BillyWaz

Top 3 disappointments at skill positions thus far

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:37 am

Here are the top 3 disappointments IMO thus far;
(in no order)

QB- Daunte Culpepper, Jake Delhomme, Jake Plummer
HM: Marc Bulger

Between the 3, they have ONE TD so far!

RB- Lamont Jordan, Cadillac Williams, Willis McGahee, HM: Wali Lundy (as many people were high on him)

All 3 are on offenses that are HORRENDOUS right now, and all get behind quickly, and can't get carries.

WR- Randy Moss, Lee Evans, Nate Burleson, HM: Santana Moss

Moss and Evans have horrible QB's, and Burleson has just been forgotten about. Can't imagine him getting better once Branch gets in there.

TE- Ben Troupe, Chris Cooley, Randy McMichael
HM: Jason Witten

McMichael USED TO start off quick, but Troupe and Cooley have been COMPLETELY non-existant!

Comments?????

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:42 am

I'd disagree with McGahee. He hasn't been outstanding but 161 yards in his first two games is solid at least. If you got him as your RB2 (which is where he should have been drafted in my opinion) I think you should be happy with him.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:49 am

l.jordan and caddy suck. if folks did their preseason homework, they should have known they were headed for bad seasons.

my bad surprises are TE troupe and WR evans
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Stevekiel

Post by Stevekiel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:22 am

Well, I stayed away from all the above mentioned disappointments. My two biggest disappointments are Hasselbeck and Alexander. Two touchdowns between the two of them. The way it looks so far, I should have picked LT with the second pick!

But I am very happy with Driver, Stallworth and Chester Tayler

KAPEFEAR2

Post by KAPEFEAR2 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:32 am

I'm with the BURLESON company.Pathetic would be a great description.Evans played at NE and at MIAMI,before you pass judgement see how he does in his homeopener against the JETS.Also CPEPPis killing me,but what about the "breakout" year for BEN WATSON. He's another that has been missing in action.

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:21 am

TE-Troupe definite disappointment, for some strange reason I thought the QB issues may have even helped him as being a reliable security blanket.

WR-Burelson is bad too and probably going to be even worse with Branch and Stevens getting in the mix in the coming weeks.

Even though I know he is out and have the oppurtunity to play others Steve Smith as a #2 pick is really hurting my squad especially with Joe Horn being subpar.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:05 am

Bulger, Mark Clayton, Cooley are let downs right now...Burleson hasn't done anything since Dante was healthy and throwing it to only him, Hasselbeck is usually "steady eddie", so he shouldn't be counted on for 3 TD days. He'll have a rounded out season...Any wide receiver in Atlanta AGAIN. Vick will never be a passing QB.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

renman

Post by renman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:14 am

Gekko,

I do not think Caddy or Lamont suck. I think they both find themselves in horrible playing circumstances. I think Tomlinson would be an unproductive RB for the Raiders. As for homework... I did mine, but if you were on the draft board anywhere from 9-12 you likely were forced into a pick of Jordan, Caddy, Westbrook, Mcgahee or even Portis. All of which came with risk. Clearly in hindsight Westbrook was the right move (though I would be shocked if he did not miss games this year like every year). But on draft day Westbrook did not look like the pick to me (or most others).

If you were in the above mentioned spot on a draft board you either had to Reach for a top WR (risk here too) with S. Smith, C. Johnson, Holt, etc... and take a RB later. But most would take the RB first knowing a top WR will be there coming back. Being 9-12th this year put many owners in a bad spot. Unless you hit on westbrook or rudi johnson (who likely was gone) you might be in trouble...

To me, Nate Burleson is one of the bigger busts. He was touted by every single expert as a sleeper to grab. He has 2 catches and is about to get a more crowded position with branch. Moss, Jordan are huge busts not only because of what they have done, but the fact there is no sign of reason to think they might get much better outside of slight improvements against weaker teams.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:28 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
l.jordan and caddy suck. if folks did their preseason homework, they should have known they were headed for bad seasons.

my bad surprises are TE troupe and WR evans Agreed 100% Gekko. The writing was CLEARLY on the wall that Jordan was only going to catch 30-40 catches MAX this year (where his value was last year). I actually know of someone who said they would pass on Rudi Johnson for Cadillac exactly ONE week before draft day! :eek: Of course that same person took Jordan in the 1st round! ;)

I was on the Troupe bandwagon, but only as a backup. After Week 1, I wanted nothing to do with him in the NY/Chicago, as I saw how they don't even utilize him. It is a shame, because he is a talent.

I think Evans will come around eventually, but it may be a little late.