So, Where Does Peyton Go Now?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:36 am

Almost 4 years to the day after Brett Favre held a press conference to announce his retirement from the Green Bay Packers, the Colts and Peyton Manning hold a joint press conference to announce his release from the franchise. I'm sure it will be just as amicable as Favre-Ted Thompson and a lot of tears will be shed, but after that life moves on for both franchises (and trust me, Peyton is a franchise).

Now for the next step: Where does Peyton go after this?

Okay, Colts fans, let's hear from you about your feelings on today's announcement. Was there any other choice for Irsay? Is it time to totally reconstruct this team and move forward with Andrew Luck? Or should they have stuck with Peyton and built around Luck in future years? I'd love to hear from you folks.

And let's hear some predictions on where he will go. Here's my take:

If Ross wants to pay more than anyone else for a name quarterback, Miami has to be the favorite to sign Manning. Seattle could get the job done too by bringing Reggie Wayne with him. I just don't see him going to the Jets and competing in the same city as Eli. I also don't know if Arizona can get it done economically, but they have to be considered. And finally, the Chiefs make sense and can get it done. How ironic would that be for the same franchise who traded for Joe Montana now getting another future Hall of Famer late in his career?

Let's hear your thoughts. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:26 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Almost 4 years to the day after Brett Favre held a press conference to announce his retirement from the Green Bay Packers, the Colts and Peyton Manning hold a joint press conference to announce his release from the franchise. I'm sure it will be just as amicable as Favre-Ted Thompson and a lot of tears will be shed, but after that life moves on for both franchises (and trust me, Peyton is a franchise).

Now for the next step: Where does Peyton go after this?

Okay, Colts fans, let's hear from you about your feelings on today's announcement. Was there any other choice for Irsay? Is it time to totally reconstruct this team and move forward with Andrew Luck? Or should they have stuck with Peyton and built around Luck in future years? I'd love to hear from you folks.

And let's hear some predictions on where he will go. Here's my take:

If Ross wants to pay more than anyone else for a name quarterback, Miami has to be the favorite to sign Manning. Seattle could get the job done too by bringing Reggie Wayne with him. I just don't see him going to the Jets and competing in the same city as Eli. I also don't know if Arizona can get it done economically, but they have to be considered. And finally, the Chiefs make sense and can get it done. How ironic would that be for the same franchise who traded for Joe Montana now getting another future Hall of Famer late in his career?

Let's hear your thoughts. Thanks all. I think its either Arizona or Miami. I don't see Washington, having to play and compete against his brother twice a year in the same division and same reason I don't see the Jets (though I would love it), being in the same town/stadium. I don't think its about the money, so in the end, Arizona, in a great climate, with Fitz to throw to, is where he ends up.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:09 am

P.Manning, Reggie Bush, Daniel Thomas,Brandon Marshall, Anthony Fasano, Devone Bess, and Dwayne Bowe is a free agent! Oh the possibilities for the Fins!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:14 am

The Colts definitely did the right thing and I think Manning handled it with total class. No looking back now. And honestly this will probably give Manning a much better chance at getting a second ring.

My first thought would be Miami. I think that is a great fit for Manning and they will be very aggressive for him. I don't think that the money is that big of issue. My guess is Peyton wants to win and control the offense.

I would have Seattle or Arizona as my next tier of possibilities. Both teams could be a QB away. I don't see Peyton going to Washington, Houston, or the Jets.

Wayne

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:14 am

I also believe that Manning and Wayne definitely end up in the same city. How about a Brandon Marshall, Wayne, Manning combo???

Wayne

[ March 07, 2012, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Coltsfan ]

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:57 am

I think Miami is where he ends up. I read he has a house down there but I guess everyone with his coin has a house in FLA. They don't even have to sign Wayne as Blackmon will most likely be there at the eighth pick. Arizona next but Kolb gets A LOT of money real soon so I don't know about that. Is he cleared for contact yet or just to throw?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:09 am

Originally posted by Chi_Town_FEW:
I think Miami is where he ends up. I read he has a house down there but I guess everyone with his coin has a house in FLA. They don't even have to sign Wayne as Blackmon will most likely be there at the eighth pick. Arizona next but Kolb gets A LOT of money real soon so I don't know about that. Is he cleared for contact yet or just to throw? I would bet money that Wayne ends up wherever Manning goes. There is no way to get that kind of chemistry over a small time frame. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Blackmon was gone before Miami picks anyways.

Wayne

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:20 am

texans can do it. schaub in last year of contract. think it would be a 8 million $ hit on cap which is not bad. wayne would follow as #2wr. that team would be nasty.

[ March 08, 2012, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: THE_BLACKHAND ]
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:37 am

I also feel Manning and Wayne are a package deal. Whoever snaps the 2nd pick from the Rams may shed some light on the subject. My scenerio:

Miami grabs Matt Flynn.
Washington trades for the St. Louis pick and takes RGIII.
Arizona sticks with Kolb and Skelton.

That leaves Seattle for Manning and Reggie. Along with a healthy Rice, Baldwin and "monsterback" Marshawn, all of a sudden the Hawks don't look too bad in that division.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:06 am

Oh pleeeeease let Manning AND Wayne go to Cleveland?!