Having input in draft slot selection

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:26 am

Everyone: Thanks for you ideas/input/suggestions. A more formalized proposal is being worked on. I'm working on some other ideas as well. I'll let you know if/when they are ready for your review. It is appreciated.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:26 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
I will have to throw out the proverbial "You live in your mom's basement line" to make you feel inferior and low. I do live with my mom and grammy. btw, they said hi.

Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
Better yet, I will cordially invite you to New York to show you how someone like myself lives...And yes...its bigger than large...its SUPER-SIZEDthat's what makes MBs so fun. people like you can make up a dream world and pretend that you have something you really don't. it seems like you mastered that, charlie ;)
[/QUOTE]Exactly...that is why I suggest we meet...I see that you are from NY so that wouldn't be a problem.

What is your best email address, Brian ?
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:36 am

The morning line is Gekko –220, Liquid +180.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:40 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
If Gordy wants to talk specifically about how to unseed WCOFF as the top producing high -stakes fantasy challenge within a one year time frame...I have many terrific ideas that have no relevence to changing draft pick management.
Were you going to start some new threads to discuss your ideas? I didn't see any last time I checked. Maybe I missed them?
[/QUOTE]http://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ult ... p=2#000015

I have posted many ideas requesting the improvement of the league management site. At this point in time, I think our site sux and is below average. In order to convince people in other events to switch to this one next year, we must have something that is dynamic in nature and not static and poorly laid out. Features, look, feel, easy to use, etc. The website is NFFC's storefront...and currently its a little ghetto.

Other than that...I did like whomever suggested the random drawing for draft spot and then you get to choose where you wanna draft. I believe its called kentucky derby style....The only problem I forsee is getting the information back to Tom/ Greg in the necessary time frame in order for them to proceed with the draft on a timely basis.

:D
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:49 am

My 10 Favorite Things About Fantasy Football:
10. Waking up on Monday to see how my Sunday night players fared.
9. Same as 10, but on Tuesday.
8. Ridiculous trade offers in my local league.
7. Telling my wife who Matt Stover is.
6. Telling my girlfriend who Lawrence Tynes is.
5. Knowing who Jeb Putzier is.
4. Taking my pot-head friend to New York to cross drafted players off of my list while I went out in the hall to smoke a cigarette after every one of my picks.
3. Celebrating a late Jamal Lewis TD that just cost me $550. by allowing the Ravens to cover the spread.
2. Getting to read the extraordinary insights of such brilliant minds as NN :rolleyes: Y.

And my Number One Favorite Thing about Fantasy Football is...
1. 12 page threads on the benefits/drawbacks of "purchasing" your draft position. :eek:

Peace...and I'm outty dis thread.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:53 am

Originally posted by Al Swearengen:

Keeping busy I see, huh Al? :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:55 am

Originally posted by Al Swearengen:
My 10 Favorite Things About Fantasy Football:
2. Getting to read the extraordinary insights of such brilliant minds as NN :rolleyes: Y.
Great to see the love for me on the board never ends.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:05 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Al Swearengen:

Keeping busy I see, huh Al? :D
[/QUOTE]Tom..unfortunately, my girlfriend dumped me because she found out that I was cheating on HER. I'll have to tell the new one that I may be dropping Tynes. ;)
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:11 am

NNOY...the Grid Reaper will always have a place in his heart for Your Highness. Besides...I don't own Favre OR Vick anywhere. I seem to be linked to Pennington all over the place, which may not be a good thing, but in this league I don't have to ponder too much with Testaverde as my backup. :confused:

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:34 pm

Now that this thread is finished, let's see if Gordon can get a top 5 draft pick in the mid-season league so he can get a stud rb AND Gonzo like Dyv did in LV4. 12 pages later and you guys thought Gordon was being innovative when this was all about the president of the Gonzo club being outdone by the vp. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ