Las Vegas

Greg Ambrosius

Las Vegas

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:39 pm

Someone actually pitched that idea to me for baseball and said it would be a great idea to tie that into spring training in south Florida and do it. We hope to add a fourth city in baseball in 2006 and will certainly think about it. Anything is possible for football as well, but certainly we need to walk before we run here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

lichtman

Las Vegas

Post by lichtman » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:54 pm

Atlantic City is a hole. Agree with JP -- easier and more pleasurable to shlep to Las Vegas than to go to AC. NY is the place to be for sure. Maybe next year we can organize a Yankee or (heavens forbid) a Met game. You can ask John Zaleski about how much fun a group ballgame can be (although I've only heard the rumors).

No offense to those below the Mason Dixon line, but I think a Balto/DC draft wouldn't work. Again -- just as easy and far more pleasurable to go to Vegas for anyone in NY and points North.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

Dyv

Las Vegas

Post by Dyv » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:25 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Someone actually pitched that idea to me for baseball and said it would be a great idea to tie that into spring training in south Florida and do it. We hope to add a fourth city in baseball in 2006 and will certainly think about it. Anything is possible for football as well, but certainly we need to walk before we run here. Someone suggested it would be a great event to bring wives along if it were a cruise. *someone*

D
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Bret Borg

Las Vegas

Post by Bret Borg » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:26 pm

Especially those "wives" who happen to know a little about football...maybe, even a co-manager? Nuh, that would be too perfect...=)...

In all seriousness, I believe NY has a 3 - 4 day cruise to the Bahamas too, so you could cover Florida, California & NY.

For those couples celebrating, say a 5 year wedding anniversary without their wife...what a compromise, an anniversary cruise with fantasy football..."what a country..."

Out...

Bret