Are you ready for the Las Vegas heat?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:56 am

I feel bad for everyone dealing with the Hurricane heading toward Florida, but there is no threat of rain in the Las Vegas forecast, that's for sure. It was 107 degrees yesterday when I landed here and it's supposed to be 107 today. The Flamingo pool is a thing of beauty and it's impossible to go down there without jumping in because of the heat. Not that I've done that, of course!!!

For all NFFC members coming out, the Friday and Saturday events are in the Scenic View Room of the conference center, located on the third floor. The conference center is REALLY spread out and there are a lot of different conference rooms. We are as far back as it gets, so keep walking and keep looking for the signs. The Friday Auction League and Draft Masters League are in a side room off the Scenic View, so head back there. Give yourself a little time to find everything as the Flamingo is a good walk no matter where you go, as most Vegas hotels are.

Should anything go wrong on Saturday, Tom has my tracking phone out here and I'll have another cell phone (715-570-3036). Stay in touch and we'll get everyone taken care of. I'm afraid with this storm we may have to do some phone hookups, but hopefully it will all work out.

If anyone has some buddies out here this weekend who would like to help with the draft, bring them along as we may need extra people to help on Saturday and we'll pay them for their services. Or maybe a miracle will happen and that damn hurricane won't hit land.

I'll be out of touch today and Thursday for the most part as the Fantasy Sports Trade Conference starts in a few more hours, so good luck everyone in your travels and come early to have a drink with me. I look forward to meeting everyone and thanks again for your loyalty.

All 224 spots in the NFFC have been secured and the Draft Masters Leagues and Auction Leagues in each city are almost finalized (Chicago Auction League has two openings yet). So we're getting there. The fun part is just ahead.

Have safe travels and good drafts.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

JB

Post by JB » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:02 pm

Greg, is the Scenic View room open right now? I think I'll go take a walk and try to find it. And yes...it is DAMN HOT! I'll definately be out at the pool tomorrow looking at the scenery ;)

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:20 pm

Greg, if I'm late tomorrow I'll take either Priest or LT, whichever Bill doesn't take. I shouldn't have a problem being there for the second round. Flight gets in at 11:40 so we should be at the hotel by 12:20 and will be headed straight to the Scenic View. I'm hopping the shuttle straight from the airport and Gerard is grabbing the bags.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:43 am

This is a goofy hotel to find everything, so head toward the business center, but go up to the third floor and take a right off the escalator. Walk as far as you can to the end of the meeting rooms and that's where we're located. See you all there.

We just wrapped up our Fantasy Sports Trade Conference, which was a huge success. 170 industry executives here, along with ESPN video crews as a story should appear on Cold Pizza next Wednesday or Thursday. Napoleon McCallum was our guest speaker at the banquet and he had some good stories. He's ready for tonight's Welcome Reception, which should be fun.

Good luck everyone in your travels and arrive safely.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius