You ask/I answer-I ask/You answer

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:06 pm

Seeing how we have 50 bored fantasy football players staring at the message board, I thought of something to create traffic.

You can ask my any fantasy question and I will answer it. I then get to ask you and you have to answer it, but you then are the gate keeper until someone asks you a question.

Who's the first to bite?

[ October 31, 2008, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Seeing how we have 50 bored fantasy football players staring at the message board, I thought something to create traffic.

You can ask my any fantasy question and I will answer it. I then get to ask you and you have to answer it, but you then are the gate keeper until someone asks you a question.

Who's the first to bite? Will Avery and Ginn continue to put up big numbers for the rest of the season - or will Avery become like fellow rookies Eddie Royal/DeSean Jackson and have an occasional good game but not come close to matching his fire over these last 2 weeks, and likewise, will last week's Ginn just turn back into invisible Ginn?

[ October 30, 2008, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:51 pm

I think Avery looks more playable each week. As long as Bulger is upright, I think he should have some value. I'm sure some team will try to press coverage or even double him once in awhile. I don't think he is big enough of a receiver to score TD's consistently. He might turn out to be a 13-15 point per week player.

I think Ginn will be more of a hit or miss. It looks like he has a good match up this week. I think teams can game plan for him. If he doesn't hit the big play, you will see him disappear more often.

OK KJ-

In the 14 team format it is very difficulty to carry two defenses in my mind. I was sick of Dallas so I grabbed Green Bays last week. The problem is I don't really like Green Bay's match up this week and I do like a couple of Dallas's later on. Would you cut bait on Dallas or try to play match ups the rest of the year?

[ October 31, 2008, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Will you win in Week 10 without Portis and Cooley? More importantly, does it even matter?

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:57 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Will you win in Week 10 without Portis and Cooley? More importantly, does it even matter? I think it might not matter for the winner of our match up. Who ever loses might only have a one game lead and you have to play your division one more time. As long as we don't collaspes we are in. I think you have the edge that week, but we have Kevin Smith!! How much did you bid on him?

[ October 31, 2008, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:05 pm

I think Avery looks more playable each week. As long as Bulger is upright, I think he should have some value. I'm sure some team will try to press coverage or even double him once in awhile. I don't think he is big enough of a receiver to score TD's consistently. He might turn out to be a 13-15 point a week player.

I think Ginn will be more of a hit or miss. He looks like a good match up this week. I think teams can game plan for him. If he doesn't hit the big play, you will see him disappear more often.

OK KJ-

In the 14 team format it is very difficulty to carry two defenses in my mind. I was sick of Dallas so I grabbed Green Bays last week. The problem is I don't really like Green Bay's match up this week and I do like a couple of Dallas's later on. Would cut bait on Dallas or try to play match up the rest of the year? Shawn - I would cut bait on Dallas since I don't think they can be counted on to be a top D given all of their injuries. With Wade calling the shots they'll probably be decent, but not as good as GB.

I think you can still play matchups with low-level waiver wire D's that have solid matchups, there usually are 1-2 of these available most weeks. One mediocre D that could be available with some nice matchups upcoming is JAK.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:05 pm

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Will you win in Week 10 without Portis and Cooley? More importantly, does it even matter? I think it might not matter for the winner of our match up. Who ever loses might only have a one game lead and you have to play your division one more time. As long as we don't collaspes we are in. I think you have the edge that week, but we have Kevin Smith!! How much do you bid on him? [/QUOTE]I think around $140. I spent a lot of money the week before on Buckhalter, Moore and Kaeding.

Good luck this week. USSR vs. USA !!! :D

GOD Hates You

Post by GOD Hates You » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:22 am

I have Owens, Wayne, Welker, Marshall, and Breaston on my auction squad. Assuming Wayne plays this week, would you start Breaston over TO?

Thanks

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:35 am

This week I would. T.O. has become Mr. Irrelevant since Brad Johnson showed up.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:44 am

Originally posted by GOD Hates You:
I have Owens, Wayne, Welker, Marshall, and Breaston on my auction squad. Assuming Wayne plays this week, would you start Breaston over TO?

Thanks I would be careful. I am not one of those guys who has the logic "you must start your studs no matter what" because I bench mine quite regularly if I see something better on my bench. My point is that when a player like Owens has an invisible game (several in this case) where they are not getting the ball to him... sometimes offenses go out of their way to force the ball to him to get him in the flow and get defenses focused on him again.

I guess I just added to your confusion...