An Open Forum For WCOFF Players

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:14 am

This is a very, very, very tough time for all of those players who competed in the WCOFF event over the last nine years and were planning on playing there in 2011. Many of them have flights made, hotel accommodations set, fantasy teams they thought they had purchased, game strategies finished, and now the news this week that the event may not go off. The reality of what is going to happen for this year won't set in until an official announcement is made, but honestly the admission by RT Sports that they will not power the game in 2011 makes it very unlikely that WCOFF players will have the same chance to play as they did in past years.

I will not hide my disdain for what happened there or my complete disgust with the lack of information to the players who were put in this awful position. The discussion about prize payouts was hidden on the boards from non-members since March and few if any email updates on the current financial situation have been delivered to the members. It's the cloak of darkness that hides the players from the facts.

The message boards will likely remain on there for as long as the site is live. The current management runs the main site and boards and right now players are allowed to vent their frustrations. However, any requests for answers to how this happened or what is going to happen next or to possible payouts in the future have fallen on deaf ears. It's frustrating to watch those players suffer even more with management choosing not to respond to anything at all over there. I again ask Dustin or someone in charge to do the right thing and at the very least explain if or when anything can be explained honestly to the players so that they can move on and understand their losses.

I also will be open and say that all WCOFF members are welcome here if they are looking for a new home. I'm not hiding behind the fact that we want the NFFC to be your new home or at the very least we want you to stay in the high-stakes space with us or one of our competitors. We don't want you to leave the HSFF space over this. I can certainly understand why you would leave this space and NEVER RETURN. I would totally understand after how this industry has treated you. WCOFF isn't the first company to let you down, but it better be the last. Enough is enough.

Anyway, we have threads elsewhere on these boards about our two $100,000 grand prizes, our two Main Event formats (14 teams and 12 teams), our 15% discount to owners who weren't paid their prizes by that contest last year, our past history of paying over $7 million on time and in full, our reputations in the industry and more. I won't bore you with that here.

What I would like to do is offer this forum to past players who want to vent about their experiences and actually have people who care reply to you with answers. Maybe I know something about that situation that I can explain without overstepping my bounds. I'd also like this to be a place where you can introduce yourself to the NFFC community so that we can welcome you to the NFFC. I'd also like this to be a place where you can talk about your past WCOFF accomplishments and smack talk about what you hope to do in the NFFC. I'd also like this to be a place where you can ask questions about the NFFC's format, 3RR, KDS, etc. I'd also like this to be the place where our NFFC members welcome you and make you feel like maybe there is a new home after the fire has wiped out everything.

I just want you to have a new forum to come to. It's painful to watch the continuous posts over there from folks who don't know what to do next. Come here to vent, if nothing else. Come here to talk about football, if nothing else. Come here for a sense of community again, if nothing else. This is your thread and hopefully you'll soon get integrated into the other threads.

We've been through tough times and changes here as well. None like yours, but some that weren't fun, right guys? ;) We know you have to keep fighting to stay above ground. We just want to help you stay around, if we can.

Post here and if you need anything from me I'm at 715-254-5553 or at [email protected]. Tom is at 715-254-5559 or at [email protected]. Our office number is 715-445-2906. We're here to help and welcome you to a new home. And I trust our NFFC folks will offer the same help and warm welcome.

Just click the Register button on the home page of the NFFC boards if you're new here. Create a Message Board name and a password and hit submit. Email me to say you've signed up for the boards and we'll approve you shortly. We have an approval process in place so that spammers can't just continuously load our boards with spam links. But the approval process won't take long to get you on the boards. Thanks.

Best of luck all and sorry for your fate right now.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:36 am

Let's give a hearty welcome to Pete Miller of Rancho Murieta, California, who is owed over $6,000 from the other contest and will fight for it until the end. But in the meantime he's going to play with the NFFC, taking two Primetime Online teams that second weekend. Welcome aboard Pete and thanks for hanging in there. Nobody wants to see anyone leave this space over that fiasco. Thanks for hanging in there and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

Also welcome aboard to Mark Pumphrey of King City, California is another WCOFF 9-year member who is also going to do all he can to get his thousands of dollars owed, but has come to reality with the situation over there and is jumping into the Primetime Live in Las Vegas on Friday, Sept. 9th. I had a GREAT talk with Mark this past week and he believes it will take a good bit for folks to come to reality of losing something they really loved, but that eventually it will be time to move on. He's doing that now and coming to the NFFC. Thanks Mark and welcome aboard.

Welcome these guys, everyone. They have been through hell and back and they still want to play in 2011. I'm rooting for each of them...to have fun, enjoy the contest and maybe even win a bit here so that I can show them what winning checks look like again!! :D Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:41 am

is this pete (plukewh) from the wcoff boards? if so great to see you took a shot with another place this year.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:45 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
is this pete (plukewh) from the wcoff boards? if so great to see you took a shot with another place this year. Nope, that's Pete Lukowicz, who is still looking for a room for six nights if you can help him!! :D

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:48 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:
is this pete (plukewh) from the wcoff boards? if so great to see you took a shot with another place this year. Nope, that's Pete Lukowicz, who is still looking for a room for six nights if you can help him!! :D [/QUOTE]poor guy....i hope he at least gets his room nights.

sorry but i am not much of a snuggler.....pete is on his own there

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:10 am

Gambler... I only snore a little.... (Pete, Plukewh from wcoff boards).

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:20 am

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
Gambler... I only snore a little.... (Pete, Plukewh from wcoff boards). :D :D :D :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:37 am

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
Gambler... I only snore a little.... (Pete, Plukewh from wcoff boards). Pete, I see that Dustin responded to you and said you have hotel rooms waiting for you!!! Amazing, if true. Now your vacation is set!!! Stop on over for beers. You can't just sit by the pool for six days. You'll get bored. Tell Will to join you for this "vacation" and split a team with him!! :D

I have to admit that even with the RT Sports announcement there isn't a peep from Dustin or anyone else over there today. No acknowledgement of the facts. No admission that this isn't going to play out well. No wishing customers the best and here's the current situation with us this year. NOTHING. WHY??? Why not say what everyone needs to hear? I can't fathom what is going on in everyone's minds there? When is it time for some honest answers for those paying customers?

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

What really opened my eyes about the whole thing is how deep and loyal their customer base was. They really had to drive over, back up, drive over back up forwardbackforwardback to kill it...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:20 am

We should have a good, new addition to the NFFC announced this afternoon. We look forward to welcoming this well-known WCOFF player today.

Thanks for all of the phone calls this week guys. We know you're still making plans and all of this is coming at you quickly. But if you're going to be in Las Vegas Sept. 8-10 for the Opening Weekend, you can still fit in multiple drafts that weekend between the Bellagio and possibly another venue. We'd love to have you and give you a shot at our $100,000 grand prize. It's going to be a wild time and I just know that many of you are still staying in this space, still coming to Vegas and still good enough to win a national 12-team fantasy football contest. Welcome to the NFFC and we'll see ya in Vegas.