

Post by Dyv » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:13 am

I think I'd call my credit card company and file a complaint if I wasn't happy.

Just my .02

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

richieprimo

Still waiting....

Post by richieprimo » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:03 am

JP...Have NN :rolleyes: Y personally call them for you. They'll hand-deliver a check to you by the next day. ;)
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

JerseyPaul

Still waiting....

Post by JerseyPaul » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:43 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
I think I'd call my credit card company and file a complaint if I wasn't happy.

Just my .02

Dave Paid by check :mad:

Dyv

Still waiting....

Post by Dyv » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:38 am

LOL - sorry, JP
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

BillyWaz

Still waiting....

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:31 pm

Damn JP, you might get screwed on this one. Have to ask, why on Earth would you pay with a check? Best of luck in getting your $.

[ September 22, 2004, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

FatPerez

Still waiting....

Post by FatPerez » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:14 pm

Huh.....that's strange. I thought Pinchi Brian and I were #5 overall. I guess there's some other Overall Points Leaders listing. Ponch & John baby, Ponch & John.
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

BLACKHAND

Still waiting....

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:30 pm

jp , I would call them three or four times a day. mention that you are going to call the local newspaper where they are from. might shake them up a bit. IF not then the BLACKHAND will give you 50% and take over the matter (lol)

good luck
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN