Time to get rid of head to head play

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:28 pm

I am sorry folks but head to head is not the way to play for $30,000 or $100,000 bucks.

Another reason to get rid of head to head the guy in my league sat Peterson the Minn RB ... maybe you heard of him ? Head to head ends up being a joke at the end of the season the teams out of it just don't care.

And you can't sub anyone back in for Peterson the guy did not play a bye week player he just failed to put him back into his line up.

Play all 11 teams every week is the only fair way to do high stakes league.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:35 pm

henry - we all know (well, most of us) H2H stinks and is a lot of luck. Greg knows this and has changed the NFFC to be basically a points league.

actually, i wonder how meaningful H2H is in the NFFC now. if the best H2H record isn't the 4th -14th best scoring team, each league will be sending the top 3 point scorers into the playoffs. the nffc is basically a points league now. H2H is almost meaningless now...which is a good thing IMO

[ November 15, 2009, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:38 pm

I gotta agree with Gekko on this but the H2H makes watching the games a lot more fun so it's a necessary evil. I've played in total points league before and I barely even look at those leagues but I always have the H2H leagues up on the computer on game day.

Wayne

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I gotta agree with Gekko on this but the H2H makes watching the games a lot more fun so it's a necessary evil. I've played in total points league before and I barely even look at those leagues but I always have the H2H leagues up on the computer on game day.

Wayne wayne, in the end, H2H doesn't mean anything unless the best record team is 4th or worse in points. everyone (except me) gets a H2H rush every week AND IN THE END IT'S MEANINGLESS. i wonder if any of the pundits realize this?

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Then everything would just be like a DC right?
NO we should not get rid of H2H. Although total PTS means more in the NFFC. There can be something said for being consistent. Thus the the H2H. But I am sure that brings up another argument :D

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:59 pm

Chris, you don't have to be consistent to win in H2H. Teams win 105-100 all the time.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:

Wayne Agree Wayne.

The NFFC is the best HIGH STAKES H2H contest that gives the most reward for people that score points.

Fantasy Jungle (a-holes! :mad: ) had "all play", and while I agree it was "fair",it was not exciting at all UNTIL the championship round. Like Wayne said, just looking at points all day. :(

I realize there may be people that still don't like it, but certainly better than the competition out there IMO.

[ November 15, 2009, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

renman

Post by renman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:51 pm

H2H is going nowhere. This becomes a borefest if it is solely about total points even if that is the "fairest" way to identify the best team.

The NFFC has a great balance between H2H and total points. The point in the initial post is more about QUITTER TEAMS than it is about H2H.

Fantasy football has alwyas been about beating your opponent on that day. If you remove that part of the game you remove a large portion of the fun. Would it be better for those who see fantasy football primarily as a money making gambling venture? Sure... Because it lowers some of the luck factor...

But it removes a ton of the fun factor for a large percentage of fantasy football players in my opinion. This comes from someone who in his NFFC career has been very unlucky with H2H. Not everyone has 10-20 fantasy teams where they manage the team, set lineups, and check results later in the week with limited interest in their games Sunday because they have no many different players going for and against themselves. Most people live and die on their one-three teams and following their players and those for their opponent (thanks to H2H) is what makes that fun.

[ November 15, 2009, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:24 pm

In the online league H2H means a ton. 1st gets in via pts and 2nd is H2H with only 2 getting in and H2H not even the #1 guy getting in it kinda means a ton.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:12 am

a point i touched on last night...

H2H means virtually nothing when it comes to qualifying for the NFFC playoffs. In order to reach the NFFC playoffs via best H2H record (and not points), you would have to lead your league in H2H record while finishing 4th or lower in points. Possible, but not very likely.

I tried looking for last years results, but couldn't find them. I estimate that on average only 3 teams (10%) will meet that criteria. 90% of the teams making the playoffs will be because of scoring the most points. It's not as extreme as a DC league, but it's pretty close. While H2H means a lot to most of you every Sunday (gotta have that immediate "rush" of a win or loss, right), it means very little in determining who makes the playoffs.

H2H means a little bit more when it comes to winning your league. How much more, I don't know. Again, I can't find last years results.