Tell Us Your Draft Position & Thoughts!

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:59 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
Liquid, just want to let you and Ico know I got the #8 pick in Vegas #3 and love it because Gordon got #13. According to his statements the last 6 weeks, he's donating his money to the cause this year, but I doubt that. Don't know how I managed it but I've got Team Gekko in all 3 leagues I'm in. :D Yep. So you get another head start. You really don't have any excuses for not beating me. I've said from the start that the lower-end draft slots are bad. I'm not saying that I can't do well, but I have to get real lucky with my picks. [/QUOTE]Geck is an excellent drafter as witnessed by our NFFC mock. If anyone could pull a few rabbits out of their hat and build a winning team, it just may be Geck
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:01 pm

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
Liquid, just want to let you and Ico know I got the #8 pick in Vegas #3 and love it because Gordon got #13. According to his statements the last 6 weeks, he's donating his money to the cause this year, but I doubt that. Don't know how I managed it but I've got Team Gekko in all 3 leagues I'm in. :D The snowman spot is a decent spot because you potentially have 3 different roads you can go down and build from there.

Best of luck!

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:14 pm

I am not underestimating Team Gekko and I will enjoy the same draft spot that they have on me in the Invitational.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:14 pm

Originally posted by Ico Jones:
"I didn't pick this team" = "I got a bad draft spot" I did get a bad draft slot. #13 is the worst, even 14 is better with getting 2 picks in a row. Not complaining, just stating the obvious. Let's revist this issue at the end of the season and see what % of playoff teams come from the 13 hole.

Originally posted by Ico Jones:
If you lose it's not your fault, if you win you overcame the odds with your management genius. Exactly. Good show!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:16 pm

Originally posted by Liquid:
Geck is an excellent drafter as witnessed by our NFFC mock. If anyone could pull a few rabbits out of their hat and build a winning team, it just may be Geck Good point. What to do, what to do...maybe gamble on Culpepper and hope he goes nuts this year? hmmm... I'm open to suggestions

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:24 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Liquid:
Geck is an excellent drafter as witnessed by our NFFC mock. If anyone could pull a few rabbits out of their hat and build a winning team, it just may be Geck Good point. What to do, what to do...maybe gamble on Culpepper and hope he goes nuts this year? hmmm... I'm open to suggestions [/QUOTE]Culpepper shouldnt be taken until round 3! He always gets injured

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:31 pm

Culpepper shouldnt be taken until round 3! He always gets injured not this year

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:36 pm

I am referring to the general fantasy world consensus that a large majority of leagues will be picking one of the six RB's deemed sacred in slots #1 - 6, and 7-10 has 3 RB's, a WR and a QB to pull them through without really guessing too much. In picks #11-14, you maybe looking at some RB's that may or may not fair as good as a first round draft pick should. But then again that is why we play the games and one or even a few can do better than the sacred six RB's.Well, you're right about the consensus part. But the couple of VBD charts that I've seen (with NFFC scoring), have a few of those "sacred 6 RBs" you are talking about ranked OUTSIDE the first 6 picks, and some of the players that the "consensus" is drafting at the bottom of the first round are up at the top 6-7.

So maybe, just maybe it's the Picks 11-14 that have the advantage. Unless, of course, you listen to the consensus.
For Players. By Players.

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:38 pm

Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
Liquid, just want to let you and Ico know I got the #8 pick in Vegas #3 and love it because Gordon got #13. According to his statements the last 6 weeks, he's donating his money to the cause this year, but I doubt that. Don't know how I managed it but I've got Team Gekko in all 3 leagues I'm in. :D Yep. So you get another head start. You really don't have any excuses for not beating me. I've said from the start that the lower-end draft slots are bad. I'm not saying that I can't do well, but I have to get real lucky with my picks. [/QUOTE]Gordon, did I read this right??? you need to get "lucky", I thought it was all skill? Don't waorry though, I got #12, it should be fun...
[/QUOTE]