Playoff System Protest

wayne123

Playoff System Protest

Post by wayne123 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Well, my team won again this week and I am now 3rd in total points in my league and 4th in record. I cannot catch the points or the record for a Championship Points Chase birth. Bummer. But, I could still dramatically effect who makes the Championship Points Chase. I really think the NFFC needs a playoff system. Is it time to make a point about competition by throwing a key game? I have always tried hard in every game regardless of the quality of my team. But, I continue to be disappointed that the NFFC refuses to adopt a reasonable playoff system that better mirrors the actual sport that we all follow so closely. Opinions? Let me have it...I may deserve it...really on the fence about this one. On the one hand, the NFFC needs a playoff. But, on the other hand, I knew the rules when I signed up and the NFFC is still the best thing going despite this obvious shortcoming. I hate it....but I think throwing the game and effecting the outcome of my league may be my only real voice. Help!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

alanr824

Playoff System Protest

Post by alanr824 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
Well, my team won again this week and I am now 3rd in total points in my league and 4th in record. I cannot catch the points or the record for a Championship Points Chase birth. Bummer. But, I could still dramatically effect who makes the Championship Points Chase. I really think the NFFC needs a playoff system. Is it time to make a point about competition by throwing a key game? I have always tried hard in every game regardless of the quality of my team. But, I continue to be disappointed that the NFFC refuses to adopt a reasonable playoff system that better mirrors the actual sport that we all follow so closely. Opinions? Let me have it...I may deserve it...really on the fence about this one. On the one hand, the NFFC needs a playoff. But, on the other hand, I knew the rules when I signed up and the NFFC is still the best thing going despite this obvious shortcoming. I hate it....but I think throwing the game and effecting the outcome of my league may be my only real voice. Help! Your point is understandable considering the situation you are in with your league, but if you were in 4th place in record and 2nd in points, you would be speaking a different tune.... and I don't get why you would "throw" a game in protest. I hope you are joking.... if not, then maybe you should find a $20 league to join next year. Too many people invested a lot of money for people like you to be throwing games because of a rule you don't like.

[ November 14, 2011, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Al R G ]

Chi_Town_FEW

Playoff System Protest

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 pm

I assume you are talking about the online championship. 3rd in points in the Classic and Primetime should get you in. Throwing a game so someone can win head to head and knock the second place points team out is not very honorable. To many cheating, crying, lying, dishonest people out there already telling everyone how "unfair" something is. A waste of good air.You are #518 on the boards. That tells me you have been around the NFFC a while and know the deal. At #518 you have seen this thread every year, lol, and know the answer. My team is the worst I have had in my four years in the Classic. I posted a bloody 50 something earlier this year. I keep trying and lost this week 165.1-164.85. Top 3 in my league are all top 25 overall, so what. I will draft better next year. I am going to try and win the consolation round and the $2500 and that is like coming in 4th overall in the Championship round:) Play hard every week and be thankful we had a season this year. No more throwing games talk, doesn't really make you sound like a guy anyone here would want to have a beer with. See you in the consolation round. Good luck.

[ November 15, 2011, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Chi_Town_FEW ]

Quahogs

Playoff System Protest

Post by Quahogs » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:57 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
Well, my team won again this week and I am now 3rd in total points in my league and 4th in record. I cannot catch the points or the record for a Championship Points Chase birth. Bummer. But, I could still dramatically effect who makes the Championship Points Chase. I really think the NFFC needs a playoff system. Is it time to make a point about competition by throwing a key game? I have always tried hard in every game regardless of the quality of my team. But, I continue to be disappointed that the NFFC refuses to adopt a reasonable playoff system that better mirrors the actual sport that we all follow so closely. Opinions? Let me have it...I may deserve it...really on the fence about this one. On the one hand, the NFFC needs a playoff. But, on the other hand, I knew the rules when I signed up and the NFFC is still the best thing going despite this obvious shortcoming. I hate it....but I think throwing the game and effecting the outcome of my league may be my only real voice. Help! Your team is not good enough. Pretty simple. Get over it.

KenGill

Playoff System Protest

Post by KenGill » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:01 pm

Quahogs, if we had more people in Washington DC to speak like you -- the truth --this country would be in better shape!
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

mattjb

Playoff System Protest

Post by mattjb » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:25 am

how many points do you have? if you finish in the top 95 in the online championship you'll get a wildcard.

BLACKHAND

Playoff System Protest

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:53 am

kinda simple to me. i think people would take your protest more serious if you left out the throwing the game part. while i do not like a playoff system it is not wrong to debate it. but when you talk about throwing a game you lose honor and integrity. if you were on the other end you would be pretty pissed off that someone would even think of doing that. playoff system is luck to me and the NFFC rewards you for your body of work for the season. you should just play hard and next year play in a league that plays by the rules you like the best.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

kentucky

Playoff System Protest

Post by kentucky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 am

Originally posted by Chi_Town_FEW:
I assume you are talking about the online championship. 3rd in points in the Classic and Primetime should get you in. Throwing a game so someone can win head to head and knock the second place points team out is not very honorable. To many cheating, crying, lying, dishonest people out there already telling everyone how "unfair" something is. A waste of good air.You are #518 on the boards. That tells me you have been around the NFFC a while and know the deal. At #518 you have seen this thread every year, lol, and know the answer. My team is the worst I have had in my four years in the Classic. I posted a bloody 50 something earlier this year. I keep trying and lost this week 165.1-164.85. Top 3 in my league are all top 25 overall, so what. I will draft better next year. I am going to try and win the consolation round and the $2500 and that is like coming in 4th overall in the Championship round:) Play hard every week and be thankful we had a season this year. No more throwing games talk, doesn't really make you sound like a guy anyone here would want to have a beer with. See you in the consolation round. Good luck. Totally agree Bob. That was me and you this week. Elias could change the W/L result for our match, but we're still looking at consolation. I'm 5-5 and 5th in total points in our league. The good news is I've accumulated 454 total points the last three weeks, so there is hope if I can continue a pace like that. Good luck.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Erok

Playoff System Protest

Post by Erok » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:26 am

NFFC HAS THE BEST PLAYOFF FORMAT ANYWHERE!!!!!!!

Seriously, I've played fantasy for 14 years now. NFFC Playoff format is the best around. I even adopted it in my own local leagues I run.

The three week system takes much of the luck out of it and usually awards the best teams.

BillyWaz

Playoff System Protest

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:01 am

Originally posted by Erok:
NFFC HAS THE BEST PLAYOFF FORMAT ANYWHERE!!!!!!!

Seriously, I've played fantasy for 14 years now. NFFC Playoff format is the best around. I even adopted it in my own local leagues I run.

The three week system takes much of the luck out of it and usually awards the best teams. Yep, yep! :D